Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

CHRISTMAS IN THE NEATH: A GUIDE Messages in this topic - RSS

Gonen
Gonen
Posts: 818

12/12/2016
Please remind me, is there a way to get rid of 1 ToL before the arrival of '12 days of Mr. Sacks'?
I have 6 ToL and wish to go down to 5, so I can +3 with the monocle.

--
The Ashen Anesthesiologist - Paramount Londoner

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

The long journey to eccentricity:
On March 10th, 2018, reached 15 on all quirks, simultaneously. The Quirky Anesthesiologist
0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer
Posts: 793

12/12/2016
I don't think so. Just stack your pails and don't do anything with them until the wicket opens, then Take the Air.

--
Rupho Schartenhauer has killed a Master, well: most of it.
Cortez the Killer has killed a Master, definitely.
Deepdelver has begotten a star. It's... complicated.
Dr. Kvirkvelia, gone NORTH on 23/12/1894.
0 link
suinicide
suinicide
Posts: 2458

12/12/2016
Gonen wrote:
Please remind me, is there a way to get rid of 1 ToL before the arrival of '12 days of Mr. Sacks'?
I have 6 ToL and wish to go down to 5, so I can +3 with the monocle.


I think theres an option in the nadir, but I don't know how much it takes.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer
Posts: 793

12/12/2016
suinicide wrote:
Gonen wrote:
Please remind me, is there a way to get rid of 1 ToL before the arrival of '12 days of Mr. Sacks'?
I have 6 ToL and wish to go down to 5, so I can +3 with the monocle.


I think theres an option in the nadir, but I don't know how much it takes.

7

--
Rupho Schartenhauer has killed a Master, well: most of it.
Cortez the Killer has killed a Master, definitely.
Deepdelver has begotten a star. It's... complicated.
Dr. Kvirkvelia, gone NORTH on 23/12/1894.
0 link
Gonen
Gonen
Posts: 818

12/12/2016
Rupho Schartenhauer wrote:
I don't think so. Just stack your pails and don't do anything with them until the wicket opens, then Take the Air.



By then I'll have 6 ToL + 4 or 5 from the '12 days'.
Since I'm just going for the Noman Tattoo, this will be a waste of those 2 ToL gained from the -1 and +3 monocle I've described...

--
The Ashen Anesthesiologist - Paramount Londoner

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

The long journey to eccentricity:
On March 10th, 2018, reached 15 on all quirks, simultaneously. The Quirky Anesthesiologist
0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer
Posts: 793

12/12/2016
The Masters' Gifts from the Incarnadine Robe:

[FATE-LOCKED SPOILERS!]
[spoiler]All of these items are Home Comforts, except where noted.

Apples: Mostly Stuffed Bound-Shark (Dangerous +3, Dreaded +1)
Chimes: A Replica of the House of Chimes, Awash with Snow (Persuasive +3, Respectable +1)
Cups: Khan's Tea-Set (Shadowy +3, Respectable +1)
Fires: Probably a Coincidence (Persuasive +3, Dreaded +1)
Hearts: Semi-Autonomous Scrutinising Machine (Watchful +3, Respectable +1)
Iron: Terrifying Weathercock (Dangerous +6)
Mirrors: Brass-Framed Dark Mirror (Shadowy +3, Dreaded +1)
Pages: White Glim Telescope (Watchful +6)
Sacks: You're Not Quite Sure What (Watchful +3, Bizarre +1)
Spices: Luxury's Lap (Dangerous +3, Bizarre +1)
Stones: Ray-Drenched Correspondence Paperweight (Persuasive +3, Bizarre +1)
Veils: Thoroughly Cowed Pony (Transport; Shadowy +6)
Wines: Extraordinary Drinks Cabinet (Persuasive +6)
Eaten: A Complete Set of Preserved Internal Organs (Dangerous -15, Persuasive -15, Shadowy -15, Watchful -15, Unaccountably Peckish +1)


Note that the following gifts are only available AFTER you've gotten the respective Master's first gift - meaning they're double-Fate-locked!

Apples: Amaranthine Coil, Sealed in a Jar (Watchful +3, Dreaded +1)
Iron: The Iron Correspondents (Affiliation; Dangerous +1, Bizarre +1, Dreaded +1, A Member of the Pen-Bearers +1)
Pages: A Maudlin Gift from the Heavens (Shadowy +3, Bizarre +1)
Spices: Weasel-Infested Velocipede (Transport; Watchful +5, Bizarre +2)
Stones: Winking Gemstone Ring (Gloves; Dangerous +6, Watchful +4, Shapeling Arts +1)
Wines: Beggar's Crown (Dangerous +3, Respectable +1)
[/spoiler]
Edit
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 12/24/2020

--
Rupho Schartenhauer has killed a Master, well: most of it.
Cortez the Killer has killed a Master, definitely.
Deepdelver has begotten a star. It's... complicated.
Dr. Kvirkvelia, gone NORTH on 23/12/1894.
+10 link
Optimatum
Optimatum
Posts: 3765

12/13/2016
Anyone know if there's anything new available from opening Mr Sacks's sack?

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi!

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
suinicide
suinicide
Posts: 2458

12/13/2016
Optimatum wrote:
Anyone know if there's anything new available from opening Mr Sacks's sack?


There doesn't seem to be, but who knows, it might just be a new high/rare value.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
0 link
Scienceandponies
Scienceandponies
Posts: 272

12/13/2016
This is my second Sackmas. Last time I successfully managed to get all the lodgings. This time I'm aiming for the Noman (have been stockpiling a decent stash of night whispers and storm threnodies). I was also thinking of going with the University investigation Mr. Sacks this time around (helped out the Duchess last time). Does anybody know if the University choices on the Sackmas cards awards any Taste of Lacre? I know that to pick them you'd have to forego other options on the card that would award a point.

A missed point means another pail to feed to a boar to get to 15 to buy a Noman, which means one less pail to preserve it.
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman
Posts: 2251

12/13/2016
Scienceandponies wrote:
This is my second Sackmas. Last time I successfully managed to get all the lodgings. This time I'm aiming for the Noman (have been stockpiling a decent stash of night whispers and storm threnodies). I was also thinking of going with the University investigation Mr. Sacks this time around (helped out the Duchess last time). Does anybody know if the University choices on the Sackmas cards awards any Taste of Lacre? I know that to pick them you'd have to forego other options on the card that would award a point.

A missed point means another pail to feed to a boar to get to 15 to buy a Noman, which means one less pail to preserve it.


The 8 Fate ones don't really give extra ToL as there's a free option on the card in those days. Here's a lovely link where you can read more!

And here are the material rewards for all:

[spoiler]Urchins; Starstone Demark
University; Dreadful Surmise
Revolutionaries; Ray Drenched Cinder
Duchess; Cantigaster Venom
Docks: Dreadful Surmise
Widow; Elemental Secret[/spoiler]

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link
Scienceandponies
Scienceandponies
Posts: 272

12/13/2016
Skinnyman wrote:
Scienceandponies wrote:
This is my second Sackmas. Last time I successfully managed to get all the lodgings. This time I'm aiming for the Noman (have been stockpiling a decent stash of night whispers and storm threnodies). I was also thinking of going with the University investigation Mr. Sacks this time around (helped out the Duchess last time). Does anybody know if the University choices on the Sackmas cards awards any Taste of Lacre? I know that to pick them you'd have to forego other options on the card that would award a point.

A missed point means another pail to feed to a boar to get to 15 to buy a Noman, which means one less pail to preserve it.


The 8 Fate ones don't really give extra ToL as there's a free option on the card in those days. Here's a lovely link where you can read more!

And here are the material rewards for all:

[spoiler]Urchins; Starstone Demark
University; Dreadful Surmise
Revolutionaries; Ray Drenched Cinder
Duchess; Cantigaster Venom
Docks: Dreadful Surmise
Widow; Elemental Secret[/spoiler]


Thanks for the link. I knew I'd seen that list somewhere before, but couldn't remember where it was located. I don't really need any of those rewards, I just want the associated story. It seems I'm in a bit of a quandry though. I would very much like to see the University path but I do also want to maximize lacre for a shot at the noman. Then there's the fact that I have a shiny new personal enhancement and I want to see what it does, but that unfortunately shares a card with a University choice on Day 9. Something is going to have to wait a year. I just wish I knew if the University option on Day 9 provided any lacre at all. If so, I'd probably go for it. I certainly don't want to leave an investigation unfinished.
0 link
Scienceandponies
Scienceandponies
Posts: 272

12/14/2016
The more I look into it, the more it seems following the University investigation is the absolute worst option as far as attempting to maximize lacre. It has actions on Day 5, 9, and 12, ALL of which have alternative actions to gain either points of lacre or pails. A much as my character loves the university (still waiting for that closest to option to come around), That's a bit too much of a sacrifice. Maybe I'll consider the Widow.

On an additional note, is there any functional difference between the "Keep your plans to yourself" and "Stick with what you know" options on Day 4.

The former seems to set your "investigating The Twelve Days of Mr Sacks with" quality to "Your own self, and no other", while the latter doesn't give a value at all, but there don't seem to be any options relating to that value.
0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer
Posts: 793

12/14/2016
Scienceandponies wrote:
On an additional note, is there any functional difference between the "Keep your plans to yourself" and "Stick with what you know" options on Day 4.

The former seems to set your "investigating The Twelve Days of Mr Sacks with" quality to "Your own self, and no other", while the latter doesn't give a value at all, but there don't seem to be any options relating to that value.
If I'm not mistaken, the latter is for players who chose to investigate with a faction last year, but for whatever reason didn't finish the story - choosing this will let them continue without paying further Fate.

--
Rupho Schartenhauer has killed a Master, well: most of it.
Cortez the Killer has killed a Master, definitely.
Deepdelver has begotten a star. It's... complicated.
Dr. Kvirkvelia, gone NORTH on 23/12/1894.
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan
Posts: 1823

12/15/2016
A question: this Sackmass, which is my first, I intend to get one five card lodging, and help the Duchess. When does the opportunity to help her come up? Is it is the Mr Sacks cards and on what day? (I am afraid I won't notice the wording and miss on her). And how much ToL does it cost to resolve the storyline?

Also, a final question - I have the Beth and Bazaar 4-card addresses. I understand that five card lodgings do not open up any new opportunities on the cards or have extra cards, so one would need both only for rp or completionist reasons, correct?

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
dov
dov
Posts: 2580

12/15/2016
Jolanda Swan wrote:
A question: this Sackmass, which is my first, I intend to get one five card lodging, and help the Duchess. When does the opportunity to help her come up? Is it is the Mr Sacks cards and on what day? (I am afraid I won't notice the wording and miss on her). And how much ToL does it cost to resolve the storyline?

You'll see the option to unlock it on Day 4 of Mr Sacks.
Then, look for an opportunity to help the Duchess on the Day 6 card.

Jolanda Swan wrote:
Also, a final question - I have the Beth and Bazaar 4-card addresses. I understand that five card lodgings do not open up any new opportunities on the cards or have extra cards, so one would need both only for rp or completionist reasons, correct?

That's true for these two 5-card lodgings. If you upgrade your room at the Embassy to a Sanctum, it would allow you to pay Fate to get the Quiet Deviless and/or the Green-Eyed Devil as companions.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman
Posts: 2251

12/15/2016
Jolanda Swan wrote:
A question: this Sackmass, which is my first, I intend to get one five card lodging, and help the Duchess. When does the opportunity to help her come up? Is it is the Mr Sacks cards and on what day? (I am afraid I won't notice the wording and miss on her). And how much ToL does it cost to resolve the storyline?

On day 4 card you can pick her and it costs 5 ToL to resolve the story, but she'll give you 7 as a reward before that. I didn't experienced this, but should accurate as I collected the information from multiple sources.

Jolanda Swan wrote:
Also, a final question - I have the Beth and Bazaar 4-card addresses. I understand that five card lodgings do not open up any new opportunities on the cards or have extra cards, so one would need both only for rp or completionist reasons, correct?

Yes, only for RP/completionism.

I wish you good luck and Merry Sackmas, delicious!

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
+2 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan
Posts: 1823

12/15/2016
Thank you all! This is so much planning - but fun.Just like surface Christmas.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
phryne
phryne
Posts: 1493

12/1/2017
Unearthing this, once again. wink


Rupho Schartenhauer wrote:
The price for buying Lacre from urchins is 7 Storm-Threnodies + 1 Night-Whisper (this option also requires Connected: Urchins 20)
I wonder whether this will be changed to Favours, or Renown...
edited by phryne on 12/1/2017

--
my accounts, with all 4 Ambitions completed: Bag a LegendLight FingersHeart's DesireNemesisBag a Legend, again
Exceptional Stories, sorted by season and by writerDestiny Guide
+1 link
PSGarak
PSGarak
Posts: 1413

12/1/2017
phryne wrote:
Unearthing this, once again. wink


Rupho Schartenhauer wrote:
The price for buying Lacre from urchins is 7 Storm-Threnodies + 1 Night-Whisper (this option also requires Connected: Urchins 20)
I wonder whether this will be changed to Favours, or Renown...
edited by phryne on 12/1/2017

The Urchin's Renown conversion actually hit in the middle of December last year, so we already found it. It requires Renown 10, and consumes no Favors.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
+1 link
earthbourn
earthbourn
Posts: 153

12/1/2017
If one is not aiming for a Noman tattoo, what are the benefits of creating a Noman? And how much ToL does it cost?

--
Tenterhook - A sun-seared creature learning to be human.
The Mechanist, L. - Found what she was looking for. Gone now.
0 link




Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.0.2.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software