Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

CHRISTMAS IN THE NEATH: A GUIDE Messages in this topic - RSS

Vopel
Vopel

12/1/2015
Shalinoth wrote:
Optimatum wrote:
It would take an extraordinary number of Night-Whispers and Storm Threnodies to get enough snow even if you lucked out and drew the Urchins card enough.

I prepared for Sackmas by creating 11 Night Whispers and 77 Storm Threnodies.. will it mean I probably won't need to spend Tears on sustaining a Noman to the Feast?

It depends on how many weeks your Noman needs to survive. If it's 3 weeks and you spend all the ToL from 11 Pails on helping Noman (need to draw his card 6 times) then you have 199 initial Noman's Friend and 99.6% chance of survival! However, if it needs to survive 4 weeks, the chance is only 64.6%.
edited by Vopel on 12/1/2015

--
Vopel - myself
Ergs - adopted child
Greysil - adopted brother
+2 link
Shalinoth
Shalinoth

12/1/2015
Thanks for the stats!
Two of us will aim for the long haul, whilst one only needs to enjoy the Noman's story short-term.

I haven't actually read the benefits of a Noman other than the tattoo if it survives. I think it's one of only two ways to get an Elemental Secret? Hallowmas Edition being the other.

--
Profiles: Shally, Chimes & Jack~of~Smiles . . . Current Goal:
0 link
Vopel
Vopel

12/1/2015
I will try to get all the Neathmas has to offer: three 5-card logings, a remote address, ES from Noman, long-box and Noman tattoo. According to my calculations, I can get all of this if I draw enough cards.
Btw, I have calculated some other probabilities: chance of survival vs. initial friends, chance to get a certain amount ToL vs. number of tears. I can post them here or you can PM me.
edited by Vopel on 12/1/2015

--
Vopel - myself
Ergs - adopted child
Greysil - adopted brother
0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

12/1/2015
I've edited the new Advent Calendar mechanic into the OP.

Sorry for leaving this thread alone for a while, let's just say RL kept me very busy these past few weeks. Heaps of praise to all those who've been answering players' questions here! smile

--
Rupho Schartenhauer has killed a Master, well: most of it.
Cortez the Killer has killed a Master, definitely.
Deepdelver has begotten a star. It's... complicated.
Dr. Kvirkvelia, gone NORTH on 23/12/1894.
+2 link
Parelle
Parelle

12/1/2015
As a note, from emailing support, the Advent calendar is confirmed not to work in Safari for iOS.

--
Parelle, Lady Joseph Marlen. The Singular Librarian. A Midnighter, a Player of the Marvelous.
pages from a dusty bookshop: a badly updated FL changelog | Useful Guidance and Explanations
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

12/1/2015
Shalinoth wrote:
Thanks for the stats!
Two of us will aim for the long haul, whilst one only needs to enjoy the Noman's story short-term.

I haven't actually read the benefits of a Noman other than the tattoo if it survives. I think it's one of only two ways to get an Elemental Secret? Hallowmas Edition being the other.

Aside from fate methods like expeditions, I believe those are the only two options.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi!

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+1 link
phryne
phryne

12/1/2015
I would like to know whether there's a cap on Second Chance items from Christmas Cards?

--
One with all the Time in the Neath, a successful Huntress, an honorary Cat, a Murderer-turned-Doctor, the last Priest of the Red Bird and a rising Composer.

Exceptional Stories, sorted by season and by writer
0 link
malthaussen
malthaussen

12/1/2015
No cap known. I'm sitting on 21 Shadowy SCs right now.

-- Mal

--
"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Will do all socials except Loitering or Private Evenings (all my Free Evenings are accounted for), and Affluent Photographer Betrayals only, please. I am not currently accepting calling cards.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/malthaussen
0 link
yubsie
yubsie

12/1/2015
Shalinoth wrote:
Thanks for the stats!

As far as I know, the main benefit other than the tattoo is bragging rights. Precious, precious bragging rights.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Margaret
+1 link
Kaigen
Kaigen

12/1/2015
I received a card earlier that put me at 28 Warning Notes, so if there's a cap on second chances from cards, it's a generous one.

--
Just a simple doctor with a chess habit. Publisher of The Flit Dispatch.

"One must remember that the impossible is, alas, always possible."
-Jacques Derrida
0 link
malthaussen
malthaussen

12/1/2015
No snow today. TtH just brought the cards.

-- Mal

--
"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Will do all socials except Loitering or Private Evenings (all my Free Evenings are accounted for), and Affluent Photographer Betrayals only, please. I am not currently accepting calling cards.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/malthaussen
+2 link
Sir Joseph Marlen
Sir Joseph Marlen

12/1/2015
Wonder if they've removed the SNOWBOUND! mechanic, or perhaps they're saving them for specific dates to release to everyone equally. That way no one gets more or less than they're meant to due to TtH coming to people at different times.
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 12/1/2015

--
Sir Joseph Marlen - The Romantic Sophist
Alexus Harven - The Defiant Fatalist
Rose Reinhelm - The Respectful Revolutionary
Cappuccino - The Perfidious Spycraft

Available for any and all social actions.
0 link
Grenem
Grenem

12/1/2015
Sir Joseph Marlen wrote:
Wonder if they've removed the SNOWBOUND! mechanic, or perhaps they're saving them for specific dates to release to everyone equally. That way no one gets more or less than they're meant to due to TtH coming to people at different times.

Really hope there's some source of ToL this season, and the same quantity as before. Significant changes are going to cause trouble for my plans.

--
Married!:http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/takuza
I will accept all social actions that do not consume free evenings- and i will provide patronage to anyone who requests it, though it will be split between all requesters.
On psudeo-hiatus. Will be inactive and active and fluctuate without warning.
Grinding Favors without cards: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic22266-storylet-favors-grinding.aspx
+3 link
phryne
phryne

12/1/2015
Time the Healer brought cards but no snow. Either it's a bug that will be fixed tomorrow, or they've revamped the Neathy winter completely for this year...

--
One with all the Time in the Neath, a successful Huntress, an honorary Cat, a Murderer-turned-Doctor, the last Priest of the Red Bird and a rising Composer.

Exceptional Stories, sorted by season and by writer
+2 link
Sir Joseph Marlen
Sir Joseph Marlen

12/1/2015
Grenem wrote:
Sir Joseph Marlen wrote:

Really hope there's some source of ToL this season, and the same quantity as before. Significant changes are going to cause trouble for my plans.

You and me both, friend. I was really planning on those extra pails of lacre to get me to my goal, and this throws a wrench into the entire thing if it's gone.

--
Sir Joseph Marlen - The Romantic Sophist
Alexus Harven - The Defiant Fatalist
Rose Reinhelm - The Respectful Revolutionary
Cappuccino - The Perfidious Spycraft

Available for any and all social actions.
+2 link
Shalinoth
Shalinoth

12/2/2015
I would be happy with a fixed set of pail release dates rather than the whims of Time. As it stands now though, only time will tell.

--
Profiles: Shally, Chimes & Jack~of~Smiles . . . Current Goal:
+3 link
NiteBrite
NiteBrite

12/2/2015
If you assume FBG only wants to distribute 4 pails total, which is fairly typical, then snow should start falling on Friday. If it started earlier, then people with Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon would have extras unless it extends into January.

--
I AM currently accepting calling cards.
Stats loss counter: reset, irrigo equivalent: none
[00:34] <@ortab> NiteBrite's laugh is that of a condemned soul gazing into the abyss.
Merciless Modiste avatar by Paul Arendt (based on an original image by Joe England)
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/TheBriteModiste
+3 link
Travers
Travers

12/3/2015
Aardent Lore wrote:
If we do not send out our first set of cards by the time TtH comes around, do we lose them?
When TtH comes, your card count will be set to 7. So, you will effectively lose the opportunity to send the cards that you had left.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Professor~Travers~Durward
0 link
Suhe Gul
Suhe Gul

12/3/2015
I have a few questions. I read all of this thread before and don't remember seeing the answers but in case I missed or forgot, my apologies.
First, is it worth to change profession to notary or doctor. I have already quiet my top tier profession for other reasons. I am author now.
Second, is there a list of everything we can get in christmas event? I want all of them. I am trying to make the loss of last year. I was fully offline during the event because of some stupid obligations.
the things I know I can get at christmas are 3 remote adresses, all 5 card lodgings, Noman, acquintance: silas and De gustibus exchanges. Is there anything else.
Lastly, should I exchange MB for copper box in de gustibus. I will be getting the lodging from wicket so I don't have a use for it. Is the exchange worth anything, from what I can tell, their sell price is same.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/suhe%20gul
I am open to social actions except affluent photographer and loitering.
Correspondent and willing to make orphanage calls.
Want a sip of cider? http://community.failbettergames.com/topic20425-want-a-sip-of-hesperidean-cider-heres-how.aspx
+1 link
Kaigen
Kaigen

12/3/2015
I wouldn't change profession just for this event unless you're really desperate for one more point of ToL.

In addition to the stuff you listed, you can get a Dark-Carapaced Crustacean by feeding pails of lacre to a Malevolent Monkey (or a Talkative Rattus Faber at longer odds).

The MB exchange is just a way to get a rare item not available by other means. You are correct that there is no profit in making the exchange.

--
Just a simple doctor with a chess habit. Publisher of The Flit Dispatch.

"One must remember that the impossible is, alas, always possible."
-Jacques Derrida
0 link