Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

I beg your pardon, but have you seen my soul? Messages in this topic - RSS

Warriorbard
Warriorbard
Posts: 7

1/6/2016
A few evenings past, I found my stars rising, my toes warmed by the cheerful fire, and my station secure in one of the Brass Embassy's guest suites. Well, dash it all if I didn't accidentally barter my soul off to some confounded infernal wastrel! (accidentally hit the wrong option when the card came up).

Any assistance would be appreciated in this matters! I've poured over a few tomes and caught a few cats and have concluded any surprise packages might do the trick, amongst other options which I am currently exploring. Can anyone send me a few when they have a moment? I will return the favor as time progresses, as my resources allow.

A most gracious thank you for your time. I remain yours most respectfully,

W. Bard Esq.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/~Warriorbard

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/~Warriorbard
+1 link
Mordaine Barimen
Mordaine Barimen
Posts: 670

1/6/2016
While you are soulless and in the Brass Embassy suite, you might ponder getting an upgrade in Penstock's Wicket to the 5-card Brass Embassy Sanctum.

--
I'm sorry, but due to policy clarifications, I will no longer be giving detailed mechanics advice on the forums.

If you still need help, try the IRC channel.
+2 link
wraith
wraith
Posts: 136

1/6/2016
well, i recently sold my soul for a really good prize, we can exchange surprise package until we both recover our soul

--
a scholar who is ready to do anything for knowledge http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/madwraith
please send boxed cat
+1 link

Guest

1/6/2016
wraith wrote:
well, i recently sold my soul for a really good prize, we can exchange surprise package until we both recover our soul

See this thread.


And one often gets a drawn option to recover it should one wish to spend the fate.

  • +1 link
    Optimatum
    Optimatum
    Posts: 3730

    1/6/2016
    Surprise packages have but a one in 1008 chance of returning a missing soul. The first, easier persuasive challenge on the One's Public card gives bundles of oddities of values up to 220 and the required value for a soul is 200 exactly. If you own a ship, choosing to extort a sinking ship gives bundles of up to 300 in exchange for suspicion.

    Note that the fate-locked option on the Where's my soul? card increases significantly in cost with each use.

    --
    Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

    Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi!

    PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
    0 link

    Guest

    1/6/2016
    Optimatum wrote:
    Surprise packages have but a one in 1008 chance of returning a missing soul. The first, easier persuasive challenge on the One's Public card gives bundles of oddities of values up to 220 and the required value for a soul is 200 exactly. If you own a ship, choosing to extort a sinking ship gives bundles of up to 300 in exchange for suspicion.

    Note that the fate-locked option on the Where's my soul? card increases significantly in cost with each use.


    Also, if still investigating the Murder at the University, Pick out some likely candidates is the best non-drawn card option at 1-204. If I didn't need to get my Owl, I might have delayed my investigation even longer.

  • +1 link
    Warriorbard
    Warriorbard
    Posts: 7

    1/21/2016
    Mordaine Barimen wrote:
    While you are soulless and in the Brass Embassy suite, you might ponder getting an upgrade in Penstock's Wicket to the 5-card Brass Embassy Sanctum.


    Ah, well, that would be grand. However, I'm afraid my Taste of Lacre runs toward more plebian deficiencies due to my ignorance on how to handle the situation. I hope it will return next year, though! Thanks for your assistance.

    --
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/~Warriorbard
    0 link
    Warriorbard
    Warriorbard
    Posts: 7

    1/21/2016
    the truthseeker wrote:
    Optimatum wrote:
    Surprise packages have but a one in 1008 chance of returning a missing soul. The first, easier persuasive challenge on the One's Public card gives bundles of oddities of values up to 220 and the required value for a soul is 200 exactly. If you own a ship, choosing to extort a sinking ship gives bundles of up to 300 in exchange for suspicion.

    Note that the fate-locked option on the Where's my soul? card increases significantly in cost with each use.


    Also, if still investigating the Murder at the University, Pick out some likely candidates is the best non-drawn card option at 1-204. If I didn't need to get my Owl, I might have delayed my investigation even longer.

  • I am indeed scouring the seas when not Making Waves and sending packages and dispersing my public (oh, those rascals! They do love a rumpus). Thanks for your suggestions.



  • --
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/~Warriorbard
    0 link

    Guest

    1/21/2016
    Warriorbard wrote:
    the truthseeker wrote:
    Optimatum wrote:
    Surprise packages have but a one in 1008 chance of returning a missing soul. The first, easier persuasive challenge on the One's Public card gives bundles of oddities of values up to 220 and the required value for a soul is 200 exactly. If you own a ship, choosing to extort a sinking ship gives bundles of up to 300 in exchange for suspicion.

    Note that the fate-locked option on the Where's my soul? card increases significantly in cost with each use.


    Also, if still investigating the Murder at the University, Pick out some likely candidates is the best non-drawn card option at 1-204. If I didn't need to get my Owl, I might have delayed my investigation even longer.

  • I am indeed scouring the seas when not Making Waves and sending packages and dispersing my public (oh, those rascals! They do love a rumpus). Thanks for your suggestions.


  • Still no soul after Gift exchanges, Performances with my Public and a few Black Flags, but the Relicer does help my sprifting ways at least. GL to all trying to recover this.
  • 0 link
    Warriorbard
    Warriorbard
    Posts: 7

    1/22/2016
    the truthseeker wrote:
    Warriorbard wrote:
    the truthseeker wrote:
    Optimatum wrote:
    Surprise packages have but a one in 1008 chance of returning a missing soul. The first, easier persuasive challenge on the One's Public card gives bundles of oddities of values up to 220 and the required value for a soul is 200 exactly. If you own a ship, choosing to extort a sinking ship gives bundles of up to 300 in exchange for suspicion.

    Note that the fate-locked option on the Where's my soul? card increases significantly in cost with each use.


    Also, if still investigating the Murder at the University, Pick out some likely candidates is the best non-drawn card option at 1-204. If I didn't need to get my Owl, I might have delayed my investigation even longer.

  • I am indeed scouring the seas when not Making Waves and sending packages and dispersing my public (oh, those rascals! They do love a rumpus). Thanks for your suggestions.


  • Still no soul after Gift exchanges, Performances with my Public and a few Black Flags, but the Relicer does help my sprifting ways at least. GL to all trying to recover this.


  • Well, it is a bit of a bother trying to roll one number on a two thousand-sided die, or one number on a two hundred-sided die.


  • --
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/~Warriorbard
    0 link
    Grenem
    Grenem
    Posts: 2067

    1/22/2016
    Warriorbard wrote:
    the truthseeker wrote:
    Warriorbard wrote:
    the truthseeker wrote:
    Optimatum wrote:
    Surprise packages have but a one in 1008 chance of returning a missing soul. The first, easier persuasive challenge on the One's Public card gives bundles of oddities of values up to 220 and the required value for a soul is 200 exactly. If you own a ship, choosing to extort a sinking ship gives bundles of up to 300 in exchange for suspicion.

    Note that the fate-locked option on the Where's my soul? card increases significantly in cost with each use.


    Also, if still investigating the Murder at the University, Pick out some likely candidates is the best non-drawn card option at 1-204. If I didn't need to get my Owl, I might have delayed my investigation even longer.

  • I am indeed scouring the seas when not Making Waves and sending packages and dispersing my public (oh, those rascals! They do love a rumpus). Thanks for your suggestions.


  • Still no soul after Gift exchanges, Performances with my Public and a few Black Flags, but the Relicer does help my sprifting ways at least. GL to all trying to recover this.


  • Well, it is a bit of a bother trying to roll one number on a two thousand-sided die, or one number on a two hundred-sided die.

  • one-thousand sided die. Well, roughly 1008.

    If you have average luck, and play "pick out some likely candidates" non-stop, you'd have your soul back in a mere 34 hours worth of actions. Getting it back with one's public is roughly 220 card draws.

    Not easy, but not looking for blemmigan pedant either through those methods, and you can supplement it with the long-odds of a surprise package. and hey, you might get the item that, statistcally, would require an ubergoat's worth of surprise packages to find. (NOTE: this doesn't mean a blemigan costs that much, surprise packages have other items, but 10080 echoes is in the same general price range, and that's the average number you'd need.)

    --
    Married!:http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/takuza
    I will accept all social actions that do not consume free evenings- and i will provide patronage to anyone who requests it, though it will be split between all requesters.
    On psudeo-hiatus. Will be inactive and active and fluctuate without warning.
    Grinding Favors without cards: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic22266-storylet-favors-grinding.aspx
    0 link

    Guest

    1/22/2016
    Grenem wrote:
    Warriorbard wrote:
    the truthseeker wrote:
    Warriorbard wrote:
    the truthseeker wrote:
    Optimatum wrote:
    Surprise packages have but a one in 1008 chance of returning a missing soul. The first, easier persuasive challenge on the One's Public card gives bundles of oddities of values up to 220 and the required value for a soul is 200 exactly. If you own a ship, choosing to extort a sinking ship gives bundles of up to 300 in exchange for suspicion.

    Note that the fate-locked option on the Where's my soul? card increases significantly in cost with each use.


    Also, if still investigating the Murder at the University, Pick out some likely candidates is the best non-drawn card option at 1-204. If I didn't need to get my Owl, I might have delayed my investigation even longer.

  • I am indeed scouring the seas when not Making Waves and sending packages and dispersing my public (oh, those rascals! They do love a rumpus). Thanks for your suggestions.


  • Still no soul after Gift exchanges, Performances with my Public and a few Black Flags, but the Relicer does help my sprifting ways at least. GL to all trying to recover this.


  • Well, it is a bit of a bother trying to roll one number on a two thousand-sided die, or one number on a two hundred-sided die.

  • one-thousand sided die. Well, roughly 1008.

    If you have average luck, and play "pick out some likely candidates" non-stop, you'd have your soul back in a mere 34 hours worth of actions. Getting it back with one's public is roughly 220 card draws.

    Not easy, but not looking for blemmigan pedant either through those methods, and you can supplement it with the long-odds of a surprise package. and hey, you might get the item that, statistcally, would require an ubergoat's worth of surprise packages to find. (NOTE: this doesn't mean a blemigan costs that much, surprise packages have other items, but 10080 echoes is in the same general price range, and that's the average number you'd need.)

    My trading partner got said Mushroom on the very first exchanges, so luck does happen. (Not for me, but luck does happen.)
  • 0 link
    Kittenpox
    Kittenpox
    Posts: 869

    1/22/2016
    I've not yet encountered your soul, but should you find it again you simply must visit for a celebratory dinner!
    I'll make sure to set out my very best crockery and cutlery. smile

    --
    Kittenpox
    Current [Fabulous Diamond] count: Twenty-Five (of 50). Halfway there! ^_^
    Metaphysical Caprice: 11.
    -
    Currently: Returned to the Neath, and regaining my footing in this place. :-)
    NO PLANT BATTLES PLEASE.
    0 link




    Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.0.2.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software