Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

Story Nexus name deleted? Messages in this topic - RSS

Gonen
Gonen

5/9/2016
Just found out my story Nexus game was changed from Gonen to User508311.
(My FL name Gonen still unchanged).

Does anyone know what happened and why? How can I chance it back without damaging my existing profile?

--
The Ashen Anesthesiologist - Paramount Londoner

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

The long journey to eccentricity:
On March 10th, 2018, reached 15 on all quirks, simultaneously. The Quirky Anesthesiologist
0 link
Lady Taimi Felix
Lady Taimi Felix

5/9/2016
I can't speak 100% to the original problem (though I'm harbouring a theory that it has something to do with the users who log in to both the app and the browser), but to change your StoryNexus name:

Click on Account next to your name in the upper right corner, then Edit my account. Once there you'll see an Edit link right next to your user name.
edited by Lady Taimi Felix on 5/9/2016

--
Lady Taimi Felix: Devoted Wife. Invisible Eminence. Patron of the Shadowy Arts. Monster Hunter. Lady of Adventure. Exceptionally Lethal. Loves a Good Chat over Coffee.
+1 link
Gonen
Gonen

5/9/2016
Lady Taimi Felix wrote:
I can't speak 100% to the original problem (though I'm harbouring a theory that it has something to do with the users who log in to both the app and the browser), but to change your StoryNexus name:

Click on Account next to your name in the upper right corner, then Edit my account. Once there you'll see an Edit link right next to your user name.
edited by Lady Taimi Felix on 5/9/2016

Not using the app (used it once, 2 weeks ago).
I'll try your good advice. Though it is giving an insane lag time when trying to Edit account.
I had quite a lot of lags in FL the past 3 weeks. Refreshed a lot. Only on FL and this forum. Anyone else encountered this lag (or the account name problem)?

--

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

On March 10th, 2018, reached 15 on all quirks, simultaneously. The Quirky Anesthesiologist
0 link
Gonen
Gonen

5/9/2016
Yes, many of you, friends, are Nexus-name changed. I see it at my contact list. You should check yourselves, there are quite a bit.
edited by Gonen on 5/9/2016

--

0 link
lady ciel
lady ciel

5/9/2016
I haven't got a problem with my account but I just took a look at my list of contacts and there are more than 30 User followed by a number listed. I don't know who they all are but it looks like a number of people have this issue.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/lady%20ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
0 link
Lady Taimi Felix
Lady Taimi Felix

5/9/2016
I noticed the User-Numbers issue a few days ago, when one of my proteges suddenly was called that on an as-yet-unanswered social invite, and then found a hefty handful of other acquaintances similarly affected. None of my accounts has this problem, and few other friends who I know for sure don't use the app are also fine, hence where my theory can from, but it is just that.

--
Lady Taimi Felix: Devoted Wife. Invisible Eminence. Patron of the Shadowy Arts. Monster Hunter. Lady of Adventure. Exceptionally Lethal. Loves a Good Chat over Coffee.
0 link
Gonen
Gonen

5/9/2016
On the EDIT ACCOUNT page I see on my contact list "!!DEACTIVATEDUSER517346-Cata Tewend" (Cata, took you as an example). There are many contacts of this kind. I believe I was of of them.
Really hope my profile won't be eaten. Not yet.

--

0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

5/9/2016
My main has 231 contacts, of those only 3 are affected.

This is a strange occurrence, but hopefully nothing serious. I would advise against fiddling around with your account just now. It's night in Europe, send an email to support and it will probably be dealt with first thing in the morning.

The "!!DEACTIVATEDUSERs" are deleted accounts. However, if you should see an account you definitely know still exists marked as !!DEACTIVATEDUSER, the problem would be on the larger scale. I hope Failbetter's servers or database haven't been hacked into....

--
Rupho Schartenhauer has killed a Master, well: most of it.
Cortez the Killer has killed a Master, definitely.
Deepdelver has become the progenitor of London's brightest star. It's... complicated.
Dr. Kvirkvelia, gone NORTH on 23/12/1894.
+1 link
babelfishwars
babelfishwars
Administrator

5/10/2016
Hello,

Just a quick post to reassure - no database has been hacked. Where people were using their email address as their username, this has been anonymised. Character names are unchanged. As mentioned above (thank you!), you can change your username from the account page, accessed via the top right of the browser game.

!!DEACTIVATEDUSERs - this is indeed deleted accounts, and unrelated. This is what happens when someone chooses to deactivate their account. Please don't report on the behalf of someone else - but if your account appears this way when it shouldn't, do get in touch. support@failbettergames.com

Thanks,

Olivia

edited by babelfishwars on 5/10/2016

--
Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
+8 link
phryne
phryne

5/11/2016
Wow, I didn't realize we could change our Storynexus name Fate-free (as opposed to our Fallen London name)! The possibilities abound....

--
Accounts: Bag a LegendLight FingersHeart's DesireNemesisno ambition
Exceptional Stories, sorted chronologically and by writerFavours & Renown Guide
+1 link