Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Higher paying random rewards Messages in this topic - RSS

Endy
Endy

1/19/2012
trying to find out if there's anything steady with a higher paying random reward than "Fun with the Fisher Kings".

thanks in advance.
edited by Endy on 1/19/2012

--
sonantem aeternum ad terram

Through the darker shadows.
0 link
Maurna Frost
Maurna Frost

1/19/2012
If your domicile is invaded by rats, taking on the Lieutenants is quite profitable, at least in my experience.

~MF
A Lady with a clean house

--
~MF

I greatly enjoy meeting delicious new friends and participating in deliciously exciting new adventures! Please feel free to drop a card to meet for dinner, exchange favors, give an interview, or any other activity that comes to mind. I DO particpate in exchanges requiring Fate, BUT you must contact me first; twitter, facebook, or here on the forums via PM.

Note: I am currently exchanging parcels with a large number of dear friends and my parcel opportunities are rare. I am always willing to exchange but your rate of return may be rather slow. To find others to exchange with I recommend the Starveling list.
0 link
Patrick Reding
Patrick Reding

1/19/2012
Piracy on the Unterzee gives random items, right?

In any event, why do you need a random reward? Are you looking for something specific?

--
http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Yana
0 link
Endy
Endy

1/19/2012
I mainly use it for the cheap menace reduction potions.

5 Echos worth for wounds and nightmares.

Already finished the rat storyline. I'll check out the piracy one when I get up that high.

--

0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

1/19/2012
There's a story in the Flit called "The Big One" which unlocks with Shadowy 73. Always take the "The Decoy" option once your Shadowy is high enough, and you'll be swimming in random rewards!

--
Old hand, still occasionally playing.
0 link
Endy
Endy

1/20/2012
yep, that'll work nicely.

many thanks.

--

0 link

1/21/2012
Wieland Burandt wrote:
Always take the "The Decoy" option once your Shadowy is high enough, and you'll be swimming in random rewards!

Alas, no more. The Decoy now only grants 2 change points of casing... and the random reward is only worth a few pennies, making it substantially worse than the previous options.
0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

1/21/2012
whitelaughter wrote:
Rupho Schartenhauer wrote:
Always take the "The Decoy" option once your Shadowy is high enough, and you'll be swimming in random rewards!

Alas, no more. The Decoy now only grants 2 change points of casing... and the random reward is only worth a few pennies, making it substantially worse than the previous options.

It was always just "a few pennies"... 14 Ridiculous Hats and such. Still, you can do this as often as you like. Build your Casing... up to 50, sell most of it to increase your Connections, then do a robbery. It's a very profitable storylet in my opinion.
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 3/24/2015

--
Old hand, still occasionally playing.
0 link
travellersside
travellersside

1/21/2012
Well, not really. Pretty much anything (including lower level storylets) is more profitable. It's just that the gaining of such a large lump sum at once is more impressive.
0 link
Abraham Bounty
Abraham Bounty

1/21/2012
whitelaughter wrote:
Wieland Burandt wrote:

Truly? This is quite a recent change then as just yesterday I was getting a full three points added to my casing every time I chose the decoy option, as well as some random trinkets.

--
News in the Neath: Noted citizen of Fallen London, Abraham Bounty, has acquired six hundred and sixty six souls. Additionally rumour has it that the lion's share of those souls was from a theft of The Brass Embasy itself. We are quite certain that this portents nothing ominous for him. Well, nothing unusually ominous anyway.
0 link
Nargil
Nargil

1/22/2012
'The student body' storylet in he university unlocked with Featuring in the Tales of the University 9 gives 81-90 pence of random rewards
edited by Nargil on 1/22/2012
0 link