Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

A Missing Figurehead... Messages in this topic - RSS

Jack Fractal
Jack Fractal

2/15/2015
An ill friend asked for something gant-ish, and I'm looking for a figurehead of a particular beasty. The beasty in question is "The Eater Of Names" but I've no idea where to find such a trinket.

Any assistance for a captain in need?
0 link
lady ciel
lady ciel

2/15/2015
I have heard that The Eater of Names hangs around the Chelonate but I have never seen it. There are a couple of other gant options though.

--
ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
0 link
Christian Nicholls
Christian Nicholls

2/15/2015
If you're sleeping badly and in pain there's a place in the north where you can get something gant-ish. That's usually the one I go for.
0 link
Jack Fractal
Jack Fractal

2/15/2015
Christian Nicholls wrote:
If you're sleeping badly and in pain there's a place in the north where you can get something gant-ish. That's usually the one I go for.

Aye, I've heard of that one, but I'd prefer not to uh... undertake that particular challenge. Vegetarian you know. Weak constitution.
+2 link
Gregg Johnson
Gregg Johnson

2/15/2015
That seems to be the most boring option, both in terms of how easy it is to acquire, and your client's response when you finally show it to him. Then again, I've never acquired the other two, so maybe they are equally disappointing to him. It is a disappointing colour, after all.
0 link
Rilauven
Rilauven

2/15/2015
I suspect that the same bug that's causing most zee-beasts to multiply like rabbits is also preventing the boss monsters from spawning. I haven't seen Mt. Nomad in the 40 or so hours I've played since release and I've never seen Eater of Names.
edited by Rilauven on 2/15/2015

--
Tigers are still legal in Texas!
0 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

2/15/2015
There's a third option, deep in the castle of Frostfound, if your Mirrors is high enough.

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
0 link
lady ciel
lady ciel

2/15/2015
Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook wrote:
There's a third option, deep in the castle of Frostfound, if your Mirrors is high enough.

I've done that once and I quite enjoyed the experience [spoiler] I would definitely recommend taking a Judgement Egg if you take that option [/spoiler]

--
ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
0 link
Christian Nicholls
Christian Nicholls

2/16/2015
On my last captain I went through Frostfound before going north just for fun and I may choose that option for gant this time around too. Though I did get myself strangely hungry in Adam's Way so I could take the easier option for the Sigil-Ridden Navigator in Chapel's Light since I don't feel like finding two live specimen.
0 link
SouthSea Rutherby
SouthSea Rutherby

2/16/2015
lady ciel wrote:
I have heard that The Eater of Names hangs around the Chelonate but I have never seen it. There are a couple of other gant options though.

I wouldn't recommend at least one of those, though...

• --
    Now the proud captain of Mr. Eaten's Revenge
  • 0 link