Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

Sea of Wings and the Deconstruction? Messages in this topic - RSS

IHNIWTR
IHNIWTR

4/20/2015
These areas appear in the early versions of the map, but not in the final game. I'm guessing they were cut out - I suppose I just want to know if there are any concrete plans to revisit or reimplement these spaces or if they're gone for good? It's wishful thinking, but I sure would love to have more places to explore on the zee.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Daniel%20Vaise
0 link
SouthSea Rutherby
SouthSea Rutherby

4/20/2015
  • I do admit I'm hoping to learn more about the Sea of Wings, but I'd completely forgotten about the Deconstruction. I'm as curious as you are. You pose a really good question, if only to indulge in speculation a little...

--
    Now the proud captain of Mr. Eaten's Revenge
  • 0 link
    lady ciel
    lady ciel

4/20/2015
    There are still two Generic Tiles ... maybe sometime they will become the Sea of Wings and the Deconstruction.

Also I'm sure that I read somewhere that it might be possible for Failbetter to extend the map eastwards if they want.

--
    ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
    +1 link
    Rook Crofton
    Rook Crofton

4/22/2015
    Alternatively, I wonder if these places became the Crying Heights (with their winged foes) and the Sea of Statues (which are in ruins). I can't remember which islands were implemented when those names were still part of the game.

--
    Rook Crofton: dreamer, antiquarian, mystic
    Now a Scarlet Saint. Happy to send anyone an invite to the Temple Club.
    +1 link
    SouthSea Rutherby
    SouthSea Rutherby

4/23/2015
    Rook Crofton wrote:
    Alternatively, I wonder if these places became the Crying Heights (with their winged foes) and the Sea of Statues (which are in ruins). I can't remember which islands were implemented when those names were still part of the game.

That's a good point. I do remember seeing a dazzling group of what I could only imagine to be fabulously-dressed bats at one time near the Crying Heights.

• --
  • +1 link
    Diptych
    Diptych
    Administrator

4/23/2015
    The Deconstruction and the Sea of Wings both appear on my official map alongside the Crying Heights and Sea of Statues, so I'd say they're rather A: not yet implemented or B: mere zailors' legends.

--
    Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
    Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
    +3 link
    SouthSea Rutherby
    SouthSea Rutherby

4/23/2015
    Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook wrote:
    The Deconstruction and the Sea of Wings both appear on my official map alongside the Crying Heights and Sea of Statues, so I'd say they're rather A: not yet implemented or B: mere zailors' legends.

To be fair, Mr Tanah-Chook, before I went north to Venderbight I heard YOU were a mere zailor's legend... :P

• --
  • +5 link
    Lashkar
    Lashkar

5/7/2015
    South-Sea Rutherby wrote:
    That's a good point. I do remember seeing a dazzling group of what I could only imagine to be fabulously-dressed bats at one time near the Crying Heights.

• The Milliner-Bats are something. I hope we find out what the backstory is behind them at some point.

--
    Wriothesley: Call me "Risley". My first character, around midgame
    Asesina Ballenas: whale killer. Alt, recently PoSI
    Happy to accept most social actions; will help with menace reduction if it's reciprocated.
    +1 link
    Rook Crofton
    Rook Crofton

5/9/2015
    On a side note, I just recently discovered an area called 'the Dark Unterzee' (I think) that I hadn't seen before. It was full of spined coral reefs ('ware reefs' was the game's gnomic description) and had the occasional enemy, but no ports. Previously, I had explored the whole map with a different character and never found it. Perhaps, as Sir Tanah-Chook says, they're not-yet-implemented regions - or maybe they're rare regions that only have a chance to be generated in any particular captain's career. (Very roguelike.)

--
    Rook Crofton: dreamer, antiquarian, mystic
    Now a Scarlet Saint. Happy to send anyone an invite to the Temple Club.
    0 link
    Xane Al-Rahibi
    Xane Al-Rahibi

10/2/2015
    I just found the Ware Reefs as well, I had never seen them before and I searched around for a while to try and find a port, no luck though.
    edited by The Infinite Bookkeeper on 10/6/2015

--
    Xane Al-Rahibi:
    A sacrosanct symphonist, aberrant author, palatable poet, and darn good euphophonist to boot,

Oh, and Eighth Offprint Opus of The Omnibus Octavo

This is how you may contact me in the world of Fallen London:
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Xane~Al-Rahibi

I am open to any and all requests relating to any and all social actions.
    0 link
    IgnatuStone
    IgnatuStone

10/12/2016
    When you sponsor a trading voyage to the east in Fallen London you get a message telling you

"The Deconstruction," she whispers. "It took everything we had. It gave us this." She holds out a bundle of watchful mechanisms.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ignatus~Stone
    0 link
    Optimatum
    Optimatum

10/12/2016
    The Deconstruction is referenced in some Zubmariner content feat. the Sixth Witness.

--
    Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi! Christmas Cards appreciated though, especially the Fogscape with Tentacles.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
    0 link