Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Myself, and the changes found within Messages in this topic - RSS

Lily Fox
Lily Fox

2/1/2012
We are, of course, all changing. For myself, it seems I was only yesterday clambering through a crack in the earth below the bandstand of Victoria Park, nothing but rags on my back and a guttering torch in hand, and now I am the darling of all the Duchess's finest soirées. If I do say so myself.

Fallen London, too, and the Bazaar itself, seem to change near every day and most often for the better. Yet a recent phenomonon cause me some distress. I hesitate to mention it, such a trifle really, but the tendency for items of importance in my possession be wreathed in a blue halo means they are now less easily noticable than before, when I thought I detected a gleam of gold about those same trinkets, keys and such.

((TL;DR -- The hot blue border for use-able inventory items is harder for me to see, and IMO out of sorts with the general colour scheme, than the previous gold/yellow.))

--
@LilyLayer4
Fallen London character: Lilith B.
Author of Maelstrom - Play - Discuss
Author of City of Phire - Play - Discuss
0 link
Alexis Kennedy
Alexis Kennedy

2/1/2012
The feedback we're getting suggests that different browsers, monitors, tastes have different effects. We're going to make the border thicker and probably add other changes.
0 link
Branden Linton
Branden Linton

2/1/2012
Alexis Kennedy wrote:
The feedback we're getting suggests that different browsers, monitors, tastes have different effects. We're going to make the border thicker and probably add other changes.

Why not just add a option to change the colour? Then again making the borders bigger might work to. Personally I can make out the blue borders with much greater ease.

--
Brom Girvan: a man of shadows and secrets. http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Brom~Girvan
0 link
Patrick Reding
Patrick Reding

2/1/2012
Branden Linton wrote:
Why not just add a option to change the colour? Then again making the borders bigger might work to. Personally I can make out the blue borders with much greater ease.

Too many fiddly bits will overwhelm the player with trivia. It is better to pick a single colour most people will enjoy.

That said, I hold nothing but contempt and disgust for lime green.

--
http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Yana
0 link
Endy
Endy

2/1/2012
making me hungry for apples. : )

I'm thinking either turquoise or forest green would look nice.

--
sonantem aeternum ad terram

Through the darker shadows.
0 link
Patrick Reding
Patrick Reding

2/1/2012
Endy wrote:
making me hungry for apples. : )

I'm thinking either turquoise or forest green would look nice.

Cyans would probably clash, but I'll second forest-- erm, Watchmakers' Hill green.

--
0 link
Woogawoman
Woogawoman

2/1/2012
I would like to see how the old yellow/gold color works with the thicker border. To me, at least, t seemed to fit the color palette better, and the increased width would make it much easier to see.

--
----------
Eleanor Smythe's Profile
0 link
Felicity Chase
Felicity Chase

2/1/2012
Agree with the color mismatch concerns. (I've had similar concerns about the blue storylet boxes, too.)

I notice there's no longer a friends list on the Home tab. Is there any way of seeing all of your friends short of scrolling through the drop-down lists of social actions? And I liked the links to profiles too.

I would also really really like if the "Preview Cameos" button was centered below the cameo and lodgings pictures, but that may be just me >.>

--
@FelicityChase
Currently accepting: Almost all social actions. But please don't send me invitations to private dinners. And Nightmares may take a very long time to accept, unless you're willing to take some of mine in return.
0 link
djcrashoverride
djcrashoverride

2/1/2012
I'm stat-capped. Will I still be able to play the new stories involving the Implacable Detective?

--
An inescapable, sagacious, irresistible and magnificent gentleman:

http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/DJCrashoverride
0 link
Alerane
Alerane

2/3/2012
Question for fellow Fallen Londoners

Where is the spot where you can alter your tagline (the What-they-say line) now on the new page? I may be daft or spider blinded but I cannot for the life of me find it anymore and do not recall where it was originally besides this page.
0 link
Branden Linton
Branden Linton

2/3/2012
djcrashoverride wrote:
I'm stat-capped. Will I still be able to play the new stories involving the Implacable Detective?

I am also curious about this.

--
Brom Girvan: a man of shadows and secrets. http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Brom~Girvan
0 link
KatarinaNavane
KatarinaNavane

2/3/2012
Branden Linton wrote:
djcrashoverride wrote:

I am also curious about this.

Me too!

--
Storynexus sn Katarina Navane.

My art page (much of which is dark, Victorian, and/or full of tentacles): http://www.facebook.com/demonkittydesigns
0 link
Dave
Dave

2/3/2012
Alerane wrote:
Question for fellow Fallen Londoners

Where is the spot where you can alter your tagline (the What-they-say line) now on the new page? I may be daft or spider blinded but I cannot for the life of me find it anymore and do not recall where it was originally besides this page.

I haven't found it since the re-design either. Glad to know i'm not the only one!

--
The Dave, a terrifying, lethal, inescapable and sagacious gentleman
0 link
Alexis Kennedy
Alexis Kennedy

2/3/2012
Bear with us a few days - we're still shuffling stuff around. It'll be back shortly.
0 link
the_antichris
the_antichris

2/3/2012
djcrashoverride wrote:

I'm stat-capped and I just got a business card from her. (I got very Suspicious and taunted her when the constables started closing in.) Now to see if I get any assignments...
edited by the_antichris on 2/3/2012
0 link
djcrashoverride
djcrashoverride

2/3/2012
the_antichris wrote:
djcrashoverride wrote:

I'm stat-capped and I just got a business card from her. (I got very Suspicious and taunted her when the constables started closing in.) Now to see if I get any assignments...

Time to put on some shady equipment, then, I guess.

--
An inescapable, sagacious, irresistible and magnificent gentleman:

http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/DJCrashoverride
0 link
Alerane
Alerane

2/3/2012
Alexis Kennedy wrote:
Bear with us a few days - we're still shuffling stuff around. It'll be back shortly.

Good to know, I was more concerned that I may have just been missing a new location. Carry on~!
0 link
Aspeon
Aspeon

2/3/2012
the_antichris wrote:
djcrashoverride wrote:

I thought I recall getting one from a different card (The highest-tier on the "trade Connected: Constables for Watchful" card), but I don't see it in my inventory in a quick scan. Which section does it wind up in?

--
A raccooning will not be postponed indefinitely.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Aspeon
0 link
Patrick Reding
Patrick Reding

2/3/2012
Aspeon wrote:
the_antichris wrote:
djcrashoverride wrote:

I thought I recall getting one from a different card (The highest-tier on the "trade Connected: Constables for Watchful" card), but I don't see it in my inventory in a quick scan. Which section does it wind up in?

Really? How disappointing. I'd already thrown at least two of those out today without looking at them.

--
0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

2/3/2012
The "Trade Connections" cards have been tweaked. They've been transformed from "totally annoying" to "great" in the last update -- good work, FBG!
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 3/24/2015

--
Rupho Schartenhauer has killed a Master, well: most of it.
Cortez the Killer has killed a Master, definitely.
Deepdelver has begotten a star. It's... complicated.
Dr. Kvirkvelia, gone NORTH on 23/12/1894.
0 link