Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

KNIFE AND CANDLE: The Underground Leagues Messages in this topic - RSS

Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)
Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)

3/18/2013
[THE ACTIVITY ORIGINALLY DISCUSSED IN THIS POST IS AN ILLEGAL MYTH. GO ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS.]
edited by Mr Iron on 3/18/2013

--
Social Actions: send them to Kade Carrion (she/her; no Tournament of Lilies, please). an_ocelot has gone NORTH and cannot benefit from social actions!

Possibly-Useful Things: Spreadsheets and hints and link collections, oh my.
+7 link
Spacemarine9
Spacemarine9

3/19/2013
I guess being Ironed is better than being Eaten

--
my rats will blot out the sun
Ratgames
FL lore/mechanics questions and answers
#FallenLondon IRC (irc.synirc.net) Channel! Click to join via Mibbit.
#SunlessSea IRC channel! Like the above, but zee-ier.
+11 link
Zeedee
Zeedee

4/6/2013
Please stop dogpiling the newest members. If you're into being stabby stabby with others, go back at least 4 pages to find a dance partner. Otherwise, we'll end up with a slew of frustrated people gaining 1 Token, losing it within 12 hours, asking for another on this thread, and rinse repeat to infinity.

Alternatively, change the system to give new members 2-3 Tokens with an invite rather than 1 from now on.
edited by Zeedee on 4/6/2013

--
Please do not send me monstrous invitations tinged with the inks of the undernight or Boxed Cats. (I rotate my Starveling list, so it might take me a while to reach your name. I haven't forgotten anyone!)
+6 link
Aldeberan23
Aldeberan23

4/7/2013
I seem to recall that when this was a more sanctioned activity that it was a gentleman's game. One did not attack a particular player more than once in the span of twenty-four hours. Or am I misremembering the past with a rosy coloring it did not possess? Certainly no such arrangement exists today. I assailed a particular player and naturally expected a response in kind. Instead, they attacked me three times within the span of a single minute. That left me with one token, and before another could be dropped through my letterbox I was eliminated from the game. Disappointing.
+4 link
Anstruther Barron
Anstruther Barron

3/18/2013
an_ocelot wrote:
[THE ACTIVITY ORIGINALLY DISCUSSED IN THIS POST IS AN ILLEGAL MYTH. GO ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS.]
edited by Mr Iron on 3/18/2013

Clearly some circumspection is required.

If one hypothetically wanted to perhaps discuss the finer points of surgery, maybe in a unconventional setting such as back alleys or rooftops, you could possibly post your username. Then those who wished to convene to chat about those affairs might make themselves known to you, in a completely legal manner of course.
edited by Anstruther Barron on 3/18/2013

--
http://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Anstruther~Barron
+4 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

1/19/2016
I thought I'd put it out here as a service for newer players that the access code which gives you 3 Tokens is still working...

--
Old hand, still occasionally playing.
+3 link
NiteBrite
NiteBrite

1/20/2016
It is possible to beat the odds and take a bit of the luck out. To get a 100% chance of victory, you have to be the one who makes the final attack, and your attack stat must be double your opponents stat. Getting double stats usually means you boost a stat twice and it's the stat your opponent is weak in (ex 120 vs 60). Your opponent practically has to be asleep at the wheel for this to happen really, but it is possible. If you are on the defensive however, you are always at the mercy of the RNG no matter how good your stats are.

This may or may not help you, but it's good to note if you ever plan to do some consensual token passing within your friend group, say to stay just under 20 prize tokens so you always benefit from the living story.
edited by NiteBrite on 1/20/2016

--
I AM currently accepting calling cards.
Stats loss counter: reset, irrigo equivalent: none
[00:34] <@ortab> NiteBrite's laugh is that of a condemned soul gazing into the abyss.
Merciless Modiste avatar by Paul Arendt (based on an original image by Joe England)
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/TheBriteModiste
+3 link
Pyrodinium
Pyrodinium

12/10/2015
Is there a way for two or more moon league players to grind for prize tokens and all of them walk away with a sweet Waxwail knife? I'm game to join a group doing that strategy.

--
My profiles: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Pyrodinium
(A Monster hunter on the hunt of his twin brother's killer. Overprotective dad of his twin's daughter)
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Rudolph~of~Taured
(an indeterminate person of potentially rubbery lineage)
* All social actions except photographers and loitering welcome!
+3 link
NiteBrite
NiteBrite

4/16/2016
Knife and candle, man, this thread is like my origin story. My very first post on these forums was in this thread, http://community.failbettergames.com/topic1632-knife-and-candle-the-underground-leagues.aspx?Page=5#post25166 and I was super active during its heyday to boot. I'm glad its finally going to get the revamp it needs and deserves.

[spoiler]It was also an important part of Seeking, if you know what I mean ;-)[/spoiler]

--
[00:34] <@ortab> NiteBrite's laugh is that of a condemned soul gazing into the abyss.
Merciless Modiste avatar by Paul Arendt (based on an original image by Joe England)
+2 link
Axilar
Axilar

4/6/2013
Aximillio wrote:
May I ask your SN Identity?

Oh. You'd think after all the identity-related discussions around here I'd remember to sign my posts.

It's Axilar, same as my forum name.

--
Axilar
+2 link
suinicide
suinicide

5/16/2017
I am most certainly not involved in any illegal activities, but if I were I would tell you said activities, and their rewards, are on break.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
+2 link
PetulantProcrastinator
PetulantProcrastinator

3/18/2013
Aye, I think that's one of the rewards, though I presume there's others too and that's just a possible gain.

Also on an absolutely unrelated note I'm starting a club for wax enthusiasts. I'm thinking we can have badges or tokens or something to differentiate ourselves from others. Anyway if anybody wants to join my club just send me a pm and leave your storynexus profile and we can discuss the higher points of wax and it's many uses.
+2 link
Vann Lee
Vann Lee

5/7/2013
Don't like the new challenge system for moon league, seems like everyone just rejects requests now and then sends you their own since being the attacker is infinitely better.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Vann~William~Robert~Lee
http://www.facebook.com/AshGaidin
+2 link
Sara Hysaro
Sara Hysaro

4/7/2013
Knife-and-Candle used to be official. There isn't currently an official game of Knife-and-Candle, so it's understandable that imitations may not hold the same rules.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
+2 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/26/2014
Sara Hysaro wrote:
Cards don't give Senses of Urgency. Instead you'll get those every few days automatically. Openings can be found on A Little Omen (Watchful 10), A Dusty Bookshop (Watchful 10), the Western Tower (Brass Embassy Key needed), The Lofty Tower (Premises at the Bazaar), the Tower of Sun and Moon (Reservation at the Royal Beth), The Soft-Hearted Widow (POSI), and an Implausible Penance (Connected: Criminals 10).

And on A Polite Invitation too. One thing I learned the hard way - always use the Sense of Urgency storylet first, because using a card when you have it will remove it anyway(unless it was a now-corrected bug ^^).

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
+2 link
Alexis Kennedy
Alexis Kennedy

4/3/2013
I am delighted to announce that these seven characters have been particularly successful in the Underground Leagues. I am certain you will all give them the attention they deserve.

M_L_G
SleepyOrigami (NiteBrite)
Hamete Grey (Hamete)
Sara Hysaro
wholahoop (Lady Red)
Dolan
Sabaki

We will continue to publish the names of very successful players at very irregular intervals.
+2 link
Alexis Kennedy
Alexis Kennedy

4/9/2013
Spacemarine9 wrote:
and just what is an iron knife token made of???

Knives.
+2 link
draperha
draperha

4/12/2013
Erikpan wrote:
I'm not sure how the etiquette works here

It's pretty simple - once you have your token collection built up you're required by the rules of etiquette to offer yourself up as a sacrificial murder victim to at least 3 other players.
+2 link
Aximillio
Aximillio

4/6/2013
Lady Red wrote:
I am pretty sure that players don't show up as available to attack until they've chosen a form. So for those who are new, don't just choose a form as soon as you get one of the form-choosing cards in your hand - keep hold of the card, and wait until you have one or two more before you do. You get a delivery of one every 24 hours.

Hence why I'm no longer attacked at all, but still can give out tokens =)

Edit: Sent one to EdRolison
Another one: Altpost to quinninawaistcoat
edited by Aximillio on 4/6/2013

--
Possibly returned after a long hiatus. Please do not send live rats or tournament requests.
+2 link
Amélie Vaincœur
Amélie Vaincœur

3/19/2013
Corran wrote:

But am I to understand there is a new pastime in London for those interestested in cutting implements and wax?

Officially, no.

--
Enchantée.
An occasional player's long and winding road to Paramount Presence:
27/09/2017 - London's Blood
29/12/2018 - London's Nerves
11/02/2019 - London's Marrow
+2 link
Amélie Vaincœur
Amélie Vaincœur

1/19/2016
Having it happen twice in such a short time is rather unlucky, but yes -- luck always plays a part.

Speaking of bad luck, I haven't won a duel in forever, especially as attacker. Meaning, you can attack me (in the Moon League) if you want. Regarding my recent form, I could be easy pickings - but it's about time my luck turns! wink
edited by Amélie Vaincœur on 1/19/2016

--
Enchantée.
An occasional player's long and winding road to Paramount Presence:
27/09/2017 - London's Blood
29/12/2018 - London's Nerves
11/02/2019 - London's Marrow
+2 link
Spacemarine9
Spacemarine9

4/1/2013
social actions are still wonky and weird and give the wrong message 99% of the time

--
Ratgames
+2 link
okmujnyhb
okmujnyhb

2/4/2016
Anyone up for a hunt in the Moon League? That would be nice.

--
My main: https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/okmujnyhb
My (Seeking) Alt: http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Melissa%20Edgecombe [GONE NORTH]
Social actions welcome, excepting Suspicious Loitering and Affluent Photographer
+2 link
Fred Mouse
Fred Mouse

5/15/2015
I'm totally not looking for others to play this non-existent, patently ridiculous game with. Perish the thought.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Fred_Mouse
+2 link
Sackville
Sackville

11/13/2013
Some opportunity cards (high level lodgings, a polite invitation, the soft-hearted widow, some others...) will give you an opening, which is an option that will move you to a K&C storylet where you can either change your form or select another cutlery & chandlering enthusiast from your friends list to attack (similar to choosing someone for any other social action).

If none of these cards are available to you, you'll still receive A Sense of Urgency every three days that can be used for a K&C opening in pretty much the same way. The only difference is that it's on a storylet that's available as long as you have the item and not a card.
+2 link
Sir Joseph Marlen
Sir Joseph Marlen

2/19/2016
Should anyone feel inclined to challenge me to a battle in the Moon Leagues, I'd be happy to oblige. I'm also looking to raise my Assassin of Assassins quality (currently at 0) to 5 to get the Listing Tower. Best of luck!

--
Sir Joseph Marlen - The Romantic Sophist
Alexus Harven - The Defiant Fatalist
Rose Reinhelm - The Respectful Revolutionary
Cappuccino - The Perfidious Spycraft

Available for any and all social actions.
+1 link
Parelle
Parelle

3/12/2016
I think I would like to dabble in this game I know not of. If you can spare a token, I would appreciate it.
[Many thanks Captain de Witte!]
edited by Parelle on 3/12/2016

--
Parelle, Lady Joseph Marlen. The Singular Librarian. A Midnighter, a Player of the Marvelous.
pages from a dusty bookshop: a badly updated FL changelog | Useful Guidance and Explanations
+1 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

4/16/2016
Knife and Candle is going on hiatus, effective Monday.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi!

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+1 link
Kaigen
Kaigen

9/11/2015
Silence is Golden, and I am in need of someone to share the Silence with me on a Hunt.

ETA: I have found my Hunt.
edited by Kaigen on 9/16/2015

--
Just a simple doctor with a chess habit. Publisher of The Flit Dispatch.

"One must remember that the impossible is, alas, always possible."
-Jacques Derrida
+1 link
Demoncrat
Demoncrat

5/19/2015
I am seeking a club of like-minded individuals with whom to share my interest in romantic lighting and fine cutlery. Should any delicious friends see fit to share an invitation for such company, I would be most obliged and absolutely would not stab them repeatedly at the first opportunity.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Demoncrat
edited by Demoncrat on 5/19/2015

--
http://www.fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Demoncrat
+1 link
Spacemarine9
Spacemarine9

4/9/2013
where does knives lie on the periodic table

--
Ratgames
+1 link
Spacemarine9
Spacemarine9

12/6/2013
it was me. i won it, because i said so. so there.

--
Ratgames
+1 link
Spacemarine9
Spacemarine9

7/20/2013
I think the living story system in general snapped in half about a week or two ago and some things are still enjambed somewhere in the system

--
Ratgames
+1 link
Spacemarine9
Spacemarine9

4/4/2013
You can get more than 3 tokens by murdering people. But shrouds aren't for sale any more, because some industriously murderous people got ten tokens and bought them all from the Hill. I think the list of seven "very successful" people is the list of said TRUE DOOM MURDERHEADS

here i made a chart cobbled together out of old and new exotica and other k&c related garbage to show the true state of affairs
edited by Spacemarine9 on 4/4/2013
edited by Spacemarine9 on 4/4/2013

--
Ratgames
+1 link
Spacemarine9
Spacemarine9

4/1/2013
I think the point is that there's only supposed to be 100 in circulation, much like how there's supposed to be only seven Shrouds of Little Midnights. Adding another one would be cheating, I think! Figure out who has a box and Mirrorsnatch them. When one of the cards show up. After a million years.
The boost the Box gives is pretty minor but could definitely give you an edge of some sort. If it's not stolen. Which it almost certainly will be, eventually.
edited by Spacemarine9 on 4/1/2013

--
Ratgames
+1 link

12/10/2015
Pyrodinium wrote:
Is there a way for two or more moon league players to grind for prize tokens and all of them walk away with a sweet Waxwail knife? I'm game to join a group doing that strategy.

That's funny, I was looking into the exact same thing. Consider me in.
  • +1 link
    Corran
    Corran

3/19/2013
    I am far away on the island of Hunter's Keep, toiling to be able to afford a creature that guards against American patent lawyers called George.

But am I to understand there is a new pastime in London for those interestested in cutting implements and wax?

--
    My Fallen London profile
    +1 link
    lady ciel
    lady ciel

10/7/2013
    I don't know if anybody else was having a problem. Only the person I was duelling said anything here. I'm sure if it had been everyone there would have been a lot of comments.

Welcome back to the Moon League. Happy stabbingsmile

--
    ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
    +1 link
    friendshipranger
    friendshipranger

4/10/2013
    Spacemarine9 wrote:

Underneath Fish and above Determination.
    edited by friendshipranger on 4/10/2013

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/J.L.%20Moriarty
    +1 link
    Playersideblog
    Playersideblog

4/26/2013
    Whispie the Tender wrote:
    I, too, have become a slave to my curiosity. If one would assist me with this vice, I would be ever the grateful.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jacqueline~L~Simon

Incidently, I am also looking for one who would not complain if I were to pass him a cat, nor would I complain if one was passed to me.

edited by Jacqueline L Simon on 4/26/2013

You should definitely not expect a token in your message box, because that would be illegal. smile

--
    My profile

I am now a Correspondent, and no longer able to accept invitations as an Author. (Or so I believe.)
    +1 link
    David
    David

4/10/2013
    Spacemarine9 wrote:

You'll only find it there on alternating Mondays, between 11:17 am and 12:04 pm. That's what the "periodic" in the name means, I think.
    +1 link
    Loon
    Loon

3/20/2013
    Inpiun, you are now sponsored to join this unremarkable and law-abiding little club. I will be able to sponsor one other person on Friday night. That person should write here or pm me. Not that there is anything interesting about this little club...

--
    My main character Krawald can be found at http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Krawald and welcomes all social actions bar photographers.

My alt Loogan Cuthoat can be found at http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Loogan~Cuthoat and welcomes all social actions bar cats and photographers.

My alt Ally Mooney can be found at http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ally~Mooney and welcomes all social actions including patronage, though they are a bit confused by cats in boxes.
    +1 link
    Aximillio
    Aximillio

4/3/2013
    Sent to howard

--
    Possibly returned after a long hiatus. Please do not send live rats or tournament requests.
    +1 link
    Aximillio
    Aximillio

3/20/2013
    The Attending to the Needs of a Singular Plant quality gives you an option to get additional heads. I have no clue about K&C.

--
    +1 link
    Little The
    Little The

3/18/2013
    Hm, interesting. The first season ended before I was high enough level to participate, so I suppose I might be interested, for the novelty if nothing else. Forgive me for being materialistic, but is there anything special to gain from this endeavour?
    edited by Little The on 3/18/2013

--
    A gentleman of numerous descriptors that change far too often. Second chance and menace reduction invites are welcome.

My journey to Seek the Name is recorded for posterity here. I asked "Who is Salt?"

I am a member of the Temple Club. If you would like an invitation, feel free to request one!

Fallen London is a game of choices. When you make an important one, you can record your rationale here.
    +1 link
    Little The
    Little The

3/19/2013
    Amélie Vaincœur wrote:

I would if I knew how.

[IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.]
    edited by Mr Iron on 3/19/2013

--
    A gentleman of numerous descriptors that change far too often. Second chance and menace reduction invites are welcome.

My journey to Seek the Name is recorded for posterity here. I asked "Who is Salt?"

I am a member of the Temple Club. If you would like an invitation, feel free to request one!

Fallen London is a game of choices. When you make an important one, you can record your rationale here.
    +1 link
    Catherine Raymond
    Catherine Raymond

3/19/2013
    Hex wrote:
    KatarinaNavane wrote:
    An obviously unrelated Entry to this clearly wax- based thread, but how did knife and candle used to work? I started playing just before the last 'Season' ended, so I never experienced it. I know it's some manner of pvp system, but besides that very little. Also, what are all these counterfeit heads of John the Baptist for?

Same. I was never fortunate enough to experience myself but it all sounds dreadfully exciting

If you had a counterfeit head of John the Baptist, it would give you a Whispered Secret each time you made a Knife-and-Candle kill.

--
    Cathy Raymond
    http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
    +1 link
    Lady Red
    Lady Red

4/6/2013
    I am pretty sure that players don't show up as available to attack until they've chosen a form. So for those who are new, don't just choose a form as soon as you get one of the form-choosing cards in your hand - keep hold of the card, and wait until you have one or two more tokens before you do. You get a delivery of one every 24 hours.
    edited by Lady Red on 4/6/2013

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lady~Red
    +1 link
    Jack Vaux-Harrowden
    Jack Vaux-Harrowden

3/27/2013
    Curses wrote:
    Sorry about not being able to be sent invites, it must have been due to my little encounter with death. Now that I've sorted that out, hopefully I'll be able to receive invitations. My Story Nexus name is JohnathanBlackw. Most sincerest of thanks.

Sent.

EDIT:

AmazingOnionMan wrote:
    A widow told me of this deliciously innocent little club.
    Would someone be kind enough to whisper me the secret words?

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/AmazingOnionMan

eggbertsteve wrote:
    As rusty as my needlework has become during my long break, I'm quite eager to jump back into the thick of things. If any of you fine ladies or gentlemen (or others) were to let me into your lovely club, I'd much appreciate it.
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/eggbertsteve

Sent to these addresses as well.
    edited by Jack Vaux-Harrowden on 3/27/2013
    +1 link
    Jacob Elliott
    Jacob Elliott

4/5/2013
    DANG IT! I FELL ASLEEP FOR ONE SECOND AND WAKE UP TO FIND MY COIN HAS LEFT MY POCKET! I have zero coins now... will I be able to retrieve one in the morning or am I forced to quit for now? Or do I have to ask for help again....
    +1 link
    Malgorath
    Malgorath

10/31/2013
    I'm not sure. I would have assumed you would need to accept the attack. Also, you beat me twice and it says I got a message from you, but I can't find it's contents anywhere.

--
    Phil - TRAVELLER RETURNING

Malgorath - A new member of the Neath.
    +1 link
    protonsinthedark
    protonsinthedark

3/21/2013
    I seem to have come into possession of a token, so I suppose I have also become a member of this Unofficial Society for the Appreciation of Lanterns and Cutlery.

--
    Mio, a midnight, sinister, irresistible, and breathtaking lady of mysterious origins.
    Calling cards, social actions, menace reduction requests, and newspaper interviews (Nemesis ambition) welcome. No boxed cats or Affluent Photographer requests please.
    Other Characters:
    tinyassassin, an orphan trained as an assassin, currently hunting the Vake.
    Alexandre and Adriana, a pair of hedonistic twins betting their souls on the Marvellous...if they don't lose them to the devils first.
    +1 link
    babelfishwars
    babelfishwars
    Administrator

8/19/2013
    ricecooker wrote:
    Newly arrived in Fallen London, and looking to acquire an invitation to the Game of Knife and Candle~ Any help would be much appreciated!
    Ricecooker

• done

• --
    Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
    +1 link
    babelfishwars
    babelfishwars
    Administrator

10/7/2013
    streetfelineblue wrote:
    lady ciel wrote:
    I don't know if anybody else was having a problem. Only the person I was duelling said anything here. I'm sure if it had been everyone there would have been a lot of comments.

Welcome back to the Moon League. Happy stabbingsmile

Yay thanks!

babelfishwars wrote:
    lady ciel wrote:
    It is now fixed. I would love to know what went wrong but I guess only Alexis knows.

Mister Irons was annoyed. To soothe him Alexis gave him a private tour of an otherwise inaccessible coil of the zoo. What a nice tiger, so selfless and generous with his time when he has so many ... residents ... to feed. Perhaps they went hungry.

We made them hungry! Oh no! THE GUILT.

Mister Irons was not annoyed. Mister Irons does not know about the Leagues. Mister Irons is not involved in the Leagues. We are not involved in the Leagues. There are no Leagues.

Oh his annoyance was entirely separate from that which is not happening. It was just a fortuitous coincidence that a soothing (and a hunger) occurred along with an enabling.

--
    Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
    +1 link

3/18/2013
    I find myself fascinated by wax, and therefore would love to join your club, PP. I feel my stats may not be high enough to fully appreciate the finer points of the substance as of yet, though.

--
    Fallen London profile

@echo_avatar on Twitter.

I'm a sociable lady, and welcome social actions.
    +1 link
    Jack Blackstone
    Jack Blackstone

4/7/2013
    Like the rest of the rabble Jack Blackstone wishes for a token for a little fun.

--
    http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Jack~Blackstone
    +1 link
    streetfelineblue
    streetfelineblue

6/10/2014
    JadeLiCat wrote:
    May I also kindly request an invitation? I am rather interested in sharp things.

Sent!

A question to all - what's exactly the Prize Tokens cap to receive the monthly distribution,19 or 20?

--
    Blue's LiveJournal
    Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
    +1 link
    streetfelineblue
    streetfelineblue

10/17/2013
    Adrian Lallatin wrote:
    I would like a re-admittance to the Knife and Candle, as I have recently beat Charon in dice and have no tokens....If someone could help me that would be greatly appreciated....

• Despite adding you this morning to my Friends list, I still can't see you in the top-down list of eligible recipients of Iron Knife Tokens O_o Anyway, as of now you can just go to the Gamekeeper's Cottage in Watchmaker's Hill and buy an invitation for 101 Whispered Secrets (I think).

--
    Blue's LiveJournal
    +1 link
    Aximillio
    Aximillio

5/24/2013
    You can only have one at a time.

--
    +1 link
    Sara Hysaro
    Sara Hysaro

6/6/2014
    I think it's because you've never chosen a form. I've gotten a living story message after changing forms, though occasionally I get prize tokens for seemingly no reason. Either way picking a form should eventually fix your issue.

--
    Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

+1 link
    Sara Hysaro
    Sara Hysaro

4/7/2013
    Could I have a token? People keep ganging up on me.

--

+1 link
    Sara Hysaro
    Sara Hysaro

5/19/2016
    Knife and Candle is on a hiatus.

--

+1 link
    Zeedee
    Zeedee

4/1/2013
    Spacemarine9 wrote:
    goddammit i don't have any fancy items any more stop trying to fleece me, literally everyone

LMAO for days! Wax collecting is serious business.

I wonder how many people ambushed Alexis.
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Alexis~Kennedy
    His Mirrorcatch Box is gone, or at least it's no longer displayed as his mantelpiece. Darn, I wanted to take it myself... Alexis, please replenish your supply for the sake of those who wish to merrily rob you.

--
    Please do not send me monstrous invitations tinged with the inks of the undernight or Boxed Cats. (I rotate my Starveling list, so it might take me a while to reach your name. I haven't forgotten anyone!)
    +1 link
    Zeedee
    Zeedee

3/18/2013
    Mirrorcatch Boxes?

http://about.failbettergames.com/2013/03/10/how-to-solve-a-river/

--
    +1 link
    dov
    dov

10/27/2018
    Unfortunately, the game of Knife and Candle has been on hiatus for a long long time.

Hopefully it will return in some form sometime.

--
    Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
    (Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
    +1 link
    PetulantProcrastinator
    PetulantProcrastinator

3/19/2013
    I find myself fascinated by wax, and therefore would love to join your club, PP. I feel my stats may not be high enough to fully appreciate the finer points of the substance as of yet, though.

The club is not one to discriminate, all are welcome to try and see if it's to their fancy.

But my my, when tracking you down to give you the token of membership I suddenly realised you were already a part of it, so unless someone else is very similar to you even down to your name it looks like you don't need my help.
    +1 link
    PetulantProcrastinator
    PetulantProcrastinator

3/19/2013
    Catherine Raymond wrote:
    PetulantProcrastinator wrote:
    I'm not sure because I was too low level to take part but I don't think it was possible to get more than one exotica. Or at least very very hard to do so.

It was very possible, and easiest of all if you were actually playing. I got my first one (a head of you-know-who) from a random Opportunity card before I ever signed up for K&C.

H-uh, I know the first one was really easy to get but I thought that getting one stopped you from getting the opportunity card for a different one (although I'm basing this on the fact that I remember getting the opportunity card really early on but then never getting another).
    My mistake.
    +1 link
    Ed Rolison
    Ed Rolison

4/14/2013
    Vastra Ludlow wrote:
    I also take an interest in this most curious sport. Alas, none of my aquaintances feels the same. Feel free to contact me, my dears.

I'm afraid I couldn't send one your way. Are you perhaps somewhere difficulty to reach?

Ambrose66 wrote:
    I would love to take part in this totally legal and harmless pastime.
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ambrose66

You've a token awaiting your attention.
    +1 link
    Aldeberan23
    Aldeberan23

3/20/2013
    I think Londoners could obtain one and only one of the exotica from a card, and acquire more playing K&C by killing someone and taking theirs. I can't recall if I ever had more than one of each exotica at any given moment, though.
    +1 link
    NiteBrite
    NiteBrite

3/31/2013
    I have a token, but I need more friends to participate with in this game. Would anyone care to add a midnight, sinister, terrifying and lethal lady to their friends list?
    edited by NiteBrite on 3/31/2013

--
    +1 link
    NiteBrite
    NiteBrite

4/28/2013
    You can use your daily sense of urgency, which comes with the token delivery. Which now that I think about it, is a really nice way to get new players to wait until token delivery to pick a form so they have at least two tokens.

--
    +1 link
    NiteBrite
    NiteBrite

4/26/2013
    Tokens sent to Eric Vimes, Alexander Fuentes, Vann William Robert Lee, emilygracecole, matt hurt, valentineb jericho, braindamaged, ladymadsci, sab_sprinkles, and diablo.

Please check your messages for token invitations. Everyone above this post either has a token already or isn't available for social action as far as I can tell.

I've almost given away all my tokens, so I might get one more batch of players after this and then I'll be retired.

--
    +1 link
    Lemexis
    Lemexis

9/3/2015
    Come at me, you filthy little things !

I would also like to take this opportunity to remind everybody that you need to put a link to your profile somewhere in your post.
    Nothing is more frustrating than not being able to stab players simply because they forgot to link to their ingame profile...
    Please correct these mistakes so that I may kindly feast on your blood.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lemexis

Feed me your most terrible secrets
    +1 link
    Monsieur Dummour
    Monsieur Dummour

3/16/2016
    I will gladly accept any potential Moon League murderers.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Monsieur%20Dummour
    +1 link
    Harlocke
    Harlocke

4/16/2016
    I would appreciate an invitation, if anyone has one available. Perhaps I can win a prize or two before it goes on hiatus Monday.

--
    I welcome social actions, and can visit your salon as an author.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Harlocke
    +1 link
    Appolonia
    Appolonia

3/25/2016
  • I am currently tremendously fascinated by candles and their potentially ritualistic uses. I would be singularly delighted to speak to those who have information, and would not mind if you killed me in the process. (Should such a thing even be a possibility, and I admit I know very little, but I have happened upon a little iron knife, and am hoping that will open a door.) At any rate, I would welcome contact and perhaps mentorship? Or just coffee and conversation. Or even chess or sparring and conversation if such things are best spoken of privately. If you are having trouble winning, I am surely a very easy mark.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Appolonia%20VonRavenscroft
  • +1 link
    The Absurd Rogue
    The Absurd Rogue

2/12/2016
    If thy mind is made up, I am accepting challenges in the Moon Leagues. Tread carefully.

--
    "There is never another story. There is only one, and I try to tell it with every page. I fail, and I try again. There are no new stories; I have this one."
    -S.N

RemainProfane#2532
    +1 link
    Mr. Secrets
    Mr. Secrets

4/20/2016
    So if, for instance, the game of knife and candle (which most certainly doesn't exist) were to for some reason stop...and one were to still possess prize tokens of said game (which does not exist) would these twice non-existent prize tokens disappear if not used within a certain time? Or can I simply hoard the tokens, that do not exist, until the third season to acquire a wax-wail knife?

--
    Mr. Secrets - We Are In Our Ascendance. There Will Be Ten And Then All Shall Be Well And All Shall Be Well And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well.

The Straveling Solider - The Straveling Soldier, The Straveling Soldier hates and hates the beings Solar.
    +1 link
    Wiwo
    Wiwo

4/21/2016
    ShroudedInLight wrote:
    So if, for instance, the game of knife and candle (which most certainly doesn't exist) were to for some reason stop...and one were to still possess prize tokens of said game (which does not exist) would these twice non-existent prize tokens disappear if not used within a certain time? Or can I simply hoard the tokens, that do not exist, until the third season to acquire a wax-wail knife?

I don't think a straight answer has been given on this yet. It's entirely possible that there hasn't actually been a decision made on it yet. I doubt the tokens will disappear outright, though. Worst case, you'll probably be left with an interesting relic for your mantelpiece.

--
    Wiwo. Almost certainly not a squid in a cunningly tailored suit. Surely.

Care for some cider? Here's how to ask me for some. Strange pranks strongly preferred.

Care to pet a Heptagoat? Too bad. It doesn't do anything (probably).

I'm a Correspondent and would be delighted to lecture at your orphanage.
    +1 link
    Qube
    Qube

5/16/2017
    ...goodness, there's nearly a year's worth of dust on this cot- thread.

good morning/evening, to anyone who reads this, I seem to have, ah, "misplaced" a few items, and have been having the absolute devil of a time "finding" them. if anyone would be willing to help me "look", well, I'd be most grateful.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Qube

Rat-Catcher by profession, treasure-seeker by diversion. No depth too low, no height untouchable. Send me your catboxes, I need them for catching rats. Don't ask how. Trade secret.

Gloria In Latrones
    +1 link
    Cookoo
    Cookoo

4/4/2013
    Ah, thank you. I will be sure to return the generosity to others when my resources allow it.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cookoo

A hunter, of sorts.
    +1 link
    Cookoo
    Cookoo

4/7/2013
    Sent one to Zharend. I wish you luck!

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cookoo

A hunter, of sorts.
    +1 link
    Zharend
    Zharend

2/5/2016
    Available for hunts in the Moon League if any are interested.
    edited by Zharend on 2/7/2016

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Justsomeguy2
    +1 link
    Mark Watson
    Mark Watson

4/19/2013
    Danae and DragonRidingSorceress: I have sent you something completely legal that is not shaped from cutting implements or wax.

--
    Mark Watson
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Mark~Watson
    +1 link
    Knyx
    Knyx

5/7/2013
    Vann Lee wrote:
    Don't like the new challenge system for moon league, seems like everyone just rejects requests now and then sends you their own since being the attacker is infinitely better.

Agreed. But the problem is not is the requesting system, but in that being the attacker is so much better.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Knyx
    +1 link
    Gillsing
    Gillsing

10/11/2014
    The Ruthless wrote:
    Hi, I just joined the game and I'm a little lost. What do I do next?
    You wait. It takes a week to get more Iron Knife Tokens, and you need to have two just to attack. (Presumably so you can take a loss if the attack fails.) You'll also get a Sense of Urgency which you can use to take a Form, which you need both to attack and be attacked.
    At this point you have two options: Stay in the Iron League or join the Moon League. In the Iron League you need to draw cards that allow you to attack, but out of the six cards I know of, only one is available to a new player, and that is An implausible penance. It requires Connected to: Criminals 10 (which is 55 CP) and using the Knife-and-Candle option costs 5 CP every time. (If your Watchful is 28 or lower you can draw An opportunity for profit and buy drinks for a couple of ruffians to get 20 CP every time.)

If you choose to join the Moon League you'll lose your Form, so you need to wait for another Sense of Urgency, or use An implausible penance to change into a Form again. Then you can challenge people to hunt-duels through a special storylet, so you won't have to rely on a single card to attack. For this reason I think that the Moon League is probably better for new players.

You could also immediately use An implausible penance to take a Form and thereby open yourself up to attacks in the Iron League, and if you defend yourself successfully when the attacker gets to choose their strongest side, then you would gain a second Iron Knife Token that would allow you to attack. But I'm not entirely certain that it's possible to attack players who only have a single Iron Knife Token.

EDIT: Found out that using A Knife-and-Candle Opening from An implausible penance costs 5 CP of Connected to: Criminals, not 10 CP.
    Axilar

4/6/2013
    I, too, would be grateful for a token.

--
    Axilar
    +1 link
    Kythia
    Kythia

10/1/2014
    What a disgusting idea. If someone would be kind enough to send me a token so that I might know what one looks like in order to avoid them better I would deeply appreciate it.

--
    Me.
    +1 link