Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Sneak Peek. Shh! Don't tell! Messages in this topic - RSS

Chris Gardiner
Chris Gardiner
Administrator

1/28/2012
Something special for the weekend crowd: a sneaky snippet of concept art for some upcoming content.

Who are these splendid creatures? Could they have something to do with a recent update that lets you rename certain things in your inventory? And what has that bloodhound seen that has scarred him so?

edited by Chris Gardiner on 1/28/2012
0 link
Urthdigger
Urthdigger

1/28/2012
I want that mole

--
Looking for second chances to maximize your loot output from those troublesome storylets? Check out our handy gang of volunteers in this thread, or even volunteer yourself!

@Urthdigger on twitter
0 link
Owlor
Owlor

1/29/2012
Hey is that Urthdigger in the lower part of the image? and the turtles are magnificent, I get the suddent urge to re-read "Turtle Diary" by Russell Hoban (quite an underrated book in my opinion).

--
"He never really loved her. Or her money. He wanted her secrets."
Jack Owlfisher's profile (@Owlor on twitter)
0 link
Endy
Endy

1/29/2012
very nice.

I need to keep a better eye on MisterArendt's page. :-)
edited by Endy on 1/29/2012

--
sonantem aeternum ad terram

Through the darker shadows.
0 link
brigidkeely
brigidkeely

1/29/2012
Wow! How lovely and intriguing.
0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

1/29/2012
Nice. But where's the Okapi?

--
Rupho Schartenhauer has killed a Master, well: most of it.
Cortez the Killer has killed a Master, definitely.
Deepdelver has begotten a star. It's... complicated.
Dr. Kvirkvelia, gone NORTH on 23/12/1894.
+1 link
Maurna Frost
Maurna Frost

1/29/2012
Ooh! New companions! Delightful! I do think the hound dog needs a house or at least a food bowl.

~MF
A Lady with pets

--
~MF

I greatly enjoy meeting delicious new friends and participating in deliciously exciting new adventures! Please feel free to drop a card to meet for dinner, exchange favors, give an interview, or any other activity that comes to mind. I DO particpate in exchanges requiring Fate, BUT you must contact me first; twitter, facebook, or here on the forums via PM.

Note: I am currently exchanging parcels with a large number of dear friends and my parcel opportunities are rare. I am always willing to exchange but your rate of return may be rather slow. To find others to exchange with I recommend the Starveling list.
0 link
Abraham Bounty
Abraham Bounty

1/29/2012
Wieland Burandt wrote:

The Okapi is watching you. Judging you. All fear the Overokapi.

--
News in the Neath: Noted citizen of Fallen London, Abraham Bounty, has acquired six hundred and sixty six souls. Additionally rumour has it that the lion's share of those souls was from a theft of The Brass Embasy itself. We are quite certain that this portents nothing ominous for him. Well, nothing unusually ominous anyway.
+1 link
Nigel Overstreet
Nigel Overstreet

1/30/2012
Abraham Bounty wrote:
Wieland Burandt wrote:

The streets are watching you. All fear the Overstreet!

The hound doesn't look frightened, he looks determined and judgmental.

--
The Romantic Egotist: Most Hedonistic Man in All of Fallen London
Are you or someone you know Overgoated? Please, let me know!

Cider Club
+1 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

1/30/2012
Nigel Overstreet wrote:
Abraham Bounty wrote:
Wieland Burandt wrote:

The streets are watching you. All fear the Overstreet!

The hound doesn't look frightened, he looks determined and judgmental.

Fallen London's new economy rules are watching you. All fear the Overcharge!

The hound reminds me of a grumpy old dog showing disappoint in the behaviour of youngsters. He's got the typical "In my times..." look XD
edited by streetfelineblue on 1/30/2012

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
+1 link
Patrick Reding
Patrick Reding

1/30/2012
I've been noticing a lot of new art lately. I suppose this is either connected to the upcoming content or an attempt to make the artistic theme more consistent.

Also, my Brilliant Souls are blue now. Clearly I must find them a warmer shelf.

--
http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Yana
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

1/30/2012
...And Deep Amber strangely resembles a pear now O_o On the other side, the new icon for Amanita Sherry ROCKS!

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
0 link
KatarinaNavane
KatarinaNavane

1/30/2012
Warm amber and Trembling amber have changed colors as well, as have certain books. Also, the icon for the cheerful goldfish has changed. And weren't Mysteries of the Elder Continent tiger faces before? Now they're volcanoes.

--
Storynexus sn Katarina Navane.

My art page (much of which is dark, Victorian, and/or full of tentacles): http://www.facebook.com/demonkittydesigns
0 link
Owlor
Owlor

1/30/2012
KatarinaNavane wrote:
Warm amber and Trembling amber have changed colors as well, as have certain books. Also, the icon for the cheerful goldfish has changed. And weren't Mysteries of the Elder Continent tiger faces before? Now they're volcanoes.

The tiger thing is the only thing I really mourn, I had so much fun pretending that an explorer jsut gave me a mysterious tiger. I cant really pretend that I collect volcanoes... wait a minute, its me we're talking about, of course I can imagine that...

--
"He never really loved her. Or her money. He wanted her secrets."
Jack Owlfisher's profile (@Owlor on twitter)
0 link
T WO Chandler
T WO Chandler

1/31/2012
Owlor wrote:
KatarinaNavane wrote:

The tiger thing is the only thing I really mourn, I had so much fun pretending that an explorer jsut gave me a mysterious tiger. I cant really pretend that I collect volcanoes... wait a minute, its me we're talking about, of course I can imagine that...

Judging by the sorts of things that have found their way into my pockets in the past, neither tigers nor volcanoes strike me as particularly unusual things to collect.

--
For secrets are their own reward.
0 link
Chris Gardiner
Chris Gardiner
Administrator

2/1/2012
The Escapist have a little more information and some finished art over here. Take a look!
0 link
Branden Linton
Branden Linton

2/1/2012
Chris Gardiner wrote:
The Escapist have a little more information and some finished art over here. Take a look!

I just saw the article when exactly are these pets dropping?

--
Brom Girvan: a man of shadows and secrets. http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Brom~Girvan
0 link
Patrick Reding
Patrick Reding

2/1/2012
I despise how entertainment news of all sorts tends to thinly-veiled advertising in lieu of sincere, critical review. But that turtle's charming, at least.

--
http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Yana
+1 link
Dave
Dave

2/2/2012
Chris Gardiner wrote:

I remember sidebar text explaining that 'neathy ravens are white - is that a surface raven then? Bah. I'd much prefer a 'neath parrot, from across the zee. With an eyepatch. That helps with zailing.

The turtle on the other hand looks to be a fine stalwart companion.

--
The Dave, a terrifying, lethal, inescapable and sagacious gentleman
0 link
Felicity Chase
Felicity Chase

2/2/2012
Chris Gardiner wrote:

This week!? You certainly know how to tantalize us.

--
@FelicityChase
Currently accepting: Almost all social actions. But please don't send me invitations to private dinners. And Nightmares may take a very long time to accept, unless you're willing to take some of mine in return.
0 link