Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Patent Scrutinizer Messages in this topic - RSS

2/3/2012
I just obtained 5 of them by converting luminosity objects... can I sell 4 and keep just one, or is there any situation in the future where you need more than 1 scrutinizer?
0 mark as "accepted answer" link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

2/3/2012
As things stand, I don't think you'll ever need more than one.

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
travellersside
travellersside

2/3/2012
Who knows. It's possible that one day you might, else it's a rather bizarre thing that you can convert for so many. Not that I can think of any obvious uses for so many right now, other than in constructing a telescope.

2/3/2012
Speaking about Patent Scrutinizers... I am at the level 9 of the Heart's Desire Ambition - Topsy King.
One of the options needs a Patent Scrutinizer Deluxe, which is superexpensive (at least for me for now)... I was wondering whether it is worth waiting, accumulate Echoes and buy the Deluxe version or not, any idea?
Nigel Overstreet
Nigel Overstreet

2/3/2012
There is an option when your Attending to the Needs of a Singular Plant gets to 16 which you need and Patent Scrutinized Delux to unlock, but it's honestly not much better. [spoiler]It gives you a Mystery of the Elder Continent if you have less than 5 of them and it gives the exact same story text The Delux option for the Topsy King does not help much either. It's a neat bit of story and hint where to go next, but you're going to need to hand over those Implications and convince the book seller to give you the info if you want to continue with your ambition.[/spoliler]

Only getting 5 Patent Scrutinizers is quite disappointing as they are 72% of the price of Brass Rings which follows the same item exchange trajectory. It might even out if you consider that the sale price of Brass Rings was just reduced, but all in all I'd rather sell my Mourning Candles and buy a Scrutinizer. The more expensive rings, on the other hand, can be used to gain a Blistering Key.
It's even more dissappointing when you consider the fact that Memories of Light are much harder to come by and more valuable in their own right given their menace usefulness, than Brilliant Souls.

--
The Romantic Egotist: Most Hedonistic Man in All of Fallen London
Are you or someone you know Overgoated? Please, let me know!

Cider Club
Abraham Bounty
Abraham Bounty

2/3/2012
I am gleefully awaiting, you can not see it but I am rubbing my hands together in anticipation, a storylet that will use five or more patent scrutineers (possibly the deluxe version) in a device for the purposes of Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. While the value of this device for science can not be overstated, I will put it to a far more secular, practical and immediate purpose and use it to wrest Stolen London from the talons of The Masters and put it back into the hands of Britain's native sons.

--
News in the Neath: Noted citizen of Fallen London, Abraham Bounty, has acquired six hundred and sixty six souls. Additionally rumour has it that the lion's share of those souls was from a theft of The Brass Embasy itself. We are quite certain that this portents nothing ominous for him. Well, nothing unusually ominous anyway.