Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

Heart's Desire - Getting the first city coins Messages in this topic - RSS

Ian Wheaton
Ian Wheaton

12/19/2015
From what I understand, it's possible for other players to have large stockpiles of these coins that they can give to another player? I'm at a complete loss how to continue this storyline, as the materials I needed are suddenly bumped hundredfold. If that isn't the case, could somebody please help me with robbing the museum of mistakes? Thanks in advance! smile

EDIT: My IG username is the same as my forum name.
edited by Ian Wheaton on 12/19/2015
+1 link
Kivrin Neverwinter
Kivrin Neverwinter

12/19/2015
Ian Wheaton wrote:
From what I understand, it's possible for other players to have large stockpiles of these coins that they can give to another player? I'm at a complete loss how to continue this storyline, as the materials I needed are suddenly bumped hundredfold. If that isn't the case, could somebody please help me with robbing the museum of mistakes? Thanks in advance! smile

EDIT: My IG username is the same as my forum name.

I've sent you a batch of 30 coins. That's all I have spare, but if you'd like a museum robbed, I'd be happy to do that too!

--
Often lost, always armed, eager for adventure.
Kivrin Neverwinter
Also: August Reave, whose quest for knowledge tends to drive him mad or dead or both, at least once a week.
+1 link
Ian Wheaton
Ian Wheaton

12/19/2015
Kivrin Neverwinter wrote:
I've sent you a batch of 30 coins. That's all I have spare, but if you'd like a museum robbed, I'd be happy to do that too!

Thanks so much! Everything really helps. Big Grin

EDIT: I'm only a few coins short now, one more donation?

0 link
Ian Wheaton
Ian Wheaton

12/20/2015
Tried to look for forum rules, but couldn't explicitly find anything that warns against double-posting. So I just waited about a full day, hopefully I'm not stepping on toes.

I got two donations of coins within the hour (Thanks again!), but I'm still one gift short of achieving this. The requirements to work my way through this myself are so steep, so I'm asking just once more if someone can please be awesome enough to give me these? :p
0 link
Lady Taimi Felix
Lady Taimi Felix

12/20/2015
Ask and you shall receive, dear. Merry Sacksmas!

--
Lady Taimi Felix: Devoted Wife. Invisible Eminence. Patron of the Shadowy Arts. Monster Hunter. Lady of Adventure. Exceptionally Lethal. Loves a Good Chat over Coffee.
+2 link

12/20/2015
Ian Wheaton wrote:
Tried to look for forum rules, but couldn't explicitly find anything that warns against double-posting. So I just waited about a full day, hopefully I'm not stepping on toes.

I got two donations of coins within the hour (Thanks again!), but I'm still one gift short of achieving this. The requirements to work my way through this myself are so steep, so I'm asking just once more if someone can please be awesome enough to give me these? :p

(To start, my characters that have any notable coins are all a few short to send 30 or I would have.

Edit: and as I sent this I was later ninjaed with Lady Taimi Felix's sent coins. I've updated this post accordingly. I'll keep this for all people who have first city coins questions however, even if it no longer applies to you; congratulations! Don't have the total ever go below 77 or the storyette for gaining more coins pops up even if not needed any more. )

The storyette (reflected on this page) requires you to have 77 First city coins to continue and lists all options giving you methods to round them up. It's not supposed to be quick and encourages you to either build said connections/items to trade them in for such coins (but since all of my characters on this Ambition were past the point after the renovations, I cannot say what the updated Accidentally commission burglaries Criminals ranking is if still there, but likely is 5-7,) or to do listed social actions with others, including the Museum of Mistakes heists multi-turn option. As noted, others who have collected enough coins can donate them in lots of 30. Those who are a few coins shy can try the following:

• Convert 50 Compromising Documents to 10 Stolen Kisses and lucky (not rare successes) gain 4 coins as well.
  • Draw the "Awful temptation of Money" card for 1 coin per storyette.
  • Convert 5 Cellars of Wine using "An improbable exchange "on the "Presumptuous Opportunity" card for 3 actions to an Airag, and receive 5 coins.
  • Complete a "Counting the Days" cycle and draw the "Secrets and Spending" card, choosing "Fencing certain coins" (requires Connected Criminals: 3) gaining a whopping 20 coins.
  • Choose "Look at those coins" from "An Unusual Wager" card and gain 1 coin when lucky.
  • Spend 1 cp of Connected Masters for 50 coins and 1 Hastily Scrawled Warning Note (not always liked but a guaranteed large payout, no check)
  • Grind surface currency and trade to the Numismatrix for 1 coin per 111 currency. Low level players are best sending emails from this storyette granting them 30 instantly if successful even if never received by others.
  • Gather Warm Amber and turn that in for 5 per 6 coins. Robbing an anonymous wretch in Spite is the best range for this draw. Picking pockets at a ring fight in spite or assisting the urchins in the Flit is a way to try and randomly draw it without cards but has a higher range up to 66, where the lowest profitable reward 4-10 "Something Warm" is what you are going for.
I've left out the choices that are too cost/turn heavy or offer thee same low coin payout that the easier methods listed provide. The few coins shy link above lists the page showing all options however.

• edited by the truthseeker on 12/20/2015
  • 0 link
    Kittenpox
    Kittenpox

12/20/2015
    I've sent through First City Coins, Ian, in case you require more later. (I'm not familiar with the progress of Heart's Desire, or what's required throughout that story.)

If you find that you no longer need the coins, feel free to pay it forward and pass them on to someone else who does.
    But please respect that it took a great many (30) Actions to acquire, so I'd much prefer that they aren't sold to the bazaar for Echoes. :3
    edited by Kittenpox on 12/20/2015

--
    Kittenpox
    Current [Fabulous Diamond] count: Twenty-Five (of 50). Halfway there! ^_^
    Metaphysical Caprice: 11.
    -
    Currently: Returned to the Neath, and regaining my footing in this place. :-)
    NO PLANT BATTLES PLEASE.
    0 link