Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Mr Pages’ Fabularities

“An archive of things that never happened”. An in-character forum for fanfiction and roleplaying. Beware - spoilers abound!

Names of Newspapers? Messages in this topic - RSS

malthaussen
malthaussen

12/5/2015
I may be rolling the presses in a couple of days, and naturally I don't want to name my paper something already in use! While the Interviews thread contains some paper names, I was surprised to find no thread compiling them all (or at least, all those being edited by inmates of the forum). So, feel free to append your paper name to this thread, and I'll try to remember to collate them all in this message from time to time.

Abyssal Daily
Abyssal Vanguardian
Aeolian Crier
Avalon Oracle
Back-Street Tatler
Blackbird Gazette
Book of Delusions Weekly
Cthonian Hermes
Encrypted Clues
Eschaton Immanentized
London Daily Snooze
London News and Disturber
London Underground
Lyre of Erato
Neathly Enquirer
Newspaper
Non-Fictional, Non-Fallacious, Non-Fussy Niceties
Oddigem Correspondence
Overstreet Underground
Reverie
Rooftop Ragger
Spitalfields Explorer
Sunless Coast
That Infernal Racket
The Careless Whisper
The Daily Prophet
The Daily Punctilio
The Flit Dispatch
The Pied Piper, a Ratpaper Made by Rats for Rats
The Rambler
The Scarab
The SUN...
The Sunday Pulse
Thoroughly Impartial And Not At All Seditious London Times Newspaper
Underworld Echo
Veritable

Well, it took a bit longer than I anticipated, but I am now the more-or-less proud editor and publisher of The Rambler (with apologies to Samuel Johnson)

-- Mal
edited by malthaussen on 1/19/2016

--
"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Will do all socials except Loitering or Private Evenings (all my Free Evenings are accounted for), and Affluent Photographer Betrayals only, please. I am not currently accepting calling cards.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/malthaussen
+8 link
Grenem
Grenem

12/6/2015
Newspaper, officially. unofficially, "That Damn IDIOT Stapled the paper to our door!" Again, the Newspaper is sent unsolicited, Nailed to doors, and is full of utter nonsense so far as the average is concerned.
For instance:
"the realm of fears manifest has recently had an attempted uprising by their lower elements. A reversal spirit has attempted to gather the hammer of law, so as to use their power on it. Thankfully, they were thwarted by the holy maiden, the time-breaker, and the, self-professed, standard witch. The incident's perpatrators have either been captured, neutralized, or pursued by every single member of the realm"

"in the sports, today, in the realm of angels, eolande has just been promoted to administrator. Generally, this position is a huge gamble. either you die, or you gather a vast quantity of inspiration. We are now taking bets on whether she'll survive the next game of demise."

roughly twenty percent of our readership are not, in fact, willingly subscribed, and would cancel the subscription if they could catch me long enough to do that. Thankfully, they are not nearly as watchful as they like to think they are.

another half are under the impression this is all some fictional story, set in a vaugely neath-like setting. Who knows, it may even be true.
edited by Grenem on 12/6/2015

--
Married!:http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/takuza
I will accept all social actions that do not consume free evenings- and i will provide patronage to anyone who requests it, though it will be split between all requesters.
On psudeo-hiatus. Will be inactive and active and fluctuate without warning.
Grinding Favors without cards: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic22266-storylet-favors-grinding.aspx
+7 link
Nigel Overstreet
Nigel Overstreet

12/6/2015
I can't imagine you'd use it, but mine is The Overstreet Underground.
The chiasmus of it was irresistible.

--
The Romantic Egotist: Most Hedonistic Man in All of Fallen London
Are you or someone you know Overgoated? Please, let me know!

Cider Club
+7 link
Lady Sapho Byron
Lady Sapho Byron

12/5/2015
The Lyre of Erato, naturally.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Lady%20Sapho%20L%20Byron
Fighting the Menace of Corsetry Since 1892.
+6 link
Percenila
Percenila

12/5/2015
Encrypted Clues! Only the name is not encrypted.

--
Percenila Crypts, an outgoing and resourceful lady
Welcome all social actions, slow responds

(Too poor for the 2015 Feast sorry)
+5 link
Kolanowski
Kolanowski

12/5/2015
I run the small, but steadily growing Abyssal Daily, which totally does not contain hidden maps and offers of recruitment for a doomsday cult. Any such notions are lies and slander, and shall be dealt with. Severely.

--
Kazimierz Kolanowski, gentleman, scholar, humble servant of the Maw. Chaotic Evil. Open to all social actions & accepting almost all requests. Might sell you to Satan for a single corn chip.
+4 link
James Sinclair
James Sinclair

12/6/2015
James Sinclair publishes The London News and Disturber, which recently achieved the distinction of being named 'The Only Source of Truth' (although I suspect that there are several other papers that are judged similarly). Doing so required many, many Whirring Contraptions and an inordinate amount of time loitering at Wilmot's End. Frankly, it's a miracle that the printing presses are still running after so much jury-rigging.

Mr Pages is known to read The London News and Disturber, although sources from within the Ministry report that it does so mainly for the fiendishly difficult crossword puzzles (which it has described as 'captilectual', 'devicacious', and 'mentally strenulating'). These are produced for the paper free of charge by a cabal of not-quite-sane writers currently enjoying the hospitality of the Royal Bethlehem Hotel. One particularly infamous crossword puzzle actually required the use of Correspondence sigils to complete; unfortunately, success would invariably ignite and destroy the paper the puzzle was printed on. All the copies of that edition were confiscated by Special Constables, but somehow the paper continues to run, even after printing slanderous lies about a feud between Mr Stone and Mr Fires regarding a certain Box...

--
James Sinclair

Former Curator of the Sanguine Ribbon Society 🗡

A fully-fledged rêveur of The Night Circus.

Wines is red
Spices is yellow
But old Jack-of-Smiles
Is a murderous fellow
+4 link
The Absurd Rogue
The Absurd Rogue

4/5/2016
"People in Spite Who Can Actually Read Daily Bulletin".

--
"There is never another story. There is only one, and I try to tell it with every page. I fail, and I try again. There are no new stories; I have this one."
-S.N

RemainProfane#2532
+4 link
Sam Stephens
Sam Stephens

12/5/2016
Mine is called The Horn and Ivory Magazine, after the classical concept of dreams arriving through one of two gates. I thought about calling it The Twin Gates, but I didn't think that would get the point across. Cool names, everybody! Merry early Sacksmas!

--
Hello, delicious friends! I can be found here: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sam%20Stephens

I'm open to all non-menacing social actions. I particularly enjoy a good mystery. I'm also a Corespondent who can teach at your Orphanage.
+4 link
Aberrant Eremite
Aberrant Eremite

5/15/2017
Yeah wrote:
Funny story, about my newspaper...

Originally, I had attempted to call it 'The Scriveners' Review', though I must have accidentally selected my Gang of Hoodlums, as that's who ended up being renamed. So now, I have a newspaper cleverly titled "Newspaper", as well as a band of shockingly erudite scoundrels. I imagine they spend their time stealing research and forcefully peer-reviewing it.

You! You're Dr. Orthos, aren't you?

He murdered me in cold blood and stole my research! And then he ... he made me revise and resubmit!

--
Hieronymus Drake: Gentleman scholar, big-game hunter, scar-faced aristocrat. Remarkably sane, all things considered.
Tanith Wyrmwood: Longshanks cat-burglar; Bohemian author; now, perhaps, something more. Bubbly, expressive, and affectionate. It’s not only still waters that run deep.
Telemachia Lee: Gentle lady by birth, brawling Docker by choice. Good company in the drunk tank.
+4 link
Sandi Gummy
Sandi Gummy

7/28/2016
"Spiteful News" xDD

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Julia~Jokes

Hello all I am new xD
You can play chess or do things with me ^^
+3 link
Sir Goomy
Sir Goomy

10/12/2016
Mine has the most appropriate name of all:

"The Odd Fellow"

--
Social actions, invites, roleplaying and general merrymaking is more than welcomed!

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sir~Goo
+3 link
Appolonia
Appolonia

1/28/2016
  • I publish The Winding Sheet, best known for its obituaries. Young writers seeking exposure compete to publish the most delicious reports of the deaths of ideas, fashions, and trends. The haunted-eyed publish reports of their most spectacular fantasies of their own deaths. Tomb-colonists submit lurid poetry and make arrangements for clandestine meetings. Regardless of the acutal date of circulation, all editions are dated to the month of December.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Appolonia%20VonRavenscroft
  • +3 link
    Amyntas
    Amyntas

1/13/2016
    The Daily Punctilio.

Some of you will get that.

--
    Amyntas. Zubmariner and aspiring romantic.
    +3 link
    Sara Hysaro
    Sara Hysaro

12/6/2015
    Gloria Marie Valdez runs That Infernal Racket.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
    Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
    +3 link
    vitamancy
    vitamancy

12/6/2015
    Proud owner and editor-in-chief of "The Scarab" -- Shining Light on the Shadows of the Neath since 1893.
    +3 link
    Kittenpox
    Kittenpox

12/6/2015
    My newspaper is titled: The Thoroughly Impartial And Not At All Seditious London Times Newspaper.

(Kittenpox is mainly using it for accessing places one might not be invited "Let me through, good sir - I'm here from the Times", and the newspaper itself has only ever had one publication. Perhaps someday there will be a second issue, but today is not that day.)

--
    Kittenpox
    Current [Fabulous Diamond] count: Twenty-Five (of 50). Halfway there! ^_^
    Metaphysical Caprice: 11.
    -
    Currently: Returned to the Neath, and regaining my footing in this place. :-)
    NO PLANT BATTLES PLEASE.
    +3 link
    3Squirrels
    3Squirrels

12/7/2015
    Eddy's paper is The London Underground, but was originally to be named The Public Good - until I accidentally named their gang that and liked it better.

--
    Eddy Gale, The Unburdened Cracksman - Available for all your burglary-related needs.
    Brought to you by Three Squirrels Who Game.
    +3 link
    Sestina Valdis
    Sestina Valdis

12/6/2015
    Sestina's newspaper is called Non-Fictional, Non-Fallacious, Non-Fussy Niceties. As the name suggests, it publishes only The Truth!... so it's really not surprising that it has only had two issues so far-- both neither very thick nor very successful.
    edited by Sestina Valdis on 12/6/2015

--
    Sestina Valdis, the Saccharine Satirist.
    Appearance and Misc. Accoutrements
    A Past Scattered Across Discarded Stockings

Fei Xue, the Artful Assassin.
    Self

Edward de Riere, the Barebones Baron.

+2 link
    Rackenhammer
    Rackenhammer

12/5/2015
    Mathieu runs the Rooftop Ragger, a mostly urchin-staffed production, filled with all the secrets that the gangs that rule the roofs have exclusive access to. Or whatever nonsense Clever Bill wants to foist on the unsuspecting public. Mathieu doesn't care so much, as long as it lets his little friends eat well, and teaches then a trade, respectable or otherwise.

--
    "DO NOT TRUST HAPPY ENDINGS. DO NOT FEAR SAD ENDINGS... NEITHER ARE ENDINGS."
    ~
    Mathieu Psmith: The Bard of Lost Children, loving husband, and a fixture of the artistic set. Can never resist making a show of things...

Irene Psmith: Adopted Daughter of Mathieu. Specializes in Information, Acquisitions, and the Acquisition of Information.

Vaughan Montblanc: Once a frontiersman of Western Canada, he now practices medicine in London. His discretion may be absolutely trusted.
    +2 link
    malaugurie
    malaugurie

12/5/2015
    Mine happens to be called Blackbird Gazette! We focus on fashion and scandal. Especially scandal.

--
    "Hey there devils it's me, ya girl Merle"
    +2 link
    Saevitia
    Saevitia

12/7/2015
    Saevitia runs The Careless Whisper under a name she made up and doesn't always remember. As such, the "misprint" of the owner's name on various editions is not a misprint at all. The Whisper briefly stirred up a bit of trouble when it published a questionably documented story directly implicating the Masters of some never really mentioned activity that may not have even been a crime. Ever since, revolutionary sorts have bought occasional copies thinking it may subscribe to their beliefs.

Much more interesting -- and far more likely to be the reason for continued readership -- is the volume of coded, unusual, or downright barking-mad letters and classifieds it will publish. Some are submitted voluntarily by readers; others are donated by urchins* who filch personal memoirs in the night. The Careless Whisper doesn't much care where it gets its "news", only that it is acquired and is sufficiently bewildering as to be saleable.

* There may or may not be a sign on the paper's offices suggesting urchins visit certain specific doors to provide "news" in exchange for loose change, scraps of cloth, weasels, and so on. There also may or may not be a weekly flyer distributed to urchin groups "suggesting" where they may want to seek "news" for the coming edition.

--
    Saevitia's profile and appearance! [Gone NORTH]

Now playing Esméralda, Saevitia's former helmswoman and moralistic Campaigner; she looks like this.

I'm usually up for RP. Social actions are generally accepted; those with in-character RP invitations are most likely to be reciprocated.
    +2 link
    titusAndronicus
    titusAndronicus

1/14/2016
    My newspaper is named THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN
    It's a terrible newspaper full of propaganda, lurid stories, and straight-up lies.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/titusAndronicus - a gentleman of great impropriety, and a great friend to the rubbery.)
    +2 link
    Gonen
    Gonen

1/13/2016
    Mine is The Sunday Pulse.
    A rather failing and uninteresting newspaper. Can't do well with a crew of a drunkard baronet who lost his title and cannot enter the most mundane of parties [The social column], an ambitious color blind Ratus Faber [Art], a low level street con artist [where IS he today d**n it! Sports.], an old cynical professor who lost his job at the university [science and letters to the editor], a Clay Man [accounting... Yea, doesn't help decreasing our debts, I know] and a rubbery man (woman, we think) [Her title is.. we don't really... know? Always been there, helping. No one remember recruiting her. Always arrives before everyone and leaves last. Best worker we have in this sorry lot. Senior editor, I guess].
    edited by Gonen on 1/13/2016

--
    The Ashen Anesthesiologist - Paramount Londoner

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

The long journey to eccentricity:
    On March 10th, 2018, reached 15 on all quirks, simultaneously. The Quirky Anesthesiologist
    +2 link
    Samuel Perryman
    Samuel Perryman

1/14/2016
    The Daily Prophet. No it doesn't cover magical news, why does everyone ask that? I find that insulting to the broad religious base that forms my readership.

--
    Samuel Perryman A Correspondent and a patriot, seeking to bring London to a new Neathy Empire. An Extraordinary Mind accepting new proteges.

Cecil Palmer Wait... Where is my radio?
    +2 link
    Brian Hibbs
    Brian Hibbs

4/18/2016
    It is uncreative, but since it is a publication that would actually be in London by the time the game started and I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere I chose to name my newspaper The Economist.

--
    Hello: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Brian~Hibbs
    +2 link
    The Black-Shirted Radical
    The Black-Shirted Radical

5/2/2016
    The New London League of National Populists produces a party newspaper- Anabasis or "Upward March". It is a bold newspaper, with a very high turnout and rather low consumption rate. Produced out of the Radical's own pocket, it is printed in secret by a family of disgruntled Irish printers whose previous premises were burnt by Devils for producing Christian literature.

The newspaper is very heavy on rhetoric, with party officials writing tirades against anarchists, the Masters, bankers, non-Christians and Devils. The paper outlines the National Populist viewpoint, from the emancipation of Clay Men to the abdication of the Traitor Empress. The paper includes advertisements for party uniform purchase, subscription membership and details of the next rally.

Needless to say, to be seen reading it in all but LNP strongholds is an invitation to a street fight.

--
    Poet of once distinguished acclaim.Apprentice alcoholic. Somewhere to the right of Attila the Hun. Radical politician, playwright, duelist, archaeologist,Correspondence professor,criminal mastermind, Commander of the Auxiliary Constabulary, Leader of the League of National Populists, former Governor of Port Carnelion . Rude, crude and scandalous to know.

Plot his lynching at http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/The~Black-Shirted~Radical
    +2 link
    Sorocske
    Sorocske

8/5/2016
    I names mine Delicious Daily Drivels.
    +2 link
    Katerwaul
    Katerwaul

8/24/2016
    The Strident Bugle: delivering News directly into your Earholes at alarming Volume since 1893!
    edited by JimmyTMalice on 8/24/2016

--
    Celestine Stormstrider, written in the cinders of the stars
    +2 link
    The Absurd Rogue
    The Absurd Rogue

8/24/2016
    "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH Biweekly"

((It's actually The Flowerdene Underground, but that's so boring. XD ))

--
    "There is never another story. There is only one, and I try to tell it with every page. I fail, and I try again. There are no new stories; I have this one."
    -S.N

RemainProfane#2532
    +2 link
     Saklad
    Saklad

11/30/2018
    The Truth: because "The Ankh-Morpork Times” would be a bit on-the-nose.

--
    Saklad5, a man of many talents
    +2 link
    Yeah
    Yeah

5/15/2017
    Funny story, about my newspaper...

Originally, I had attempted to call it 'The Scriveners' Review', though I must have accidentally selected my Gang of Hoodlums, as that's who ended up being renamed. So now, I have a newspaper cleverly titled "Newspaper", as well as a band of shockingly erudite scoundrels. I imagine they spend their time stealing research and forcefully peer-reviewing it.

--
    Yeah Man - A Bleeding-heart hoarder of curiosities.
    +2 link
    Arcengal
    Arcengal

11/30/2018
    "The Letter X".

There's a story behind it.

--
    https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Arcengal
    +1 link
    Arcengal
    Arcengal

12/1/2018
    Jolanda Swan wrote:
    And the story is?

I wanted to call my Salon "Arc's Arcade", but despite being "only limited by (my) imagination and good taste", I couldn't call it that because FL doesn't allow apostrophes in titles. I ended up going for "Arcs Arcade" and I went on a big rant about it to my friend, who also plays. We then went onto discuss what I should call my newspaper, partially in protest:

[14:46, 11/14/2018] Call it x
    [14:46, 11/14/2018] MUST BE CAPITALIZED, YOU HEATHEN
    [14:46, 11/14/2018] "X"
    [14:47, 11/14/2018] WE SAID A NAME, NOT A LETTER. YOU TWIT
    [14:47, 11/14/2018] "Mr Pages glowers over the table at you, furiously, while signing off the paper hard enough to tear through it."
    [14:47, 11/14/2018] "The Letter X"

[14:49, 11/14/2018]The newspaper is now known as The Letter X

--
    https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Arcengal
    +1 link
    Daedalus_Falk
    Daedalus_Falk

12/1/2018
    Mine is the Veilgarden Varangian.

--
    https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Daedalus_Falk

----

For I was hungry, and you gave me rats. I was thirsty, and you gave me rats. I was naked, and you gave me rats. The rodents were gathered together, the cats slept in the Sun’s blindness, and the rats rose like the Moon, in the light at the edge of the cheese.
    +1 link
    Six Handed Merchant
    Six Handed Merchant

6/9/2019
    The Six-Handed Merchant named their paper "The World Wide Web" for...reasons...

--
    The Six Handed Merchant: If it's the truth you seek, The Six Handed Merchant is the gentlemen-, er, lady-, er, detective you need! Just pay no heed to that Eradication Officer tailing Six: that poor fellow is simply out of his mind!

Six's Mantlepiece (I am available for roleplaying and SAs. My schedule is pretty full, so please PM me first to work out the details.)
    +1 link
    the old man
    the old man

10/10/2019
    mine is the last honest newspaper

made with respects to an old and dead friend
    motto integrity is worth dying for but the truth is worth living for
    edited by the old man on 10/10/2019
    edited by the old man on 10/10/2019
    edited by the old man on 3/11/2020

--
    an old irish spy from the colonies, somewhat irrigo impaired but still sharp as a tack. friendly enough just don't mention parabola he gets awfully melancholic. (an honorary cat my life is complete)
    https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20old%20man
    no plant battles please for the love of god
    +1 link
    phryne
    phryne

1/2/2020
    I have a character who, in my headcanon, is an Elder Continent exile. They named their London newspaper "The Blue Prophet".

--
    my accounts, with all 4 Ambitions completed: Bag a LegendLight FingersHeart's DesireNemesisBag a Legend, again
    Exceptional Stories, sorted by season and by writerDestiny Guide
    +1 link
    Rainette
    Rainette

9/3/2016
    I am happen to be the owner of The Neathy Protean Gazette and Correspondence. I welcome you as a colleague. Please do stop by my premises in Doubt Street.

Yours in Ink
    Professor Rainette d'Bosquette, Doctor _______ and Litterature, Bachelor of Psychonometry
    Editor in Chief The Neathy Protean Gazette and Correspondence
    Captain of the Nautiluz
    +1 link
    Hotshot Blackburn
    Hotshot Blackburn

9/4/2016
    Vox Populi - a populist rag or a voice for the voiceless? Depends on who you bring the topic up with.

--
    Hotshot Blackburn: Messidor, Aspirant to the Calendar Council. Paramount Presence. Seeker of the Name. A firm believer in kindness, solidarity, and sufficient use of force and firepower.
    +1 link
    Crimson Mage
    Crimson Mage

9/16/2016
    The Neathglass Correspondent- A treasure-trove of knowledge better left secret. An intellectual's attempt to reconcile the Neath's many mysteries with science. A fire hazard with far too many Correspondence symbols.

--
    Crimson Mage, a man with a strange name and a love of mysteries. Gone North, as he knew he would
    +1 link
    theonie
    theonie

8/9/2016
    The Neath Today is the rather unoriginal name of my newspaper.

--
    theonie, an inescapable, midnight, terrifying, and irresistible lady. All social actions except Affluent Photographer welcome.
    +1 link
    Sir Goomy
    Sir Goomy

10/12/2016
    Edward Frye wrote:
    I can't think of a name for my newspaper. Anyone have any suggestions? It supports clay and rattus faber rights, and protests against The Masters (which is probably not a good idea).

"Mr.Bungle's Last Sober Day"
    OR
    "Ars Moriendi"

And yes, those names are references to something(s). Big Grin
    edited by Sir Goomy on 10/12/2016

--
    Social actions, invites, roleplaying and general merrymaking is more than welcomed!

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sir~Goo
    +1 link
    Loulou
    Loulou

12/5/2016
    After a great deal of thought and agonizing over the decision, I am now the proud owner of the Doubt Street Dispatch! But if anyone is still looking for a name, I also considered:

The Neathy Prophet
    The New Newgate Times
    The Forgotten Quarter Quarterly
    The Flute Street Philosopher
    The Veilgarden Variety
    The Wolfstack Whistle

--
    Dr. Emmaline Anders, Open to most social actions, and accepting all calling cards.

Lieutenant Balzac Thibault, seldom seen in public and rarely (if ever) available for social actions.

Rest in love, Lady Ellia Stoneham, gone NORTH at last.

Open to PMs if you're looking for help with affairs 'enigmatic'.
    +1 link
    Isabelle
    Isabelle

6/22/2017
    Stormwater Documents
    edited by Charmaine Vadmor on 6/22/2017
    +1 link
    Lady Karnstein
    Lady Karnstein

1/23/2018
    London Labrys, same as the Salon.

--
    Lady Caroline Karnstein, The Moral Hedonist (Description)
    Infamous writer, artist, and courtesan. Unrepentant Invert. Hesperidean.
    Paramount Presence, Correspondent, Nocturnal. Poet Laureate of the Neath, Ambassador to Arbor
    +1 link
    Ixc
    Ixc

5/1/2018
    The Bastion of Truth

--
    Pleased to meet you. Ixc, spy and detective. Inventor of the Correspondence Cannon.
    Are you a Paramount Presence? Record your name here. For posterity, of course.

Being poked incessantly by nightmares? Poke them back!
    Vote the Viscountess for Mayor!
    +1 link
    Balefire
    Balefire

1/3/2017
    I have just begun The Beyond Doubt Chronicle. We shall be reporting on diverse, delicious, and delectable stories of all sorts, including scandals, which are easy to find. Or to create.

--
    https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Deguello
    It is said that Deguello seems to want it all, and does not always discriminate overly much regarding how he acquires it. He wouldn't go out of his way to refute that, nor would he overly concern himself with avoiding scandal, welcoming it, in fact, as often as not. As for timing, he'd say that now is almost certainly preferable to later.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Balefire%20Ebonheart
    Merchant or smuggler, explorer or interloper, archaeologist or tomb robber, privateer or pirate? It depends on your point of view, but Captain Ebonheart has an insatiable curiosity and must perforce engage in divers means of funding his research, whether at zee, in a library, or in a pub.
    +1 link
    Jermaine Vendredi
    Jermaine Vendredi

1/3/2017
    It is my great pleasure to announce the first publication of THE NEATH HELLION. All news definitely true, whether fit to print or not.

--
    No plant battles, please.
    https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Jermion
    +1 link
    Ragged Martha
    Ragged Martha

2/13/2017
    "The Rag." For after all, a rag can be cut from any cloth and used to clean any sort of mess you can imagine! Who's to say it's not one of silk used to daub up prisoner's honey?

...Admittedly it isn't, but it very well could be one day.

--
    Charmingly abrasive, skulking like a rat amidst picked-over refuse, and staring with unblinking eyes at those who'd so fecklessly discard a perfectly good crust of bread. Ah! There's one now! Dinner!

Ragged Martha, a dead woman walking. What's not to love? Don't waste her time (And you'll know if you are, you little devil, you), and she won't waste yours. Corresponds entirely through telegrams, perhaps excepting gifts she delivers in person.
    +1 link
    robberbaroness
    robberbaroness

5/15/2017
    Mine is The Chthonic Companion. We're still finding our voice, but so far there's an equal mix of hard-hitting truth-telling and pornographic poetry in our pages.
    +1 link
     Saklad
    Saklad

6/7/2016
    I named mine The Truth. Our motto is “The Truth shall make Ye Fret”.

• edited by Saklad5 on 6/7/2016

--
    Saklad5, a man of many talents
  • +1 link
    Professor Strix
    Professor Strix

7/27/2016
    What reminds me, I have managed to fund successfully the London's Journal of Science Education, a weekly newspaper of considerable lenght with scientific articles that were considered irrelevant to be published in actual scientific journals (articles about failures, for instance, that, despite being useful, aren't considered 'saleable', or articles about teaching science for the masses), news about scientific expeditions, fun facts for the masses, interviews with the Neath's most proeminent authorities in scientific fields, articles about technology, and only 1% of the editor-in-chief's mad theories and speculations that she can't really teach at the University.

It barely pays for itself, but it has faithful readers in the Neath's academic population and the owner isn't exactly worried with profit.

--
    The Inescapable Professor, London's Most Academic Detective. Open to consultation from Mondays to Fridays, above the Silver Binding bookshop, Veilgarden. Half the payment in advance, half after closing the case. No refunds.

"THIS SATURDAY, in MAHOGANY HALL, delight your eyes with the DARING FEATS of the DAPPER ESCAPIST. Gape at his CHARM and WIT and his CLEVER TRICKS OF ILLUSIONISM. No mirrors used."
    ---------
    Social actions welcomed. Will take menaces if not currently grinding that one stat. Send them and cross your fingers.
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Professor%20Strix
    My alt loiters suspiciously if you want to:
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Derek%20Davis
    +1 link
    th8827
    th8827

4/18/2016
    I am the proud(?) editor of "The Rubbery Enquirer".

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/th8827

Gone NORTH. It's nice here.
    +1 link
    malthaussen
    malthaussen

1/14/2016
    @Samuel: I'm hip, it's obviously a rag dedicated to the great god Mammon.

-- Mal

--
    "Of two choices, I always take the third."
    Will do all socials except Loitering or Private Evenings (all my Free Evenings are accounted for), and Affluent Photographer Betrayals only, please. I am not currently accepting calling cards.
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/malthaussen
    +1 link

1/14/2016
    titusAndronicus wrote:
    My newspaper is named THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN
    It's a terrible newspaper full of propaganda, lurid stories, and straight-up lies.

I wish to lodge a complaint:
    Every time I try to buy an edition, I run away screaming. When I read any words, my hair catches on fire.
    +1 link
    Shadowcthuhlu
    Shadowcthuhlu

1/14/2016
    The Avalon Oracle, which publishes only the most scandalous, truthful, and most outrageous news. Though figuring out which issue is which is the challenge. When asked on the reason for this eccentric publishing scheme, Dirae Erineys responded that they published whatever news they thought their wife wanted to read this morning.
    Goodness knows how they say in business.

--
    https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Dirae%20Erinyes. Closed to calling cards, but open for all other social action. I also love to roleplay.
    +1 link
    Kaigen
    Kaigen

1/19/2016
    The Flit Dispatch, fluttering down from somewhere above your eaves on a regular basis.

--
    Just a simple doctor with a chess habit. Publisher of The Flit Dispatch.

"One must remember that the impossible is, alas, always possible."
    -Jacques Derrida
    +1 link
    Suhe Gul
    Suhe Gul

1/13/2016
    Mine is called Book of Delusions Weekly. Even I don't understand how you can publish a weekly printed book. when I figure out, we will start publishing weekly. For now, it only have one edition.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/suhe%20gul
    I am open to social actions except affluent photographer and loitering.
    Correspondent and willing to make orphanage calls.
    Want a sip of cider? http://community.failbettergames.com/topic20425-want-a-sip-of-hesperidean-cider-heres-how.aspx
    +1 link
    Passionario
    Passionario

12/5/2015
    Eschaton Immanentized

--
    Passionario: Profile, Story, Ending
    Passion: Profile, Appearance
    +1 link
    Hobnail
    Hobnail

12/5/2015
    The Sunless Coast!

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Hobnail
    +1 link
    Kukapetal
    Kukapetal

12/7/2015
    The London Daily Snooze
    +1 link
    Galena
    Galena

1/13/2016
    My newspaper is The Aeolian Crier, since its content is startling, unwelcome in most parlors, and probably tinged with correspondence undertones. A great place to catch up on London's latest conspiracy theories.
    edited by Galena on 1/13/2016

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/zytican
    Biologist, author, and general meddler.
    +1 link
    TheThirdPolice
    TheThirdPolice

1/13/2016
    The Oddigem Correspondence, named years ago as the reversal of the city of Megiddo. At the time I thought this was a good candidate for the First City.

--
    Excessive Corpse & Tender to Irreal Ravens

Lover of Flawed Souls

And with especial pride, Worst Screwup of the Decade!
    +1 link