Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

Achieving Notability for Fun and Profit Messages in this topic - RSS

Pleroma
Pleroma

11/5/2015
Dearest readers,
I find myself in a bit of a bind. I am a day and a few hours from time the healer visiting, and am presently...291 change points, +/-5, from my goal of notability 5. Is there any way for me to make the gap, or should I cut my losses for this week and let my making waves drop down? I have three free evenings, but the only thing remotely quick enough would be Dante's grill...and I don't know anyone for that.
Thoughts? Experiences? Advice?

--
An Author, A Gamesman, and Cryptography Enthusiast.
A Social kind of person, Second Chances a Specialty.
Also happy to break bread at the House of Chimes, for those who can tell him an interesting tale. Will reply to any letter with a tale.
0 link
malthaussen
malthaussen

11/5/2015
Sir: I am a Person of Some Insignificance with 15 Making Waves at present. If these would profit you, I would be pleased to meet you at Dante's.

-- Mal

--
"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Will do all socials except Loitering or Private Evenings (all my Free Evenings are accounted for), and Affluent Photographer Betrayals only, please. I am not currently accepting calling cards.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/malthaussen
0 link
Pleroma
Pleroma

11/5/2015
malthaussen wrote:
Sir: I am a Person of Some Insignificance with 15 Making Waves at present. If these would profit you, I would be pleased to meet you at Dante's.

-- Mal

I shall send along a calling card and an invitation once my actions have sufficiently refreshed. You do save me by your actions, and I shall find a way to repay you.
-Pleroma

--
An Author, A Gamesman, and Cryptography Enthusiast.
A Social kind of person, Second Chances a Specialty.
Also happy to break bread at the House of Chimes, for those who can tell him an interesting tale. Will reply to any letter with a tale.
0 link
malthaussen
malthaussen

11/5/2015
Happy to be of service.

-- Mal

--
"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Will do all socials except Loitering or Private Evenings (all my Free Evenings are accounted for), and Affluent Photographer Betrayals only, please. I am not currently accepting calling cards.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/malthaussen
0 link
Gemma Hawley
Gemma Hawley

11/5/2015
After Dante's, if you still have free evenings use them for a private dinner. And if you're still short after that, go to the Singing Mandrake in Veilgarden and write poetry. I like the Devils option because it doesn't consume items, though it does lower Connected Hell, Church, and Society slightly and gives some Scandal and Wounds. For 3 actions, you'll get a variable amount of MW for it (3-10 CP according to the wiki, but I swear I've only gotten 1 CP now and then), but it is infinitely repeatable.

If you have lots of Memories of Distant Shores, Tales of Terror, Zee-Ztories, Visions of the Surface, or Scraps of Incendiary Gossip, upconverting them will also give you some MW as a by-product.

--
Gemma Hawley—Former urchin, recovering misanthrope, fixer for the Cheery Man
0 link

11/6/2015
Gemma Hawley wrote:
After Dante's, if you still have free evenings use them for a private dinner. And if you're still short after that, go to the Singing Mandrake in Veilgarden and write poetry. I like the Devils option because it doesn't consume items, though it does lower Connected Hell, Church, and Society slightly and gives some Scandal and Wounds. For 3 actions, you'll get a variable amount of MW for it (3-10 CP according to the wiki, but I swear I've only gotten 1 CP now and then), but it is infinitely repeatable.

If you have lots of Memories of Distant Shores, Tales of Terror, Zee-Ztories, Visions of the Surface, or Scraps of Incendiary Gossip, upconverting them will also give you some MW as a by-product.

Fantastic points! But do notice the product up-conversion at that tier often requires having 50 or more minimum for each wanting to convert for a said 1-10 cp MW each attempt.

If doing bulk conversion on the non-1000 ones, that's around a 1500 tier 1 conversion item equivalent before you can do one tier 3-4 item up-conversion, assuming you don't do bulk conversion then uptick the next tier by 10-per-conversion-option, but spend more turns which is a greater deficit.
Now for those who have been around many a month and have hundreds of Echoes, the impatient for time limit reasons can buy about 40 echoes worth of stuff at most and do so quickly. But I'm guessing people in this situation often don't have this echo surplus. (The other option should you accept $7 a month until you choose to cancel it) is an exceptional friendship doubles the turn bank to 40, but has no speed-up should you expend all turns, and this is a 6-hour, 40-minute wait time should you go to 0 turns and want to wait for a full bank. (Of course for both regular and exceptional, one could also spend Fate, which charges 4 Fate for 6 actions and 10 fate for 20 actions.)

• edited by the truthseeker on 11/6/2015

• edited by the truthseeker on 11/6/2015
  • 0 link