Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

CHRISTMAS IN THE NEATH: A GUIDE Messages in this topic - RSS

Gonen
Gonen

1/5/2016
Toran wrote:
It takes 120 change points to get Noman to 15. It's safe to assume you'll get at least 5 Noman cards per day, meaning that without any deck shenanigans you'll probably be done by 12 days. My experience for the past two years has been more in the range of 10 days and then I spend the last 4 days only taking the Ambition-related option on the card. Last year, I believe someone finished building their Noman in something like 4-5 days?
edited by Toran on 1/5/2016

Thank you both for an answer.
5 per day or so? Many here complain they still have not received Mr. Sacks that day (any day, new complaint). The frequency is the same iirc

--
The Ashen Anesthesiologist - Paramount Londoner

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

The long journey to eccentricity:
On March 10th, 2018, reached 15 on all quirks, simultaneously. The Quirky Anesthesiologist
0 link
Lemexis
Lemexis

1/5/2016
The Noman cost ToL 15 ?! I thought I only needed 3 ! Damn, now that I just bought my Spire-Emporium there is no way I'll ever be able to get it.

The Neath is a crual mistress.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lemexis

Feed me your most terrible secrets
0 link
Màiread
Màiread

1/5/2016
It costs 15 in the final days of January. The noman gets more expensive the longer the wicket is open, so if you nab one asap you'll be fine.

Edit: oh, and the 15 the others are referring to isn't taste, but Noman's progress - you raise it through feeding your noman quirks, and once you hit 15 it dies & you get a prize.
edited by Màiread on 1/5/2016

--
Màiread - Correspondent, composer, lover of cats. Can probably bake you a d__n fine cake.

Useful Links: Traveller's Friend (Progress Tracker & Notability Calculator) | phryne's Guide to Favours & Renown |

Peggy the Nowoman lived to see the Feast. Thank you for the memories, Snow Lady.

I'm happy to accept most social actions except for lethal sparring and loitering suspiciously. Please challenge my plant! Currently not accepting calling cards.
0 link
Gonen
Gonen

1/5/2016
Lemexis wrote:
The Noman cost ToL 15 ?! I thought I only needed 3 ! Damn, now that I just bought my Spire-Emporium there is no way I'll ever be able to get it.

The Neath is a crual mistress.

3 on the first 3 days. 15 on the last days.
For only the story and Elemental Secret you need 3 ToL

--

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

On March 10th, 2018, reached 15 on all quirks, simultaneously. The Quirky Anesthesiologist
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

1/5/2016
For some reason the Noman option is currently broken. Only the final 15-taste option is visible but is locked with a Key of Seasons, the developer item for closing off seasonal content.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi!

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
dov
dov

1/5/2016
The Wicket's text still says that it will open on January 6th. I think we were not meant to gain access yet...

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+1 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

1/5/2016
In past I believe the Wicket was similarly accessible directly after playing Day 12, so it's either a typo or the 12 Days started a day early this year without the text being changed.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi!

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Chris Gardiner
Chris Gardiner
Administrator

1/5/2016
The Wicket was indeed briefly available a day early! I've closed that option for now, but it'll re-open tomorrow when everything is properly spruced and tidied.
0 link
Parelle
Parelle

1/5/2016
Err. Huh. Now that I've bought my Spire, I appear to be locked out of Penstock even with 5 ToL.

--
Parelle, Lady Joseph Marlen. The Singular Librarian. A Midnighter, a Player of the Marvelous.
pages from a dusty bookshop: a badly updated FL changelog | Useful Guidance and Explanations
0 link
Gonen
Gonen

1/5/2016
Parelle wrote:
Err. Huh. Now that I've bought my Spire, I appear to be locked out of Penstock even with 5 ToL.

You snuck and stole something from the Bazaar... You are a master thief!

--

+4 link
Lemexis
Lemexis

1/5/2016
Chris kicked us all out, Parelle. upset

But I feel better now. In the end, it seems that I might my Elemental Secret and my heartbreak ! Now on to finding a guide for the Noman, I hope that I didn't need to farm anything to get the secret...

Edit : Stealing a Spire is quite an achievement. Mine now feels even better knowing that I sneakily acquired it when I shouldn't have. Ah, the little things in Neathy life...
edited by Lemexis on 1/5/2016

--

+2 link
Parelle
Parelle

1/5/2016
Probably a good thing! Th Nomen's price was 15 still, not that it was otherwise available smile

--
Parelle, Lady Joseph Marlen. The Singular Librarian. A Midnighter, a Player of the Marvelous.
pages from a dusty bookshop: a badly updated FL changelog | Useful Guidance and Explanations
0 link
Lemexis
Lemexis

1/5/2016
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but when I get the Noman, I must draw as many Noman cards as possible until some quality reaches 15 ? Do you have any guide on that ?
I read NiteBrite's, but it is focused on keeping the little golem alive for the tatoo. I just want the sweet secret.

Edit : Ha, I also took the Fate story reward while I was at it. I worked for the duchess. I also wanted to get a remote lodgings, but in the end... I value the 5-card deck more. If you move to a Remote Lodgings, your deck is limited to 3 again, right ?
edited by Lemexis on 1/5/2016

--

0 link
Lemexis
Lemexis

1/5/2016
I had the same impression when I saw that, but I kind of expected it... I guess we'll just get used to it.

--

0 link
wraith
wraith

1/5/2016
the remote address doesn't have any opp card but it prevent the drawing of city vices

--
a scholar who is ready to do anything for knowledge http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/madwraith
please send boxed cat
0 link
Deatheye
Deatheye

1/5/2016
day 2 how important is connected masters of the bazzar?

--
75 stats
0 link
Sara Hysaro
Sara Hysaro

1/5/2016
Connected: Masters of the Bazaar usually isn't too important, though it is harder / more expensive than the other connections to raise.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
0 link
Deatheye
Deatheye

1/5/2016
and can I get a noman the lodging and the sooth and copper longbox?

I got TOL 14 and 2 pails

ok how do I get to penstock? I robbed mr sacks on day 12 btw please tell me this does not lock me out
edited by Deatheye on 1/5/2016
edited by Deatheye on 1/5/2016

--
75 stats
0 link
wraith
wraith

1/5/2016
you can get a noman, the box and a remote address, not a 5 five cards lodging unless you regain two using your pail after have bought the noman and the box and get the royal bethlem one. penstock will open tomorrow, don't worry

--
a scholar who is ready to do anything for knowledge http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/madwraith
please send boxed cat
0 link
Deatheye
Deatheye

1/5/2016
wich one is the 5 card lodging?

--
75 stats
0 link