Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

Searing Enigmas Messages in this topic - RSS

SporksAreGoodForYou
SporksAreGoodForYou

2/15/2015
I have 5 of these things, but I'm not sure how. I checked the wiki, and didn't buy them in Irem, didn't get it in Nuncio, and pretty sure I didn't get them in the Mangrove college. Where else might I have got them? I'm presuming it's a random drop from something? maybe a pirate or zee-beast?
edited by SporksAreGoodForYou on 2/15/2015
0 link
Fretling
Fretling

2/15/2015
There's plenty of storylines that will confer an Enigma at some point. I don't think pirates and zee-beasts can give you something like that.
0 link
WormApotheote
WormApotheote

2/15/2015
Fretling wrote:
There's plenty of storylines that will confer an Enigma at some point. I don't think pirates and zee-beasts can give you something like that.

Well, mount nomad can. But. That's mount nomad.

--
No, I don't pull the Eater of Names.
0 link
Christian Nicholls
Christian Nicholls

2/15/2015
I actually remember checking the wiki when I needed to get hold of one quickly and thinking "man, this page really doesn't have all the information!"

I believe I got one from dropping the starter cook (from starting as a veteran) off in the Sea of Lilies, along with a bunch of other knowledge items. I KNOW there are lots of other ways, I can just never remember them. Is there still the way to get them from Salt Lions with Salt's Attention?
0 link
WormApotheote
WormApotheote

2/15/2015
Christian Nicholls wrote:
I actually remember checking the wiki when I needed to get hold of one quickly and thinking "man, this page really doesn't have all the information!"

I believe I got one from dropping the starter cook (from starting as a veteran) off in the Sea of Lilies, along with a bunch of other knowledge items. I KNOW there are lots of other ways, I can just never remember them. Is there still the way to get them from Salt Lions with Salt's Attention?

Pretty sure that's extraordinary implications now.

--
No, I don't pull the Eater of Names.
0 link
Christian Nicholls
Christian Nicholls

2/15/2015
Yeah I had a feeling it had changed. That's a pity, but I'd sort of expected it because I was getting Salt's Attention relatively regularly and it seemed a bit easy.
0 link
SporksAreGoodForYou
SporksAreGoodForYou

2/15/2015
Right? I've been trying to update the wiki as I go, but didn't realise until just then just how many I had. I was doing the Memento Mori chain, and wanted to list where you could get searing enigmas, figured, oh I have loads, that won't be a problem, and then bam. No idea where they came from.

And the cook doesn't, sadly, although does give *everything* else (Zee-ztory, Tale of Terror, Memory of Distant Shores, Moves in the Great Game, Vision of the Surface, Supplies, Fuel, Strategic Information, Secret)
0 link
SporksAreGoodForYou
SporksAreGoodForYou

2/15/2015
Little update - I found one as part of the memento mori quest chain. That chain is actually quite nice - apart from some dice, it basically gives you everything you need as you go along.
0 link
Rocket Heeled Jack
Rocket Heeled Jack

2/15/2015
Christian Nicholls wrote:
Yeah I had a feeling it had changed. That's a pity, but I'd sort of expected it because I was getting Salt's Attention relatively regularly and it seemed a bit easy.

When it used to be Enigma's in return for attention, it made the game too easy I found, very easy to wander up to wither, get the attention and then wander back for another thousand (and a hold full of sphinxstone while you're at it), prefer it this way.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Rocket~Heeled~Jack
0 link
Christian Nicholls
Christian Nicholls

2/15/2015
I've added a couple of things to the wiki but at the moment my computer really needs upgrading and I quit my browser while I'm playing so I can't really update as I go. I'm waiting on my student financial aid to be processed so I can use course related costs to get a computer that doesn't freak out when I try to use Twitter and load a webpage at the same time. :P

And yeah, as nice as it was to have a reliable source of Searing Enigma, I think the change is better too.
0 link