Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Skies

For the discussion of our Sunless Skies, released January 2019.

Making Plans Messages in this topic - RSS

genesis
genesis

4/2/2015
Another thought that occurred to me is that many profitable grinds disappear at higher stats (for example Area-Diving in Spite etc). What happens if you Plan one of those and then grow out of range? I can't think of anything that I can easily test at the moment but if someone is in that position then should try, I think.

In normal gameplay, the relevant storylet simply disappears and you never get to see the "locking" quality. I wonder whether it would show up on a plan. If not, then I think that's something to address as it could lead to some very frustrating misunderstanding. In a way, this is a similar point to Planning once-only options but if you don't know that an option will eventually lock and you've been spamming it for days from the Plan and then suddenly you can't (while nothing on the Plan indicates why that should be the case) then it can be confusing and frustrating.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/mikey_thinkin

Keeping track of incomplete content and loose ends in Fallen London
0 link
Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

4/2/2015
Right, gang: this was first pass to prove the concept, and it seems that you're finding lots of uses for it and it's doing roughly what you want, which is excellent.
  • We definitely want better ways to organise it.
  • A 'Go To' button is problematic for the reasons many of you have already recognised.
  • Flagging areas is a good idea!
  • Everything else is under consideration our end.
Thank you, delicious ones, for your attention. We hope to bring you further morsels, and maybe even chunks, in the coming months. We'll let you know when this is going to roll out!

--
Wields the news canon, aboard the hype train.
+3 link
dragonridingsorceress
dragonridingsorceress

4/2/2015
Spectacular work as always, Hannah and the rest of the FB team.

--
DragonRidingSorceress is an Author of good standing. Mostly good standing. She's happy to accept any social action except Photographer and Loitering, but requests warnings before duping/poisoning/etc.

Seeker of Names is a... being with an obsession. They're willing to accept all invitations.
One who seeks to know all that is and may be. One who dances in the silence of the void. One whose fantasies make the reality come alive.
+1 link
Erika
Erika

4/2/2015
I understand that the cut off point for helping has passed, but I've been watching this thread and I can't help myself; if there does come a point where you need more playtesters for the Plans tab (or anything else experimental), I, "8" in Fallen London, would be quite thrilled to help out.
edited by Cecil on 4/2/2015

--
Where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep.
                           Going on a fate expedition? I'm collecting data! Help me?
               "Bottles of Oblivion" drunk in the name of content: 57
              Catboxes (send more!) opened in the name of science: 1093
                    Fancy a friend?
0 link
genesis
genesis

4/2/2015
One more observation. Copy/Paste of text auto-includes Failbetter's copyright text. This is completely understandable. But I was wondering (and I have no idea what the technology issues are with this) if it's at all possible to exclude that when copy pasting into Plans, since we are still on Failbetter turf, as it were...

--

+3 link
Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

4/2/2015
Cecil Palmer wrote:
I understand that the cut off point for helping has passed, but I've been watching this thread and I can't help myself; if there does come a point where you need more playtesters for the Plans tab (or anything else experimental), I, "8" in Fallen London, would be quite thrilled to help out.

Cecil and anyone who didn't get a chance to chime in this time: we'll recycle and refresh the tester list with each feature. We don't want 100 people receiving random new features and getting confused between real life/fantasy (landslide... reality...), but we do want all interested parties to have a look-in.

--
+2 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

4/2/2015
AAAAAAAAAAA I was too late

If you could do something like this I will be really grateful and kiss the plans

Pretty please I like Irrigo I mean purple

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, cider, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
+2 link
dragonridingsorceress
dragonridingsorceress

4/2/2015
One more bit of feedback:

A 'Mark as Completed' type function would be useful, for plans I am no longer working on, but don't want to delete because they're generally useful.

--
DragonRidingSorceress is an Author of good standing. Mostly good standing. She's happy to accept any social action except Photographer and Loitering, but requests warnings before duping/poisoning/etc.

Seeker of Names is a... being with an obsession. They're willing to accept all invitations.
One who seeks to know all that is and may be. One who dances in the silence of the void. One whose fantasies make the reality come alive.
+2 link
MartzelDePamplona
MartzelDePamplona

4/3/2015
I do like the completed section of the plans page, I just wish there was a way I could mark a plan as "ongoing" simply for convenience, so that I didn't have to check the completed tab to make sure I'm not knocking off the parts related to my goal of gallons of master's blood.

--
Martzel De Pamplona an inescapable, sagacious and magnificent gentleman. All social actions welcome.
+1 link
Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

4/16/2015
Friends! Since we received your feedback

1. Plans are now sorted alphabetically (we may review this to make it more flexible for you in future)
2. The area the branch is originally from is now displayed on the plan
3. You can now 'un-plan' a plan directly from the branch - basically a toggle on or off

And plans are now live to all! Enjoy. smile

--
+2 link
Emain Ablach
Emain Ablach

4/16/2015
Just saw this. Thanks ! It's useful !smile

--
Went NORTH. Got salted. Never came back. We won't remember him.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Emain%20Ablach
0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

4/16/2015
Hannah Flynn wrote:
Friends! Since we received your feedback

1. Plans are now sorted alphabetically (we may review this to make it more flexible for you in future)
2. The area the branch is originally from is now displayed on the plan
3. You can now 'un-plan' a plan directly from the branch - basically a toggle on or off

And plans are now live to all! Enjoy. smile

Handy!

...For those plans from an opportunity card, maybe you can mark what card it comes from in place of locations? Or at least say it is from a card?
I have to say I really like the new little flags animation! *click on it repeatedly*

--
I currently do not accept any catbox, cider, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
0 link
genesis
genesis

4/16/2015
Excellent news!

Several of my plans are marked as "Somewhere Else" even though I think they are known to be in a particular location. For example the expeditions are marked as "Somewhere Else" rather than "Forbidden Quarter"

ETA: Also, what does "Edit Plan" option do? Clicking on it doesn't seem to do anything for me....
edited by genesis on 4/16/2015

--

0 link
Lady Taimi Felix
Lady Taimi Felix

4/16/2015
genesis wrote:
ETA: Also, what does "Edit Plan" option do? Clicking on it doesn't seem to do anything for me....
edited by genesis on 4/16/2015

If you've something written in the note space, clicking that allows you to edit it.

--
Lady Taimi Felix: Devoted Wife. Invisible Eminence. Patron of the Shadowy Arts. Monster Hunter. Lady of Adventure. Exceptionally Lethal. Loves a Good Chat over Coffee.
0 link
Lady Taimi Felix
Lady Taimi Felix

4/16/2015
Estelle Knoht wrote:

I have to say I really like the new little flags animation! *click on it repeatedly*

I like the new animation too and the fact that it not looks less obtrusive on storylets where you don't want to 'make plans', but since it has gone game-wide today, the flag is no longer still colored if you've completed a plan. The account I've been play-testing this feature with has been stat-capped for a million years, so I didn't use the plans so much to remind me what I was doing but more as visual cues on which is the 'correct' option, especially when I'm half asleep or playing on my phone. Yes, the flag is still extended, but the grey eliminated the obvious visual cue. I would love it if the color would come back.

--
Lady Taimi Felix: Devoted Wife. Invisible Eminence. Patron of the Shadowy Arts. Monster Hunter. Lady of Adventure. Exceptionally Lethal. Loves a Good Chat over Coffee.
+2 link
Sara Hysaro
Sara Hysaro

4/16/2015
Yeah, I would definitely appreciate it if the green marker would come back for completed plans. I like the grey for stuff I haven't planned, but the green was a nice marker.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
+1 link
Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

4/17/2015
Sara Hysaro wrote:
Yeah, I would definitely appreciate it if the green marker would come back for completed plans. I like the grey for stuff I haven't planned, but the green was a nice marker.

This is an intentional change and part of something wider. Sorry chaps. You will hopefully forgive us when you see what else is coming!

--
0 link
xKiv
xKiv

4/17/2015
Lady Taimi Felix wrote:
If you've something written in the note space, clicking that allows you to edit it.

I didn't realize that the editbox goes away (and is replaced by something wieldlier) after putting in something and hitting update!

Maybe "edit this plan" should not be visible (or should be disabled) until that plan has had a note entered?

Hannah Flynn wrote:

This is an intentional change and part of something wider. Sorry chaps. You will hopefully forgive us when you see what else is coming!

Mmm. That's at least 30% of what I planned to use plans for (at least another 30% being "track a number of qualities/items without having to wait for Myself tab to load and then hunting for the quality/item in an interface not designed for searching for a particular thing by name or name fragment"). I now have a case of antici

(if this is good, then perhaps the only thing left for me to really want is being able to see current change points on all pyramidal qualities without having to spend an action on a specific storylet and hoping that the change won't roll over stat level)

pation.
edited by xKiv on 4/17/2015

--
https://www.fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/xKiv - a witchful, percussive, dangermous and shadowry scholar of coexplodence, hopsidirean, and walker of fallen kitties.
+1 link
dragonridingsorceress
dragonridingsorceress

4/18/2015
xKiv wrote:
Maybe "edit this plan" should not be visible (or should be disabled) until that plan has had a note entered?

But then how would you enter the note in the first place?

(Disclaimer: Its 2am here and I'm going to bed immediately after this post, so forgive anything foolish in my question.)

--

0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

4/18/2015
dragonridingsorceress wrote:
xKiv wrote:

But then how would you enter the note in the first place?

(Disclaimer: Its 2am here and I'm going to bed immediately after this post, so forgive anything foolish in my question.)

The note field is open by default if you have nothing entered.

--
0 link