Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

About Gant.. Messages in this topic - RSS

Nanako
Nanako

1/9/2016
Two questions:
1. Does the eater of names respawn so i can get more than one figurehead from it, or is that a one time only? also is there any other way to get one?

2. The weeping scar from the chapel of lights. It mentions scarring permanantly and also gives a wound. But it's not clear. Does that give a permanant wound, thus limiting you to 2 health? or can you heal that wound and be able to take 3 again?

--
Sunless Skies needs engine and speed control mechanics. Have a look at my design proposal for implementing it

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic25687-a-design-for-engines.aspx
0 link

1/9/2016
1. It respawns but the ship spawning anytime is rare, period. However, the Figurhead from the Eater of Names only is absolutely used in one quest for that option over Parabola's (for the the other quest, Gant is available elsewhere, see below; ) and that item is sold for less in exchange to its negative costs than the Cargo option can often give (even with a ToT and 10 Fragments and the +5 to Terror.) However, A Cache of Curiosities 30-50 is the highest reward range from that bundle you can get and gives no Terror bump by comparison.

2. Should you consign your Nightmare's Strength to the Well, you get that Weeping Scar (the preferred Gant Acquisition method for the Curator,) reduction of your Nightmare's Strength from 1-10, and +1 to Wounds (that cannot total 3 or you Die.) Like all Wounds, it can be healed at Zee on a random 1% event, or healed by Resting in your Lodgings. The Permanent Scarring is flavor text and does not affect you otherwise.
edited by the truthseeker on 1/9/2016
+1 link
Nanako
Nanako

1/9/2016
thank you very much, this was helpful

--
Sunless Skies needs engine and speed control mechanics. Have a look at my design proposal for implementing it

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic25687-a-design-for-engines.aspx
0 link