Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

Irem Prices Messages in this topic - RSS

Ubernoodle
Ubernoodle

1/31/2016
The prices in Irem are bugged for Fuel and supplies. I can purchase them just fine but if i can only sell them for 0 echos. It would be nice if there were varying prices to buy/sell fuel and supplies to keep the barter game a bit more entertaining. Accidently clicking sell and not even getting a single echo for my trouble just losing the goods feels a bit harsh. Not to mention a Zailor may need just a little bit extra echo for that final secret purchase etc. It would help the game become a bit more fluid as well.
+1 link

1/31/2016
Sadly, Failbetter does not always read every thread ever created. (Unfortunately, very often true with a two-word descriptive title not detailing the issue.) This thread could or could not be noticed by the Failbeter staff. Moderators and Administrators try to forward important stuff but there's no guarantee this here will get to Failbetter. Please send all bug reports not to a thread, but to sunlesssea@failbettergames.com. Please note the game version you have, a copy of your save game/autosave and Output log and list the specific shop this happens in. If you didn't notice the pricing that they only sell fuel and supplies to you and any null option for one way trade auto-sells at 0 Echoes and you want to leave Feedback to Failbetter about this or other things, please use Email or this link.
edited by the truthseeker on 1/31/2016
0 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

1/31/2016
Every shop that sells an item but doesn't buy it lists its price as zero echoes - it's just how the engine signifies "we won't buy this."

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

1/31/2016
Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook wrote:
Every shop that sells an item but doesn't buy it lists its price as zero echoes - it's just how the engine signifies "we won't buy this."

Indeed, but in some shops (or all? I haven't played SS for a while) you can actually sell the items for 0 Echoes which is very unfortunate. That issue has always been there though, so I assumed FB knew about it and maybe wanted it that way...

--
Old hand, still occasionally playing.
0 link

1/31/2016
Rupho Schartenhauer wrote:
Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook wrote:

Indeed, but in some shops (or all? I haven't played SS for a while) you can actually sell the items for 0 Echoes which is very unfortunate. That issue has always been there though, so I assumed FB knew about it and maybe wanted it that way...

Good point. it has never been clear if the sell for 0 echoes is a game engine limitation when one wants to buy/sell limited directions or items or a deliberate decision. Still, feedback is best done as per my last reply. But of course, I do hope Failbetter reads this thread.
  • 0 link
    Diptych
    Diptych
    Administrator

1/31/2016
    Yeah, pretty sure they all do that. Basically, the onus is on the player to verify that they're selling for the amount they want to sell for before they sell. I agree that greying out the button would be a nice QoL change, but I don't know how hard it would be to implement.

--
    Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
    Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
    +2 link