Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

Where to find Letters for the Name-Which-Burns? Messages in this topic - RSS

phryne
phryne

3/20/2015
After having a few conversations with the Carnelian Exile, she now wants me to find my Name-Which-Burns. What?Whaaaaa?

I've never seen any reference to this anywhere in the game. The wiki says they exist, but not where you can find them. Could someone point me in the right direction, please?

--
Exceptional Stories, sorted by Season and by writerFavours & Renown GuideDestiny Guide
Go play StoryNexus games - while you still can!
0 link
Mr. Mister
Mr. Mister

3/21/2015
Judging by a requirement I couldn't meet I saw, some of the places you have to go are not places, to then go to the place that is not even that.

--
You cursed a traveller, and I ain't one if I'm not returning, you sodiung!

Fallen London profile
0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

3/21/2015
phryne wrote:
After having a few conversations with the Carnelian Exile, she now wants me to find my Name-Which-Burns. What?Whaaaaa?

I've never seen any reference to this anywhere in the game. The wiki says they exist, but not where you can find them. Could someone point me in the right direction, please?

Start with a F. That snowy place with all the terror. Make sure you have sailed off all four edges of the map beforehand.

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, cider, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
0 link
WormApotheote
WormApotheote

3/21/2015
You need a bit more than that. :P

The story in question is pretty involved and you should probably be careful about progressing in it unless you're ready.

--
No, I don't pull the Eater of Names.
+1 link
phryne
phryne

3/21/2015
Mr. Mister wrote:
Judging by a requirement I couldn't meet I saw, some of the places you have to go are not places, to then go to the place that is not even that.

Sorry, but if what you're saying does make any sense it's beyond me...

Estelle Knoht wrote:
Start with a F. That snowy place with all the terror. Make sure you have sailed off all four edges of the map beforehand.

OK, thank you. Not sure I want to do that though... East and West are not a problem, North is survivable, but South is very tough - making it safely back with 1 Hull. Guess I'll shelve this storylet until I've played through everything else wink

WormApotheote wrote:
The story in question is pretty involved and you should probably be careful about progressing in it unless you're ready.

Does it hurt your stats? I hate it when something hurts my stats!
edited by phryne on 3/21/2015

--
Exceptional Stories, sorted by Season and by writerFavours & Renown GuideDestiny Guide
Go play StoryNexus games - while you still can!
0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

3/21/2015
phryne wrote:

--
I currently do not accept any catbox, cider, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
+3 link
WormApotheote
WormApotheote

3/21/2015
phryne wrote:

WormApotheote wrote:

edited by phryne on 3/21/2015

For a more helpful but very spoilers answer:
[spoiler]
It unlocks one of the hidden ambitions, which will eventually lead to winning the game, but also will prevent you from passing down any stats or money to your next captain.

It also requires, in addition to having survived sailing off the maps edge in all directions, a Dread Surmise and a high amount of Yearning, Burning from trading sunlight. And probably a judgments egg so you can safely escape frostfound.

It damages your stats but you don't really need them for the rest of the ambition.
[/spoiler]

--
No, I don't pull the Eater of Names.
+1 link
RedRockRun
RedRockRun

3/27/2015
How do you sail West off the map? Is there an opening down by the Dawn Machine?
0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

3/27/2015
RedRockRun wrote:
How do you sail West off the map? Is there an opening down by the Dawn Machine?

Yes, there are gaps on both sides of the Dawn Machine (the outer spinning circles are actually not touching the see so you can sail through them)

--
0 link