Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Sneak Peek. Shh! Don't tell! Messages in this topic - RSS

Abraham Bounty
Abraham Bounty

2/2/2012
Owlor wrote:
The tiger thing is the only thing I really mourn, I had so much fun pretending that an explorer jsut gave me a mysterious tiger. I cant really pretend that I collect volcanoes... wait a minute, its me we're talking about, of course I can imagine that...

Well, given the most expedient means of acquiring them, at least for me at the moment. You're not collecting them so much as crafting them. So if it helps, think of them as bonsai volcanoes that you have to cultivate.

--
News in the Neath: Noted citizen of Fallen London, Abraham Bounty, has acquired six hundred and sixty six souls. Additionally rumour has it that the lion's share of those souls was from a theft of The Brass Embasy itself. We are quite certain that this portents nothing ominous for him. Well, nothing unusually ominous anyway.
0 link
Patrick Reding
Patrick Reding

2/3/2012
I'll repeat a note I made on Facebook here:

The turtle would be lovely. That said, this is a lot of hype for just a handful of inventory items. In fact, I notice they all seem to be linked to factions! The tortoise for revolutionaries, the kitten for urchins, and the raven for tomb colonists are clear. I would guess the bloodhound is with the constables, and the mole with criminals (and thus also the constables, clearly). This all seems to imply something more is going on. What are you playing at here? My guess: These are pets that unlock through faction-specific storylines that add Connected when equipped.

--
http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Yana
+1 link
Early
Early

2/3/2012
Patrick Reding wrote:
I'll repeat a note I made on Facebook here:

The turtle would be lovely. That said, this is a lot of hype for just a handful of inventory items. In fact, I notice they all seem to be linked to factions! The tortoise for revolutionaries, the kitten for urchins, and the raven for tomb colonists are clear. I would guess the bloodhound is with the constables, and the mole with criminals (and thus also the constables, clearly). This all seems to imply something more is going on. What are you playing at here? My guess: These are pets that unlock through faction-specific storylines that add Connected when equipped.

Huh, that would be quite interesting. I can't think of it as very likely, though, just because it seems like a bit of a shot in the dark.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Early
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/3/2012
I was actually more interested in another part of the review...

"The upcoming update includes [...] social cliques to join and betray"

Are there any clique changes in sight, or was it referring to the already existing mechanics?

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
0 link
Alexis Kennedy
Alexis Kennedy

2/3/2012
We're hoping the next tranche of clique changes are weeks away. But we can't give a definite date.
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/3/2012
Alexis Kennedy wrote:
We're hoping the next tranche of clique changes are weeks away. But we can't give a definite date.

I'll stay tuned. Keep up the good work!

--
Blue's LiveJournal
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/8/2012
Addition: I just got a Hungover Terrier!

--
Blue's LiveJournal
0 link