Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

Bug or endgame reward? Messages in this topic - RSS

Xane
Xane

3/3/2015
So I've been playing sunless sea for a short time now and have just caught my stride. Found every island, have a solid route going, etc. As I've progressed, I worked to establish a spy network in the Carnelian Coast and, on a whim, I returned ownership to the tiger natives. Having done so, I collected a piece of intelligence to sell back home and decided to repair my network and collect one more bit of info. I waited a short time off the coast and piloted back to port with a new story waiting.

At this point, I believe something either went wrong with my copy of the game, or I have discovered the single best way to obtain money in the game. Every time I've tried to improve my network, I came upon the same opportunity: To use either a judgement egg or searing enigma to improve the network. Every time I've selected the enigma option, completely repairing my network at no cost, as the enigma isn't consumed. At which point, I collect my info, pilot a few feet out of the dock, lather, rince, and repeat.

So far, I've collected about three thousand echos after about 10 minutes, and it's cost me about 100. Am I exceedingly lucky while repairing my network? Is this a reward for those favoring the original owners? Either way, this certainly makes my wealth ambition much easier to achieve.
0 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

3/3/2015
When you're already a tiger, you don't really need to be anything else. "Tiger" is already an apex noun. It doesn't need embellishing. That said, -individual- tigers do get grand titles, but that's just them distinguishing themselves from other tigers - they already know they're better than everyone who isn't a tiger.

(Also, I love the detail that, if you return control of the Coast to the Banded Prince, his staff start wearing striped uniforms.)

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
+2 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

3/3/2015
Yep, that's a bug! I've reported that one myself, but nonetheless, it's a good idea to pop a bug report to sunlesssea@failbettergames.com with your current version number, and let them know it's affecting you.

--
+1 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

3/3/2015
I gotta say, trifling bugs like this aside, I adore the Carnelian Coast content. The Banded Prince, the competing empires, the whole story - just so cool!

--
+1 link