Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Skies

For the discussion of our Sunless Skies, released January 2019.

Making Plans Messages in this topic - RSS

genesis
genesis

6/16/2015
Hannah Flynn wrote:

This is an intentional change and part of something wider. Sorry chaps. You will hopefully forgive us when you see what else is coming!

This is super intriguing and I am very keen to finding out! Is there even an approximate ETA for the reveal?

In any case, seeing that the comment above suggests that there is more to the Plans than meets the eye, I have a suggestion/question/request.

Do plans have some sort of Quality associated with them that can be used in the main story interface (or, if not, is it possible to make that the case with not too much effort?)? So is it possible to craft a story which unlocks if a particular story is added to plans?

I've often thought that early in the game you come to road block where you need an item but you don't know where to get it. Or maybe it's available at the bazaar but there is no *in character* reason for me to assume that it's a reasonable item to buy or that item can help me with the story. Yes, I know that *out of character* I can see what item is required but sometimes that's quite arbitrary.

So what I was thinking is that certain plot significant roadblocks (e.g. Ambitions, Bronze/Gold storylets etc) could have helper stories that are unlocked if you add the relevant branch to Plans. And the helper story could provide some in-story justification of why you are looking for particular items and what actions you might take to find them.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/mikey_thinkin

Keeping track of incomplete content and loose ends in Fallen London
+1 link
Aximillio
Aximillio

6/16/2015
Would it be possible to add notes to folders? Eg. make a folder for the Broad Unterzee, so it's easier to manage the lot?

--
Possibly returned after a long hiatus. Please do not send live rats or tournament requests.
+2 link
Kittenpox
Kittenpox

6/16/2015
I can't remember if I left a comment previously, but I just wanted to say thankyou for this addition to the game! Being able to mark which choices I prefer has been a godsend. Especially on Opportunity cards and action that I don't see very often, just being able to see at a glance "Oh yeah, I wanted to take this action rather than those other ones" has been super-handy.

Never again need I fear making a Zee-voyage, only to end up at a place I've already been simply because I forgot the names! :-D
(Thankyou, Failbetter Games.)

PS: Keen to find out what the green marker will be used for. Keep up the great work!

--
Kittenpox
Current [Fabulous Diamond] count: Twenty-Five (of 50). Halfway there! ^_^
Metaphysical Caprice: 11.
-
Currently: Returned to the Neath, and regaining my footing in this place. :-)
NO PLANT BATTLES PLEASE.
+1 link
marcmagus
marcmagus

6/16/2015
A maybe less-obvious use that I've particularly enjoyed is if I have "Use your influence to invite Slowcake's Amanuensis for a visit" as a Plan, it's easier to check how much Making Waves I need for the next point of Notability. No need to calculate, no need to travel to my Lodgings, it does the math for me if I gain new equipment which improves BDR, only problem is I need to make sure I'm using the best BDR equipment I own. It also lets me quickly check my current level of Making Waves; I find it easier to find this in the Plans than to find MW on Myself.

--
marcmagus, a scholar of the Correspondence of some minor note and bold explorer of the new Unterzee.
+5 link
Kittenpox
Kittenpox

6/16/2015
marcmagus wrote:
A maybe less-obvious use that I've particularly enjoyed is if I have "Use your influence to invite Slowcake's Amanuensis for a visit" as a Plan, it's easier to check how much Making Waves I need for the next point of Notability. No need to calculate, no need to travel to my Lodgings, it does the math for me if I gain new equipment which improves BDR, only problem is I need to make sure I'm using the best BDR equipment I own. It also lets me quickly check my current level of Making Waves; I find it easier to find this in the Plans than to find MW on Myself.

Same. ^_^
It was one of the first things I added as a Plan, for that very reason.

--
Kittenpox
Current [Fabulous Diamond] count: Twenty-Five (of 50). Halfway there! ^_^
Metaphysical Caprice: 11.
-
Currently: Returned to the Neath, and regaining my footing in this place. :-)
NO PLANT BATTLES PLEASE.
+2 link
genesis
genesis

6/30/2015
I don't know whether this is part of the ongoing Quality Requirement changes but in the Plans tabs the previously available location information has disappeared.

I have to say this rather reduces the usefulness of this feature for me. I currently have a Plan that's called "The proposal" with no quality requirements. With such a bland name and no information what location it can be found it, I'll now need to go on an entire Wikipedia research spree... :S

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/mikey_thinkin

Keeping track of incomplete content and loose ends in Fallen London
0 link
Bard09
Bard09

9/23/2015
Has anyone noticed that a plan they've had under "Active Plans"-- when completed-- does not show up in "Completed Plans?"

I just acquired the Laconic Prodigy (which was an Active Plan, with text) and after following through with the option I'd selected, I checked back under Completed Plans and nothing was to be found.

Is there a maximum # of displayed Completed plans-- or did the game fail to switch it?

Or perhaps this is because the Prodigy is Fate-locked? (so the option is allowed for Active Plans, but not Completed).
0 link
Sara Hysaro
Sara Hysaro

9/23/2015
You can only see so many Completed Plans, but they remain completed in the background.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
0 link
Bard09
Bard09

9/24/2015
I'd love to see that uncapped (or paged)! Feature request? smile At least that explains the issue-- thanks, Sara!
0 link
Dominitus
Dominitus

9/9/2016
Are Plans currently working as intended? I seem to have deleted plans only to have them show up again, and I have made plans that have entirely disappeared. Are they browser/machine/device specific? I move between several machines plus my iPhone, but changes I make on one don't seem to be coming across to the others.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Dominitus
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

9/14/2016
They shouldn't be device-specific, but there have been issues in the past with the iPhone app deleting plans. It could be related.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi!

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Dominitus
Dominitus

9/26/2016
In that case something's definitely up. I just logged in and all my plans are gone. :-/

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Dominitus
0 link