Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

A Few Questions about Modding Messages in this topic - RSS

Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

9/1/2015
Hello again,

I've been taking a break from FL/SS for a few months. Many awesome changes over that time, thanks once again for the good work, Failbetter!
But let's cut straight to the point(s):
  • If I want to change, for example, the "SomethingAwaitsYouPeriod" from 60 to 30 seconds, do I have to do that in "navigationconstants.json" and "navigationconstants_import.json" both, or would one of those files suffice? What exactly is the difference between the two anyway?
  • "SomethingAwaitsYouPeriod" is easy enough to find. But let's say I want to change the price of a specific item. In my case, I want to make Dreadful Surmises buyable and sellable at Red Stallion Publishing in Khan's Heart (they show up there but neither buying nor selling is possible). I thought about a 10,000 Echoes buying and 5,000 Echoes selling price. How exactly would I go about doing that? A detailed example, that could then be applied to other items, would be much appreciated here!
FYI, I have very little programming experience beyond basic HTML, so your explanations need to be simple and clear... wink

Sorry if some or all of this has already been answered elsewhere!

--
Old hand, still occasionally playing.
0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

9/1/2015
You can delete the import.json and it won't impact your game in anyway, so just stick to editing the non-import one.

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, cider, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
0 link