Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

Patron? Patron! (Which I require.) Messages in this topic - RSS

Doxl
Doxl

6/18/2015
No different than the topic names claims, I require a patron! Not only that, but if you could all do me the kind favor of explaining how exactly having a patron even works. Do the skills just start developing over time? Is it by actions? Is the higher their skills the higher yours will rise? And so on.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Doxl
0 link
Hypersomnus
Hypersomnus

6/18/2015
I believe a post has already been made for this purpose.

As I understand it, patrons (who are level 200 [the level cap] and have chosen a specialization) can initiate social actions to boost the stats of their proteges (until the protege reaches level 100). (in return for substantial making waves I think?). It is currently quite difficult to get a patron, as it appears that there are many more people below level 100 than people at level 200.

--
Maxwell Q Tenebris; Agelastic Ailuromancer, Scarlet Saint, Monochromatic Myrmidon and Correspondent
Accepting all social actions besides loitering and Photographer.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? get on the list!
A Map of the Iron Republic
0 link
Kaigen
Kaigen

6/18/2015
Skills develop via social action. The Patron sends an invite, and if it is accepted, both lose a free evening and gain a second chance of the appropriate type, and the student gains at least one skill level (possibly more if their stat is really low) while the patron gains some Making Waves.

--
Just a simple doctor with a chess habit. Publisher of The Flit Dispatch.

"One must remember that the impossible is, alas, always possible."
-Jacques Derrida
0 link