Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

A bargain! Nice things for Sudden Insights! Messages in this topic - RSS

Zero
Zero

6/8/2016
THE CHESS MAY STOP FOR NOW. THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE COOPERATION!

Delicious friends! I'm in dire need of Sudden Insights to really, really quickly raise my Watchful.
Since I'm a fairly new player I don't have much to offer, but I'm a creative sort. So I'm opening a little market, exchanging Sudden Insights for unusual rewards. Hopefully, my goods shall interest you!

THINGS I CAN SEND TO YOU IF YOU PLAY LOTS OF CHESS WITH ME

- Any kind of social actions, except for loitering
- 60 First city coins
- Funny pictures of my cats
- Soft whispers of romantic phrases in Italian (I even have a pronunciation defect, my R sounds very French. It's twice as romantic!)
- A drawing of your character!
- RATS
- Drawings about rats!
- A nice forum sign/avatar
- Suggestions about interesting books and comics you surely don't know
- Anecdotes about strange animals

I'm not setting prices here, but obviously time-consuming rewards like drawings require a fair bit of chess-playing. I trust your honesty.
So let's play chess together, shall we?

NICE PEOPLE WAITING FOR A REWARD

Book recommendations
Spacecatte
Shadowchthulhu
Sir Joseph Marlen
Phryne Amarantyne

Drawings
Vavakx Nonexus
Teslawalker

Other rewards
TheThirdPolice asked for "an anecdote about an animal told in a romantic Italian accent".

(Yes, I know, I could easily resolve my problem with alts.
But where would be the fun in that?)
edited by Zero on 6/11/2016

--
SEND ME CHESS AND I SHALL RECIPROCATE

Daniel Ember - Once a doctor. Now something else.

My Twine games
+5 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

6/8/2016
Sent you some as I'm grinding for another Cinder!
Btw, does one's Watchful level determine the winner and the looser?

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link
Morkan Kassington
Morkan Kassington

6/8/2016
I am up for chess myself, no compensation needed.

--
Ladies of the Neath, here comes Morkan Kassington, the gem among gentlemen
(He is actually a self-centered and foolish braggart, but he means no harm. Hit him up for social actions or dangerous lessons! Or just flirt.)
0 link
Luminen Walker
Luminen Walker

6/8/2016
I like chess... Sent an offer.

--
1 - Cpt. Martin Walker, a Paramount and Marvellous Dreamer.
2 - Ariana Crivelli, a silent and sagacious lady.
0 link
spacecatte
spacecatte

6/8/2016
Sent an offer as well. I would love to hear about intriguing series I've invariably haven't heard about!

--
"That cat is walking around in a space suit."

The SpaceCatte, a capricious feline claiming some absurd things.

Agent Wicket, a Fist of the Bazaar who is far too serious for her own good.
0 link
Morucant
Morucant

6/8/2016
I sent an offer. I want none of those things you offered though. In exchange for this chess game, and perhaps more later on, I would like your assistance in my experimentation with Mr.Page's stall. If you don't want to do that, consider the game free. I see no issue with helping another Seeker, even if I'm given no reward.
PM me if you're okay with the Stall experimentation, otherwise go on as you were. Keep in mind though, if you're successful at the Stall, you get an invaluable point in Seeking.
edited by Morucant on 6/8/2016

--
Morucant, who was once called Scholar of the Name.
Good for Chess, Sparring, Caligula's, and perhaps Midnighter lectures at Orphanages.
Uilx-Magnus, who truly loved...to Hate.
October is as unpredictable as wildfire and twice as dangerous. Don't ask his real name.
He has seen Hallowmas, now he will stay silent no more.
0 link
malthaussen
malthaussen

6/8/2016
@Skinnyman: say rather, one's Watchful influences the result. I think all the competitions are RNG weighted by stat, so one can win and lose to the same opponent in consecutive games.

-- Mal

--
"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Will do all socials except Loitering or Private Evenings (all my Free Evenings are accounted for), and Affluent Photographer Betrayals only, please. I am not currently accepting calling cards.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/malthaussen
0 link
Vavakx Nonexus
Vavakx Nonexus

6/8/2016
A certain Flag-Bearer might or might not have sent you a double-handful of chess invites. If it is not a particular challenge, would you mind drawing my main character for me, or at least provide an anecdote for my(rather minimal, knowing the purpose of that particular alt) troubles.

--
Amets Estibariz, the Moulting Eidolon: Cradled by a sun all their own.

Blabbing, the Hobo Everyone Knows: The One Who Pulls The Strings. A Clarity In The Darkness.

Charlotte and the Caretaker: A family?
0 link
Shadowcthuhlu
Shadowcthuhlu

6/8/2016
I will send more. I like pictures but am interested to see if you can stump me with book recommendations. I consider myself a little bit of an expert.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Dirae%20Erinyes. Closed to calling cards, but open for all other social action. I also love to roleplay.
0 link
ExceptionallyDelicious
ExceptionallyDelicious

6/8/2016
If your eyeless skull is still available, I am in dire need of one and would be more than happy to play as many games of chess as you need. Name is DavidJ. Cheers!
edited by ExceptionallyDelicious on 6/8/2016

--
Any and all social actions are appreciated, and most will be reciprocated.

DavidJ, a self reflection (main): http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/DavidJ

Damien Erebus, a broken man and aspiring spymaster: http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Damien%20Erebus
0 link
Sir Joseph Marlen
Sir Joseph Marlen

6/8/2016
I'd be happy to play some chess. I'm in the same boat as you, so would it be alright if I just keep sending chess requests until you stay stop? Also, book recommendations are always nice.
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 6/8/2016

--
Sir Joseph Marlen - The Romantic Sophist
Alexus Harven - The Defiant Fatalist
Rose Reinhelm - The Respectful Revolutionary
Cappuccino - The Perfidious Spycraft

Available for any and all social actions.
0 link
Zero
Zero

6/8/2016
Many thanks for the help, delicious friends! I'm getting TONS of chess invitations, and I'll accept them all as soon as I have more actions.

ExceptionallyDelicious wrote:
If your eyeless skull is still available, I am in dire need of one and would be more than happy to play as many games of chess as you need. Name is DavidJ. Cheers!
edited by ExceptionallyDelicious on 6/8/2016
No problem! Though I think you have to be the one requesting it, by using this action.

To everyone asking for a drawing: send me a description of your character!

To everyone asking for book recommendations: do you have any request, like a genre you really like, or do you prefer a surprise?

--

My Twine games
0 link
Sir Joseph Marlen
Sir Joseph Marlen

6/8/2016
I'm a fan of classics, mysteries, things with philosophical or symbolic meaning behind the story, things with a sense of humor, and just about anything with a Fallen London kind of feel. Though, really, just about any suggestion will do. Thanks!
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 6/8/2016

--
Sir Joseph Marlen - The Romantic Sophist
Alexus Harven - The Defiant Fatalist
Rose Reinhelm - The Respectful Revolutionary
Cappuccino - The Perfidious Spycraft

Available for any and all social actions.
0 link
dragonridingsorceress
dragonridingsorceress

6/9/2016
You're welcome to send Chess requests to both DragonRidingSorcereses and Seeker of Names.
(Can't send any myself at the moment, I'm roaming the forums because I'm out of actions.)

--
DragonRidingSorceress is an Author of good standing. Mostly good standing. She's happy to accept any social action except Photographer and Loitering, but requests warnings before duping/poisoning/etc.

Seeker of Names is a... being with an obsession. They're willing to accept all invitations.
One who seeks to know all that is and may be. One who dances in the silence of the void. One whose fantasies make the reality come alive.
0 link
Kylestien
Kylestien

6/9/2016
I have sent 7 chess games since 7 is the number apparently. I don't need anything but if you have something to give I won't say no.

--
I will accept all actions, though I hold the right to refuse for my own reasons. However, if you explain WHY you send me a harmful action like Loitering or Dantes,And I feel the reason good, I will consider it more. http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kylestien

Persuasive patron. You want a lesson, send me a message asking for one.
0 link
knguy
knguy

6/9/2016
I am severely lacking in Watchful so an extra Insight from each game is certainly a bargain to me!

--
"Knguy" - a rich, well connected, and steadfast gentleman. Terribly indulgent. Cunningly charming. Prone to zeezickness.

"No CP waste."
Have mysteries or need to gain second chances? Send me requests! High Shadowy/Persuasive. (yes, I loiter)
Nightmares/Suspicion woes? Stop hesitating! Let me know and I'll take care of those issues!

I am a Crooked-Cross! Invite me to your Salon.
Convenient wikia link
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

6/9/2016
King of mobile today, but do you happen to need more invitations?
Cheers!

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
0 link
Zero
Zero

6/9/2016
First post updated with the list of the nice people now expecting a reward. Let me know if I missed someone.
My message box is overflowing with chess. THERE IS CHESS EVERYWHERE. I'm using all my actions to accept the invitations and convert the Sudden Insights, but they are never enough.
CHESS WILL DEVOUR US ALL.

Keep sending.

--

My Twine games
+3 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

6/9/2016
Well, pop a message if you need more as I may need more soon! smile
Hum... and I think a forum avatar would be nice if I am eligible for one. The current avatar offers a great description and, regarding style, not so childish, but not so serious. Big Grin

Cheers and have a nice evening!

--
0 link
Eglantine-Fox
Eglantine-Fox

6/9/2016
I would be delighted to play obscene amounts of chess, especially if a drawing is in the offing for it.

--
Eglantine Fox, the charming and androgynous Correspondent, teetering between hobbies of seduction and self-destruction.

Siobhan O'Malley, Irish patriot (or 'bl__dy Fenian' if you're impolite).

Isidore Day, an up-and-coming London gentleman. All allegations of wrongdoing are categorically denied.
0 link