Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

Gratitude and questions about modding Messages in this topic - RSS

Machallan
Machallan

10/28/2015
Hello, fellow zee-captains, hello great Masters of the Bazaar,

First of all, I wanted to thank the Failbetter team for bringing us Sunless Sea. For me, it is the best game of 2015, and perhaps even of this decade! Big Grin
So, thank you very very much.

On the other hand, I have ideas to mod the game and hopefully improve it. I have already managed to understand the system of qualities and to create new items, such as guns and cargo, and I was able to made them available in game.
Yesterday, I tried to make a new ship, just to see how complex it was. Quite quickly, I've been able to create a new vessel, and even to play it in game smile
But I haven't understood everything and have a few questions, a bit technical.

-How can I manage the equipments slots availability on the ships? My researches point out that it is hardcoded, but maybe I can export the properties of existing ships layouts?

-How are ships available in the shipyard, while they are listed under the Iron&Misery shop? Is it simply because they are defined as ships?

-How can I add new bonuses to ships? If I copy/paste a bonus from another ship, it works, but when I try to make a one with a new ID, it doesn't work upset
In the same line of ideas, is it possible to add more exotic bonuses (such as fuel efficiency) to ships?

I hope someone can answer my questions, and that I will be able to contribute in adding content to this wonderful game smile

Oh, and if the devs could make tutorials explaining how to mod step by step, I think it would really help novice modders to get into it and benefit the game. I am considering the option of writing guides myself, but I think I do not master the code well enough to do so.

Thanks again, I hope I've been able to explain clearly my problems smile
0 link
Xane Al-Rahibi
Xane Al-Rahibi

10/28/2015
Here's a modding tutorial for ya: http://www.failbettergames.com/modding-sunless-sea-a-demo/

Hope this helps

--
Xane Al-Rahibi:
A sacrosanct symphonist, aberrant author, palatable poet, and darn good euphophonist to boot,

Oh, and Eighth Offprint Opus of The Omnibus Octavo

This is how you may contact me in the world of Fallen London:
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Xane~Al-Rahibi

I am open to any and all requests relating to any and all social actions.
0 link
Machallan
Machallan

10/28/2015
I have of course read all the modding guidelins Failbetter provided us, but my I'm afraid my problem is way beyond that ^^

Thanks for trying to help though smile
0 link