Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

Locked Out of The Venturer's Passage Experience Messages in this topic - RSS

haya
haya

1/5/2016
I basically got The Horizon Codex through the Supremacy Method, and this permanently locks me out from the "Pass beyond with him" option for the The Venturer's Passage storyline at Avid Horizon. Is there a reason for this? Doesn't this diminishes the gameplay experience? It's the same deal with the Zepplin thing, if someone got the "A Travelling Light" first before encountering The Empire of Hands, it locks them out of doing the Zepplin thing too. What's the purpose of doing this? It couldn't be because of the item itself, since players are able to get the Legacy Item "A Dream of Red" over and over again. Why?
0 link

1/5/2016
haya wrote:
I basically got The Horizon Codex through the Supremacy Method, and this permanently locks me out from the "Pass beyond with him" option for the The Venturer's Passage storyline at Avid Horizon. Is there a reason for this? Doesn't this diminishes the gameplay experience? It's the same deal with the Zepplin thing, if someone got the "A Travelling Light" first before encountering The Empire of Hands, it locks them out of doing the Zepplin thing too. What's the purpose of doing this? It couldn't be because of the item itself, since players are able to get the Legacy Item "A Dream of Red" over and over again. Why?

Because the events are Legacy unlocks as well, so getting one locks the other. A Dream of red is an odd coding exception from mid-game story legacy awarding and more like an Officer award than a end-event or Supremacy end event. I cannot say why so, but the others I can say because they are end-story events and have a yes/no tag marker, or the legacy items.

You might want to send feedback as if this were a bug if you are trying to get them to have all stories experienced and this stops it. Feedback will be read by Failbetter there, but not necessarily one of many threads here which may or may not get a mod or admin to bump this to them if not, and you'll never know if it did unlike sending email.

• 0 link