Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Cider Club Messages in this topic - RSS

hwoosh
hwoosh

9/27/2021
Skinnyman wrote:
hwoosh wrote:
After 8 years in Fallen London, hwoosh finally has a Cider. No idea why it took so long! ... except that doing SMEN and getting the Knock, plus throwing thousands of Echoes of Tears away to keep Nomen alive for Gant Tattoos six years in a row, probably had something to do with it!
The Tears sure do add to those numbers especially if you extended your friends life as much as possible, not the minimum requirement.

So you are one of the ones that got a tattoo every years since NiteBrite got it first? Nice, nice, nice!

I went and checked the "Christmas (historical) page on the wiki to be sure, and I must have missed one year early on, because the Nomen first appeared in 2014, and if I'd gotten it every year, I would have already reached 7. I probably won't stop at 7 either--it's heresy to say this in Fallen London circles, but I attach no particular importance to the number!

So I'll probably keep getting weird eldritch snowman tattoos as long as I'm in Fallen London. The stiff, self-imposed headwind will make Hellworm and Heptagoat, and whatever other wild endgame grinds the FBG gang dream up in the future, all the sweeter an attainment.

--
Persona: hwoosh
R Fellow Oswho. Don't ask what the "R." stands for. The poor fellow is sensitive about it. And violent.
Most social requests gladly and promptly answered.
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

9/27/2021
hwoosh wrote:
I went and checked the "Christmas (historical) page on the wiki to be sure, and I must have missed one year early on, because the Nomen first appeared in 2014, and if I'd gotten it every year, I would have already reached 7. I probably won't stop at 7 either--it's heresy to say this in Fallen London circles, but I attach no particular importance to the number!
Technically, you are correct, but no one knew about the tattoo so you got it in the same year as the first players did. I was lucky enough to find NiteBrite's blog post via web.archive to confirm this. smile Besides this, your character must already have the regular tattoos to get the private one.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190126045710/https://britetimes.tumblr.com/post/120307092714/noman-faq-and-guide-spoilers

But in the Neath we know there are other things too and clocks can be treacherous!

Out of curiosity, did you push your Noman to the max each year or only enough to get the tattoo? Asking for a friend that wasted close to 59k E of low EPA materials.

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link
hwoosh
hwoosh

29 days ago
Skinnyman wrote:
hwoosh wrote:
Technically, you are correct, but no one knew about the tattoo so you got it in the same year as the first players did. I was lucky enough to find NiteBrite's blog post via web.archive to confirm this. smile Besides this, your character must already have the regular tattoos to get the private one.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190126045710/https://britetimes.tumblr.com/post/120307092714/noman-faq-and-guide-spoilers

But in the Neath we know there are other things too and clocks can be treacherous!

Out of curiosity, did you push your Noman to the max each year or only enough to get the tattoo? Asking for a friend that wasted close to 59k E of low EPA materials.

Fascinating, that much I did not remember! Well it's heartwarming to know I haven't missed a year after all!

I've pushed my Nomans significantly past the minimum each year, just because we've never known for sure that FBG that they might not significantly change the melt rate again. But merely enough to give a comfortable buffer, not to extremes.
edited by hwoosh on 9/27/2021

--
Persona: hwoosh
R Fellow Oswho. Don't ask what the "R." stands for. The poor fellow is sensitive about it. And violent.
Most social requests gladly and promptly answered.
0 link
NotaWalrus
NotaWalrus

16 days ago
I am now a proud member of the Cider Club! Took literally years, but I now have the immortality juice.

Now to get that worm...

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/NotaWalrus
Ignacious, the Fluid Professor, he will accept most social invitations, including boxed cats and affluent photographers (but only betrayals), though he is absent-minded and might take more time than entirely necessary. He apologizes.
0 link