Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

questions about the late game(here be spoilers) Messages in this topic - RSS

harbourlady
harbourlady

2/28/2016
Some questions for late game/advanced players (seriously noobies, there will end up being spoilers in this thread: retreat)

• Okay - I traded my scholar for a dread surmise, so that i could go and colonize Aestival (side note - t was like an end game quest just to be able to get what i needed to colonize - when i realized how high the tab is for completing the actual colonization quest, it was like starting at square one ). The problem is that now i have nowhere to sell fluke cores, which I continue to collect en mass as I pursue secrets (i'm trying to supersize my stats this game by buying/selling/buying stat boost items in my study). The trading at the Iron Republic has also been stuck since the same time, leading me to believe that you lose the rotation of shops when you lose the scholar or admiral - if this is incorrect and Im experiencing a bug, please let me know and I'll report it. Sooo - I keep ending up with a bunch of flukes and nowhere to dump them. With no other use for them, they keep clogging up my hold. Am I missing a secret option to get rid of these things? Also, how long did it take you to complete this ambition? I'm basically just circling the map right now, visiting the colony to drop supplies and crew, selling wine to the monkeys, trading coffee to the surface, collecting supplies on the surface, back to the colony....etc. It's like groundhog day in the unterzee right now.

--
    Harbourlady: Torn between hedonism and solitude, harbourlady worships the twin alters of wine and secrets. Capricious, but rarely cruel, she will always go just over every line she encounters.

Captain Van Townes: He will tell you he was born of the sea, and you will never know if he is lying. Quick to fight and quick to steal, but with the honor born of men who will always tell the truth when asked the right question.

Social actions welcome, please be open to receiving them in return.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Harbourlady

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Captain~van~Townes~
  • 0 link
    Optimatum
    Optimatum

2/29/2016
    There is a bug with the Iron Republic days where obtaining a Fallen London port report with Days 15 doesn't reset them; I believe the solution is to use up Something Awaits You on a different option then visit the market.

--
    Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi! Christmas Cards appreciated though, especially the Fogscape with Tentacles.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
    0 link
    lady ciel
    lady ciel

2/29/2016
    Just be aware that visiting the market when you are on day 15 can set you to day 5 bypassing the shop that buys Fluke Cores. So you have to be lucky (or save scum to get the result you want)

--
    ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
    0 link
    harbourlady
    harbourlady

2/29/2016
    ah, excellent - i'll try that next time!

--
    Harbourlady: Torn between hedonism and solitude, harbourlady worships the twin alters of wine and secrets. Capricious, but rarely cruel, she will always go just over every line she encounters.

Captain Van Townes: He will tell you he was born of the sea, and you will never know if he is lying. Quick to fight and quick to steal, but with the honor born of men who will always tell the truth when asked the right question.

0 link
    Loscil
    Loscil

3/3/2016
    Ayy lmao, imo I think a Dread Demise is not worth it to have your scholar go crazy.
    What I did is not visiting the Iron Republic until I had 9 Searing enigmas to trade for the Demise. This way I can keep my weird friend, the Scholar, and at the same time have a Dread Demise.

Best of luck tho tbh
    0 link
    Remedan
    Remedan

3/4/2016
    Loscil wrote:
    Ayy lmao, imo [...] Dread Demise [...] tho tbh

Really?

But it's not a bad advice. The 2 extra Searing Enigmas my be worth it for keeping the Alarming Scholar.

--
    My Neathly Alter Ego -- Still trying to make some sense of it all.
    +1 link
    Loscil
    Loscil

3/6/2016
    Remedan wrote:
    Loscil wrote:
    Ayy lmao, imo [...] Dread Demise [...] tho tbh

Really?

But it's not a bad advice. The 2 extra Searing Enigmas my be worth it for keeping the Alarming Scholar.

Yeah. I meant Surmise. Whoopsie daisy, oh well. I'm glad you enjoy my sick meem slang.
    Did mean "may" over there, though?
    0 link
    harbourlady
    harbourlady

3/6/2016
    yes, i definitely don't plan on making the trade next time round!

--

0 link