Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

KNIFE AND CANDLE: The Underground Leagues Messages in this topic - RSS

Aximillio
Aximillio

3/19/2013
Catherine Raymond wrote:

If you had a counterfeit head of John the Baptist, it would give you a Whispered Secret each time you made a Knife-and-Candle kill.

I presume 5 heads will give 5, then?

--
Possibly returned after a long hiatus. Please do not send live rats or tournament requests.
0 link
PetulantProcrastinator
PetulantProcrastinator

3/19/2013
I'm not sure because I was too low level to take part but I don't think it was possible to get more than one exotica. Or at least very very hard to do so.
0 link
Inpiun
Inpiun

3/19/2013
I'd quite like to join this law-abiding and utterly unremarquable little club, if anyone would be so kind as to sponsor me.

--
My profile
@Inpiun
0 link
Spacemarine9
Spacemarine9

3/19/2013
token taken
taken token
token token
edited by Spacemarine9 on 3/19/2013

--
my rats will blot out the sun
Ratgames
FL lore/mechanics questions and answers
#FallenLondon IRC (irc.synirc.net) Channel! Click to join via Mibbit.
#SunlessSea IRC channel! Like the above, but zee-ier.
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

3/19/2013
PetulantProcrastinator wrote:
I'm not sure because I was too low level to take part but I don't think it was possible to get more than one exotica. Or at least very very hard to do so.

It was very possible, and easiest of all if you were actually playing. I got my first one (a head of you-know-who) from a random Opportunity card before I ever signed up for K&C.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
PetulantProcrastinator
PetulantProcrastinator

3/19/2013
Catherine Raymond wrote:

It was very possible, and easiest of all if you were actually playing. I got my first one (a head of you-know-who) from a random Opportunity card before I ever signed up for K&C.

H-uh, I know the first one was really easy to get but I thought that getting one stopped you from getting the opportunity card for a different one (although I'm basing this on the fact that I remember getting the opportunity card really early on but then never getting another).
My mistake.
+1 link
Aldeberan23
Aldeberan23

3/20/2013
I think Londoners could obtain one and only one of the exotica from a card, and acquire more playing K&C by killing someone and taking theirs. I can't recall if I ever had more than one of each exotica at any given moment, though.
+1 link
Aximillio
Aximillio

3/20/2013
The Attending to the Needs of a Singular Plant quality gives you an option to get additional heads. I have no clue about K&C.

--
Possibly returned after a long hiatus. Please do not send live rats or tournament requests.
+1 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

3/20/2013
Aximillio wrote:
Catherine Raymond wrote:

If you had a counterfeit head of John the Baptist, it would give you a Whispered Secret each time you made a Knife-and-Candle kill.

I presume 5 heads will give 5, then?

It should, but I'm not sure. I seldom had more than one of any Exotica item for very long, since when I got defeated stuff would get... stolen. I still have a pair of Giggling Mandrakes, so I may soon be able to verify this point (A Giggling Mandrake gave you 1 Rostygold when you made a K&C kill.)
edited by cathyr19355 on 3/20/2013

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
Loon
Loon

3/20/2013
Inpiun, you are now sponsored to join this unremarkable and law-abiding little club. I will be able to sponsor one other person on Friday night. That person should write here or pm me. Not that there is anything interesting about this little club...

--
My main character Krawald can be found at http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Krawald and welcomes all social actions bar photographers.

My alt Loogan Cuthoat can be found at http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Loogan~Cuthoat and welcomes all social actions bar cats and photographers.

My alt Ally Mooney can be found at http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ally~Mooney and welcomes all social actions including patronage, though they are a bit confused by cats in boxes.
+1 link
PetulantProcrastinator
PetulantProcrastinator

3/20/2013
I still have a couple of invites to our glorious wax club for any who might be interested in spirited discussions.
0 link
Jack Vaux-Harrowden
Jack Vaux-Harrowden

3/20/2013
Why, glorious! I've a ship and more shoes than I know what to do with, we've met kings, and I imagine there's cabbage *somewhere* in London, but sealing-wax has been notoriously absent.

Consider me interested! (Character name is my forum name.)
edited by Jack Vaux-Harrowden on 3/20/2013

EDIT: I've received my token.

edited by Jack Vaux-Harrowden on 3/22/2013
0 link
PetulantProcrastinator
PetulantProcrastinator

3/20/2013
Jack Vaux-Harrowden wrote:
Why, glorious! I've a ship and more shoes than I know what to do with, we've met kings, and I imagine there's cabbage *somewhere* in London, but sealing-wax has been notoriously absent.

Is that the name at the top in the storynexus sidebar though? Because I've tried every variation I could think of and it isn't working.
0 link
Jack Vaux-Harrowden
Jack Vaux-Harrowden

3/21/2013
Jack Vaux-Harrowden wrote:

Is that the name at the top in the storynexus sidebar though? Because I've tried every variation I could think of and it isn't working.

...huh. Try 'Kerredai', then, that's the Twitter handle.

I was dead certain the new friend management system let you search by character name, though.

EDIT: The token is received!
edited by Jack Vaux-Harrowden on 3/22/2013
0 link
Sara Hysaro
Sara Hysaro

3/21/2013
Nope, just Storynexus ID.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
0 link
protonsinthedark
protonsinthedark

3/21/2013
I seem to have come into possession of a token, so I suppose I have also become a member of this Unofficial Society for the Appreciation of Lanterns and Cutlery.

--
Mio, a midnight, sinister, irresistible, and breathtaking lady of mysterious origins.
Calling cards, social actions, menace reduction requests, and newspaper interviews (Nemesis ambition) welcome. No boxed cats or Affluent Photographer requests please.
Other Characters:
tinyassassin, an orphan trained as an assassin, currently hunting the Vake.
Alexandre and Adriana, a pair of hedonistic twins betting their souls on the Marvellous...if they don't lose them to the devils first.
+1 link

3/21/2013
Should anyone else care to join our discussions on the merits of lighting &c, I have a spare token I should be glad to share.

--
Fallen London profile

@echo_avatar on Twitter.

I'm a sociable lady, and welcome social actions.
0 link
Evariste S. Crumbledon
Evariste S. Crumbledon

3/22/2013
Well, delicious friends, colour me interested. I'd be delighted if you would contact me (my SN identity is my name). I shall be honing my Laguiole.

--
Evariste S. Crumbledon
0 link
Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)
Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)

3/22/2013
Evariste S. Crumbledon wrote:
Well, delicious friends, colour me interested. I'd be delighted if you would contact me (my SN identity is my name). I shall be honing my Laguiole.

Done.

--
Social Actions: send them to Kade Carrion (she/her; no Tournament of Lilies, please). an_ocelot has gone NORTH and cannot benefit from social actions!

Possibly-Useful Things: Spreadsheets and hints and link collections, oh my.
0 link
Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)
Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)

3/22/2013
(Surely this little club must have crossed a significant threshold by now?)

--
Social Actions: send them to Kade Carrion (she/her; no Tournament of Lilies, please). an_ocelot has gone NORTH and cannot benefit from social actions!

Possibly-Useful Things: Spreadsheets and hints and link collections, oh my.
0 link
1234 ..70