Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

The Actions are Endless...the FUN is not! Messages in this topic - RSS

Urthdigger
Urthdigger

2/1/2012
I'm going to be grinding my stats up. Though, I'm sad I missed the first two hours, since I woke up when it was supposed to start and missed them starting early upset

--
Looking for second chances to maximize your loot output from those troublesome storylets? Check out our handy gang of volunteers in this thread, or even volunteer yourself!

@Urthdigger on twitter
0 link
Dave
Dave

2/1/2012
Urthdigger wrote:
I'm going to be grinding my stats up. Though, I'm sad I missed the first two hours, since I woke up when it was supposed to start and missed them starting early upset

Maybe they'll make up for it by letting it run two hours late as well wink

--
The Dave, a terrifying, lethal, inescapable and sagacious gentleman
0 link
Patrick Reding
Patrick Reding

2/1/2012
In light of the economy update, I've decided to work toward buying a Luxury Yacht without using Fate. I already have the Cellars and Favours I need, so I'm going to go get the Comprehensive Bribes I need by murdering a provost repeatedly.

--
http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Yana
0 link
Urthdigger
Urthdigger

2/1/2012
Dave wrote:
Urthdigger wrote:

Maybe they'll make up for it by letting it run two hours late as well wink

Doubt it. As is, it'll be running 2 hours more than expected. I don't feel slighted by missing the two hours, my comment was just a "Aww, I missed an opportunity."

--
Looking for second chances to maximize your loot output from those troublesome storylets? Check out our handy gang of volunteers in this thread, or even volunteer yourself!

@Urthdigger on twitter
0 link
Owlor
Owlor

2/1/2012
Patrick Reding wrote:
In light of the economy update, I've decided to work toward buying a Luxury Yacht without using Fate. I already have the Cellars and Favours I need, so I'm going to go get the Comprehensive Bribes I need by murdering a provost repeatedly.

I like how messed up the things in fallen london sounds when you talk about it,, "I will harvest a small city worth of souls so I can buy myself a room at the embassy of hell!"...

--
"He never really loved her. Or her money. He wanted her secrets."
Jack Owlfisher's profile (@Owlor on twitter)
0 link
Urthdigger
Urthdigger

2/1/2012
Owlor wrote:
Patrick Reding wrote:

I like how messed up the things in fallen london sounds when you talk about it,, "I will harvest a small city worth of souls so I can buy myself a room at the embassy of hell!"...

Something else I noticed earlier: It seems most/all animals are intelligent now: So far I know rats (Or at least L.B.s, though the companions of the relickers are just called "rats"), cats, and monkeys are all capable of speech. Kind of makes for a sobering thought for anyone who's not a vegetarian. After all, the reason people can justify eating meat is usually that they aren't killing anything sentient to do so.

--

@Urthdigger on twitter
0 link
Patrick Reding
Patrick Reding

2/1/2012
Urthdigger wrote:
Something else I noticed earlier: It seems most/all animals are intelligent now: So far I know rats (Or at least L.B.s, though the companions of the relickers are just called "rats"), cats, and monkeys are all capable of speech. Kind of makes for a sobering thought for anyone who's not a vegetarian. After all, the reason people can justify eating meat is usually that they aren't killing anything sentient to do so.

Considering the quality of the meat down here, I'd be surprised if Mr. Hearts' wares contained any material remotely identifiable as "animal".

--
0 link
Early
Early

2/1/2012
Patrick Reding wrote:
Urthdigger wrote:

Considering the quality of the meat down here, I'd be surprised if Mr. Hearts' wares contained any material remotely identifiable as "animal".

Mr. Hearts' Superior Soylent Steaks are surprisingly tasty.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Early
+1 link
Dave
Dave

2/1/2012
Chris Gardiner wrote:

How does everyone plan on spending all those lovely, lovely actions?

Getting out of jail, or off the slow boat, in my relentless search for the name.

Failing that, breading beasties. My bifurcated beauty is complete; but I miss the other critters.

--
0 link
Urthdigger
Urthdigger

2/1/2012
Dave wrote:
breading beasties.

Do you use a cornmeal or breadcrumb based breading for your beasties?

--

@Urthdigger on twitter
0 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

2/1/2012
The schnitzels they serve in the Neath are frankly appalling.

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

2/1/2012
The Festival seems to be giving the Failbetter servers a hard time...

--
Old hand, still occasionally playing.
0 link
KatarinaNavane
KatarinaNavane

2/1/2012
What happened to my actions? Yes, exactly...I thought the festival was for two days? is it over already? It's saying I've used all my actions for today.
edited by KatarinaNavane on 2/1/2012

--
Storynexus sn Katarina Navane.

My art page (much of which is dark, Victorian, and/or full of tentacles): http://www.facebook.com/demonkittydesigns
0 link
jasper
jasper

2/1/2012
Me as well... It says my actions will come back in five minutes, so I'm fine with waiting until then, but still...
(and it's probably easier to just wait than submit a report :P)
edited by MidnightJasper on 2/1/2012
0 link
KatarinaNavane
KatarinaNavane

2/1/2012
It did fix itself, but still rather disconcerting, and my actions didn't recharge for a good half an hour because it declared them capped.

--
Storynexus sn Katarina Navane.

My art page (much of which is dark, Victorian, and/or full of tentacles): http://www.facebook.com/demonkittydesigns
0 link

2/1/2012
I saw a lot of new content has just been released... is some of it active only during the festival? I'm at the Schroom-hopping race but I will come back if there is some limited-time content available for the occasion...
0 link
Patrick Reding
Patrick Reding

2/1/2012
LukeMcMillan wrote:
I saw a lot of new content has just been released... is some of it active only during the festival? I'm at the Schroom-hopping race but I will come back if there is some limited-time content available for the occasion...

I was under the impression that these were permanent additions.

--
0 link
Chris Gardiner
Chris Gardiner
Administrator

2/1/2012
Patrick Reding wrote:
I was under the impression that these were permanent additions.

They are, indeed.
0 link
Dave
Dave

2/1/2012
Urthdigger wrote:
Dave wrote:
breading beasties.

Do you use a cornmeal or breadcrumb based breading for your beasties?

Cinnabar and iron salts, among other ingredients the Masters would rather I did not discuss.

--
0 link
Chris Gardiner
Chris Gardiner
Administrator

2/2/2012
As mentioned here, we're extending the Festival of Endless Actions by an additional day. It will now end at midnight on the 3rd of February.
+1 link