Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

Surprise Package Delivery Service Messages in this topic - RSS

Shalinoth
Shalinoth

11/27/2015
Thanks! Like you, I also just got my Ubergoat too. I'm not sure what to aim for next.

And the best of luck to you and Navchaa on the gift-giving shenanigans.

--
Profiles: Shally, Chimes & Jack~of~Smiles . . . Current Goal:
0 link
navchaa
navchaa

11/27/2015
The RNG gods are smiling upon me, but Madman appears to be currently across the water and I can't reach him.

*shouts into the distance* - Come back Madman! A gift awaits!

--
Paramount Presence (London's Marrow 2, London's Nerves 2, London’s Sinew 3, London’s Blood 3) and mercenary Notary

Married to Myrto :: Exchanging Surprise Packages with anyone interested :: Exchanging cat boxes with Kitty Rambunctious

http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/navchaa
+3 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

11/28/2015
Seeing as my previous arrangement expired with the release of Flint part II and that I just drew Give a Gift, would anyone be interested in exchanging packages through December?

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi!

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
MadmanAtW
MadmanAtW

11/28/2015
navchaa wrote:
The RNG gods are smiling upon me, but Madman appears to be currently across the water and I can't reach him.

Received and reciprocated with thanks! I was indeed on the Elder Continent for a time. I hope to go back, but I will wait some little while- I won't want to miss the opportunities to draw a certain card! smile

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Madman~Across~the~Water
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Xoricco
Accepting any social actions except the Affluent Photographer. Would appreciate warning of dupings/betrayals/rats.
0 link
FireScyther
FireScyther

11/28/2015
  • Dear "Whatever you may be" Optimatum
  • I would not mind sharing a few surprise packages over the month of December. This is assuming you have not found a replacement partner yet. Nonetheless, I will still send my current gift over as a sign of good faith. May it contain all you ever hoped, but odds are it will not (but that is the nature of the risky game we play).

• Sincerely, FireScyther
  • Package 1: Contained the corpses of rats, oddly stuffed with diamonds
    Package 2: 196 Stolen Correspondence and 1 Touching Love Story
    Package 3: 1 Broken Giant, 2 Strangling Willow, 2 Greyfields 1879
    Package 4: 3 Collated Research
    Package 5: Muscaria Brandy
    Package 6: 6 (Totally Legal) Street Signs and 1 Proscribed Material (which this and any future ones will be returned to a certain master)
    Package 7: 3 (Totally Legal) Street Signs and 1 Proscribed Material
    Package 8: Muscaria Brandy
    Package 9: Muscaria Brandy
    Package 10: Muscaria Brandy (I know I spend too much time with the devils for someone who still has a soul, but do they have to be so blunt about it)
    Package 11: 5 Collated Research
    Package 12: 759 Cryptic Clues

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/FireScyther

edited by FireScyther on 11/29/2015
    edited by FireScyther on 12/16/2015
    edited by FireScyther on 12/17/2015
    edited by FireScyther on 12/21/2015

• edited by FireScyther on 1/2/2016

--
    FireScyther
  • 0 link
    navchaa
    navchaa

11/28/2015
    My thanks, Madman!

Package 1: 8 Compromising Documents
    Package 2: 5 Venge rat corpses and 2 ostentatious diamonds
    Package 3: 5 Venge rat corpses and 8 ostentatious diamonds (woohoo! - actual happiness, not sarcasm, in case anyone is wondering)
    Package 4: 1 Compromising Document
    Package 5: 4 Compromising Documents
    Package 6: 7 Compromising Documents (what's with the CDs? It's not like I run a tabloid or anything - this is a clear sign to head to Doubt Street!)
    Package 7: 10 Venge rat corpses and 10 ostentatious diamonds (best haul yet!)
    Package 8: 2 volumes of collated research
    Package 9: 1 bottle of muscaria brandy
    Package 10: 1 Broke Giant 1844 2 Strangling Willow Absinthe 2 Greyfields 1879
    Package 11: 15 Dubious Testimony
    Package 12: 3 Compromising Documents
    Package 13: 196 Stolen Correspondence and 1 Touching Love Story
    Package 14: 7 Compromising Documents
    Package 15: 18 Correspondence Plaques and 1CP of SoTC (yay!)
    Package 16: Lost to the Masters because of fat fingers (boo!)
    Package 17: 10 Venge rat corpses and 3 ostentatious diamonds
    Package 18: 1 London street sign, 1 proscribed material
    Package 19: 5 Compromising Documents
    Package 20: 136 lamplighter beeswax
    Package 21: 2 London street sign, 1 proscribed material
    Package 22: 2 London street sign, 1 proscribed material
    Package 23: 1 bottle broken giant 1844, 2 strangling willow absinthe, 2 greyfields 1879
    Package 24: 4 collate research
    Package 25: 5 London street sign, 1 proscribed material
    Package 26: 749 cryptic clues (wow!)
    Package 27: 6 Compromising documents
    Sent: 30

MadmanAtW wrote:
    navchaa wrote:

Received and reciprocated with thanks! I was indeed on the Elder Continent for a time. I hope to go back, but I will wait some little while- I won't want to miss the opportunities to draw a certain card! smile

edited by navchaa on 11/29/2015
    edited by navchaa on 12/2/2015
    edited by navchaa on 12/4/2015
    edited by navchaa on 12/11/2015
    edited by navchaa on 12/14/2015
    edited by navchaa on 12/15/2015
    edited by navchaa on 12/16/2015
    edited by navchaa on 12/18/2015
    edited by navchaa on 12/18/2015
    edited by navchaa on 12/19/2015
    edited by navchaa on 12/20/2015
    edited by navchaa on 12/21/2015
    edited by navchaa on 12/22/2015
    edited by navchaa on 12/23/2015
    edited by navchaa on 12/24/2015
    edited by navchaa on 12/25/2015
    edited by navchaa on 12/26/2015
    edited by navchaa on 12/30/2015
    edited by navchaa on 12/31/2015
    edited by navchaa on 1/2/2016

--
    Paramount Presence (London's Marrow 2, London's Nerves 2, London’s Sinew 3, London’s Blood 3) and mercenary Notary

Married to Myrto :: Exchanging Surprise Packages with anyone interested :: Exchanging cat boxes with Kitty Rambunctious

0 link
    Cimanyd
    Cimanyd

11/29/2015
    Shalinoth wrote:
    Slightly off-topic, but good news perhaps? I just received a surprise package from someone as their way of saying thanks for my menacing Hallowmas help.. and it contained a Blemmigan Secretary! Jackpot for my Jack!

So yes, the regular gift boxes can give you an Oddities value of 1008.

Worth noting, it lets you decide whether you want "Something bloodstained..." or "Something... Purple?". Obviously, take the purple!

I just got one from suhe gul! The "Something... purple?" option is locked if you already have a Blemmigan Secretary, meaning you can only ever get one, and that must be why you have another option to choose from. If you get the necessary number again, you'll just get the normal "Something bloodstained" option, and unless they didn't hide the purple option when you already have it, you'd never know. (unless you check the exact number on your mantelpiece)

--
    Cimanyd, the Northbound Correspondent
    "There are some things we were not meant to know, they say. But you wouldn't be down here if you took that seriously."
    0 link
    Suhe Gul
    Suhe Gul

11/29/2015
    I was too lucky today as I wrote in celebrating good fortune thread, I decided to open my boxes. I was hoping for a secretary, a soul or a cat but I think my luck run out. Results were good but not awesome. I put two results from the packages from cimanyd. I can put my whole spread shit if anyone is curious, it is currently 20 something results.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/suhe%20gul
    I am open to social actions except affluent photographer and loitering.
    Correspondent and willing to make orphanage calls.
    Want a sip of cider? http://community.failbettergames.com/topic20425-want-a-sip-of-hesperidean-cider-heres-how.aspx
    0 link
    Danko
    Danko

11/30/2015
    Hello there!
    After being saddened by skipping so much Gift cards I would now like to enter in a long-term gift-trading agreement with someone.

Here are the (most cynically pragmatic) terms I propose:
    1) Every time the side draws The Gift card, it will send another side an unexpected gift package for 10 Echoes.
    2) The purpose of the agreement is to trade as much gifts as possible while maintaining 1:1 gift ratio.
    3) The agreement lasts until 01.01.2016 and can be prolonged after this date if both sides are satisfied with eachother.
    4) Each side shall keep a count of gifts sent and received. If by the end of the agreement one side has sent more gifts than the other, the other side must send the remaining gifts during the next month until the sides are even.
    5) The sides kindly confirm that they posess and are willing to spend enough echoes to send as much gifts as possible, and are willing to communicate via forum private messages or email.

So, if anyone is interested and considers those terms appropriate, please drop me a message or respond below?
    Needless to say, one must be a POSI with enough echoes to spend to send every possible gift.
    I have a gift card right now that I'll send immediately to cement our agreement.
    edited by Danko on 11/30/2015
    edited by Danko on 11/30/2015

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Danko
    0 link
    Ysrthgrathe
    Ysrthgrathe

11/30/2015
    Should we give it a try, Danko?

--
    https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Ysrthgrathe
    +1 link
    Danko
    Danko

11/30/2015
    Ysrthgrathe wrote:
    Should we give it a try, Danko?

We definitely should! I'll send you a gift right now.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Danko
    0 link
    MadmanAtW
    MadmanAtW

1/1/2016
    New Exceptional Story is out, and one window closes and another opens. I want to thank navchaa, and say that the gift exchange was actually some of the most fun I've had in Fallen London. It helps that navchaa is a witty and entertaining exchange partner. I recommend this to anyone who wants to spice up their Fallen London time. smile

--
    Accepting any social actions except the Affluent Photographer. Would appreciate warning of dupings/betrayals/rats.
    +1 link

1/2/2016
    navchaa wrote:
    the truthseeker - I'm intending to do the same for the five card lodging. Would you like to come to an agreement with me after Sackmas?

the truthseeker wrote:
  • I have decided that come Sackmass, my main (the truthseeker) will sell off his soul and acquire the remaining 5-card Lodgings. it will be necessary for me to gain my soul back and likely (he's post University) will need Surprise Packages sent then to see if he can get it back. Is there some way to set this up with people for later? (As I do not need this right now until Sackmas starts and my "What Profit" card is drawn and used since I'm keeping my soul for CtD ATM.)

• Ack, sorry I missed this reply! I'll take care of that soul-selling business and yes, we can come to an arrangement now should you so wish, the new ES being out and all. I'll proactively set up a gifts received and packages sent box here and expect you'll do the same on your reply should you accept. (If you deny I'll just edit this section out.) I just picked 25 as a nice base 5 rounded number; no need to send that many gifts and we'll do whatever the RNG gives us. If you get this in time, we can do this from the first of the month until the first of February if you so wish, or the next ES instead, or any other arrangement you wish.

[spoiler]Gifts received:

• Something Warming (You've gained 1 x Bottle of Broken Giant, 2 x Bottle of Strangling Willow Absinthe, 2 x Bottle of Greyfields 1879)
    • Something Forbidden (You now have 2 x London Street Sign , You've gained 1 x Proscribed Material)
    • Something Perilous (You've gained 18 x Correspondence Plaque, SotC at 10+)
    • Something forbidden (You now have 2 x London Street Sign , You've gained 1 x Proscribed Material, Edit: Well, at least it pays for half the return package)
    • Something dark (You've gained 127 x Lump of Lamplighter Beeswax)
    • Something troublesome (You've gained 4 x Compromising Document)
    • Something contradictory (You've gained 8 x Venge-Rat Corpses, You've gained 5 x Ostentatious Diamonds. Wow, a nice one! )
    • Something contradictory (You've gained 2 x Venge-Rat Corpses, You've gained 3 x Ostentatious Diamonds.)
    • Something troublesome (You've gained 6 x Compromising Documents.)
    • Something Forbidden (You now have 1 x London Street Sign, You've gained 1 x Proscribed Material Edit: Bleah!)
    • Something perilous (You've gained 18 x Correspondence)
    • Something forbidden (You now have 4 x London Street Sign, You've gained 1 x Proscribed Material)
    • Something perilous (You've gained 18 x Correspondence Plaque)
    • Something forbidden (You've gained 1 x London Street Sign, You've gained 1 x Proscribed Material)

• Packages Sent:

• Package sent on January 1st 11:27 PM PST January 2nd 2:27 AM EST
    • Package sent on January 3rd 6:23 PM PST 9:23 PM EST
    • Package sent on January 4th 5:15 PM PST 8:15 PM EST
    • Package sent on January 11 2:06 PM PST 5:06 PM EST
    • Package sent on January 11 1:58 PM PST 4:58 EST
    • Package sent on January 14 5:03 PST 8:03 EST
    • Package sent on January 15 2:27 AM PST 5:27 AM EST
    • Package sent on January 16th 9:47 PM 1January 17th 2:47 AM
    • Package sent on January 18th 3:11 AM PST/ 6:11 EST
    • Package sent on January 19 4:28 PST 7:28 EST
    • Package sent on January 21 2:22 PM PST/5:22 EST
    • Package sent on January 22 6"05 PST/9:05 EST
    • Package sent on January 29th 1:08 PM PST/4:08 EST
    • Package sent on
    • Package sent on
    • Package sent on
    • Package sent on
    • Package sent on
    • Package sent on
    • Package sent on
    • Package sent on
    • Package sent on
    • Package sent on
    • Package sent on
    • Package sent on
    [/spoiler]

• edited by the truthseeker on 1/2/2016

• edited by the truthseeker on 1/2/2016

• edited by the truthseeker on 1/4/2016

• edited by the truthseeker on 1/5/2016

• edited by the truthseeker on 1/5/2016

• edited by the truthseeker on 1/6/2016

• edited by the truthseeker on 1/9/2016

• edited by the truthseeker on 1/12/2016

• edited by the truthseeker on 1/15/2016

• edited by the truthseeker on 1/15/2016

• edited by the truthseeker on 1/16/2016

• edited by the truthseeker on 1/17/2016

• edited by the truthseeker on 1/18/2016

• edited by the truthseeker on 1/18/2016

• edited by the truthseeker on 1/19/2016

• edited by the truthseeker on 1/21/2016

• edited by the truthseeker on 1/22/2016

• edited by the truthseeker on 1/23/2016

• edited by the truthseeker on 1/29/2016
  • 0 link
    navchaa
    navchaa

1/2/2016
    Ah, my thanks to you too, Madman. It was great fun exchanging gifts with you. I do feel a little sad - a bit like that melancholic feeling when Christmas is over for a child - and it is now! Don't worry about evening things out, I'm quite happy with how things turned out as it is.

MadmanAtW wrote:
    New Exceptional Story is out, and one window closes and another opens. I want to thank navchaa, and say that the gift exchange was actually some of the most fun I've had in Fallen London. It helps that navchaa is a witty and entertaining exchange partner. I recommend this to anyone who wants to spice up their Fallen London time. smile

--

0 link
    navchaa
    navchaa

1/2/2016
    Yes, I'm quite happy to do the exchange. Any arrangement is fine - I wouldn't mind doing it for longer. My main aim is to get my soul back, and perhaps for a Blemmigan Secretary. Both are rather remote possibilities, but one can always hope that the RNG shows mercy. Let's do it till February and see how things go then?

the truthseeker wrote:
    navchaa wrote:
    the truthseeker - I'm intending to do the same for the five card lodging. Would you like to come to an agreement with me after Sackmas?

the truthseeker wrote:
  • I have decided that come Sackmass, my main (the truthseeker) will sell off his soul and acquire the remaining 5-card Lodgings. it will be necessary for me to gain my soul back and likely (he's post University) will need Surprise Packages sent then to see if he can get it back. Is there some way to set this up with people for later? (As I do not need this right now until Sackmas starts and my "What Profit" card is drawn and used since I'm keeping my soul for CtD ATM.)

• Ack, sorry I missed this reply! I'll take care of that soul-selling business and yes, we can come to an arrangement now should you so wish, the new ES being out and all. I'll proactively set up a gifts received and packages sent box here and expect you'll do the same on your reply should you accept. (If you deny I'll just edit this section out.) I just picked 25 as a nice base 5 rounded number; no need to send that many gifts and we'll do whatever the RNG gives us. If you get this in time, we can do this from the first of the month until the first of February if you so wish, or the next ES instead, or any other arrangement you wish.

[spoiler]Gifts received:

• Package 1: 1 Broken Giant 1844, 2 SWA, 2 Greyfields 1879
    • Package 2: 2 London street sign, 1 proscribed material
    • Package 3: Blemmigan secretary
    • Package 4: 4 London street sign, 1 proscribed material (great value for money!)
    • Package 5: 5 London street sign, 1 proscribed material (what, do I look like I get lost all the time? seriously now!)
    • Package 6: 5 Compromising documents
    • Package 7: 1 Muscaria brandy
    • Package 8:18 Correspondence Plaques
    • Package 9: 4 Venge rat corpses and 6 ostentatious diamonds
    • Package 10: 28 Primordial shrieks (pfft - this is probably the FL version of a Hogwarts howler??)
    • Package 11: 5 London street sign, 1 proscribed material
    • Package 12:11 surface silk scraps

• Packages Sent: total 11
    • 10 from main, 1 from alt

[/spoiler]

edited by navchaa on 1/4/2016
    edited by navchaa on 1/6/2016
    edited by navchaa on 1/8/2016
    edited by navchaa on 1/11/2016
    edited by navchaa on 1/12/2016
    edited by navchaa on 1/14/2016
    edited by navchaa on 1/17/2016
    edited by navchaa on 1/19/2016
    edited by navchaa on 1/22/2016

--

0 link

1/2/2016
    navchaa wrote:
    Yes, I'm quite happy to do the exchange. Any arrangement is fine - I wouldn't mind doing it for longer. My main aim is to get my soul back, and perhaps for a Blemmigan. Both are rather remote possibilities, but one can always hope that the RNG shows mercy. Let's do it till February and see how things go then?

the truthseeker wrote:
    navchaa wrote:

the truthseeker wrote:

Jolly good then! I too am also looking to collect a "purple mushroom" and I happened to draw a Gift Card so I'll start the Exchange and the rest we can note on our received reply section or PM as applicable. Edit: I'm keeping record on the prior post of mine above. I removed the spoiler on this quoted reply to avoid confusion.
    edited by the truthseeker on 1/4/2016
    0 link
    MadmanAtW
    MadmanAtW

1/2/2016
    If anyone else is interested in this, I am once again available!

--
    0 link
    Hark DeGaul
    Hark DeGaul

1/3/2016
    I'd love to join in a package exchange if anyone is interested. Seems like a fun use of Echoes!

--
    The Dawn-Eyed Optician: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Hark%20DeGaul

That Vicar Who Ruined the Royal Wedding for Everyone (including himself): http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Hebediah%20Fix

The Dreaded Relative: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Your%20Aunt
    0 link
    navchaa
    navchaa

1/5/2016
    This is too exciting to simply include in an edit to my previous post.

I HAVE A BLEMMIGAN SECRETARY!! THANK YOU TRUTHSEEKER! *dances about with great glee*

And... I am so sorry that the RNG isn't smiling upon me. Perversely enough, it decided to pour out the luck into my package instead. Now to get my soul back.

Truthseeker - I will definitely return your packages, but if you feel like you'll have better luck elsewhere (since I seem to have drained it this round), I certainly won't mind.

[spoiler]Gifts received:

• Package 3: BLEMMIGAN SECRETARY (can you tell how excited I am?)

• Packages Sent: 1

[/spoiler]

--

0 link

1/5/2016
    navchaa wrote:
    This is too exciting to simply include in an edit to my previous post.

I HAVE A BLEMMIGAN SECRETARY!! THANK YOU TRUTHSEEKER! *dances about with great glee*

And... I am so sorry that the RNG isn't smiling upon me. Perversely enough, it decided to pour out the luck into my package instead. Now to get my soul back.

Truthseeker - I will definitely return your packages, but if you feel like you'll have better luck elsewhere (since I seem to have drained it this round), I certainly won't mind.

[spoiler]Gifts received:

• Package 3: BLEMMIGAN SECRETARY (can you tell how excited I am?)

• Packages Sent: 1

[/spoiler]

I am very happy for your Mycological Manifestation!
    As noted in the PM, I'll hold off sending and wait for you to be ready Post-Flint (and enjoy the amazing story!) We'll talk then. No matter what, I know you'll at least send to me the two gifts ahead sent to you when you can. I'd be the exact same way if I got a secretary and no gift card.

• 0 link
    1234 ..8