Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

Find Friends for sparring, dinners, chess & theft Messages in this topic - RSS

Urthdigger
Urthdigger

1/15/2012
There have been a number of threads already collecting names, I thought I'd add one for folks looking for second-chances. Now, since these are actions that could be spammed, please respect the wishes of any volunteers, such as offer limits. I may eventually expand this to include information from the other threads, such as the thread with volunteer thieves for the Hearts Desire ambition.

To be added to the list, simply make a post stating what you're offering, as well as any other pertinent information, such as conditions. For example, I am offering Sparring Bouts, and my condition is limit two outstanding requests per person at a time (So, if you send two requests, and I have not yet accepted either of them, please wait until I do.)

Edit: With recent changes to FL, you only need to leave your FL name. This can be found at the far right of the orange bar. A link to your profile is also appreciated.

I'll take the time to mention HOW you add people now, since it's not exactly straightforward. Click one of the various social action storylets, and you'll see a link to " Manage your friends list." I also think you may be able to just go directly to http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/su while logged in to FL to access the page as well.

Once there, on the right hand side is a list of your current friends, with a text box below where you can add new friends by their FL name. Below THAT is a text box to block users, in case someone's being really spammy with invites and you want them to STFU. Anyway, just enter their name into the invitation box and click "Add Friend".

I've taken to linking people's profiles to their names, but it should be noted that you CANNOT add people via their profiles at this time. It's merely there to let you take a look at what that person has done.

**New feature - Menace Reduction**
I've started adding players offering to reduce menaces via social actions. These are the "Find a way to deal with your Nightmares" storylet obtained at Nightmares 4, "Find a way to throw the constables off your scent" storylet at Suspicion 4, and "ask someone to lay rumours to to rest" action under Society and Scandal in your lodgings (Please do not use volunteers as your dupe without permission. That's just mean. And will raise your Scandal here). Reducing wounds has to be handled differently, as the person helping is the one who needs to send the request. So, the rules for menace reductions are as follows:

1: One outstanding request at a time. Due to this costing them menaces as well as an action, I encourage you to spread the menace out amongst multiple people, where it will do little harm, rather than dumping it all on one person. Keep in mind these take off 5 CP each time, so 3 requests will take you from 5 to 0, and 4 will take you from 6 to 1, so try not to send more than you need: That's just a waste of your time and theirs. Personal requests by volunteers take precedence, however (Say, if someone WANTS to go to a place of menace often, such as for connections).

2: To handle Wounds reductions, simply send them an offer to take care of theirs, and that will be their cue to send one to you. You may then accept their offer whenever your wounds get high enough (You have 6 CP of a menace at level 3, so it's not too prudent to accept before then). The volunteer should re-send your request once it's accepted, so long as you do the same for them. I know this is an awkward system, so if anyone has any issues with it, or ideas for improvement, feel free to tell me.

3: If someone takes care of your menace, they may send a request in return to take care of theirs. Please do so.

4: Apparently there's been some confusion: The list for people to dupe is ONLY for the scandal reducing option. It is NOT an open invitation to dupe folks when using cards for spare change or pursuing the affluent photographer.

EDIT: Ok, this thread has honestly always been a pain for me to keep updated, and been something that's kept me from checking the forums often, and only got worse as time goes on. I've decided to bite the bullet and just remove the outdated list. However, don't fret! Just look at the later pages of the thread to find folks offering their services.
edited by Urthdigger on 4/6/2014

--
Looking for second chances to maximize your loot output from those troublesome storylets? Check out our handy gang of volunteers in this thread, or even volunteer yourself!

@Urthdigger on twitter
+16 link
Nigel Overstreet
Nigel Overstreet

11/13/2015
I'm going to need a ridiculous amount of Sudden Insights over the next 2 weeks.
Please send your chess matches my way.

--
The Romantic Egotist: Most Hedonistic Man in All of Fallen London
Are you or someone you know Overgoated? Please, let me know!

Cider Club
+3 link
suinicide
suinicide

12/24/2015
Hello all, as it stands my watchful is one level away from 200, and I would appreciate some chess matches to get me over this final hurdle. Thank you
Edit: thank you, I have made it.
edited by suinicide on 12/24/2015

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
+2 link
Ben Cardwell
Ben Cardwell

1/11/2013
Go to the forgotten quarter and search for curious and search for the correspondence. That raises your nightmares.
+2 link
Lady Shadowblade
Lady Shadowblade

11/13/2017
To my newfound Delicious Associates,

I am in need of a group of wonderful friends with whom I may play a rousing game of chess with and perhaps may join me in Veilgarden for a delicious dinner.

Though I will warn you, I am a lady of class and i require you to be of distinction as well lest I destroy you in a spar or two. I would prefer to mend wounds but if it came to it...

So, with that being said, my dear companions, you may call upon me here http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Madame%20Shadowblade

Yours truest.

Madame Shadowblade.
+2 link
Gonen
Gonen

11/2/2015
I am 5 watchful short from 200 (with equipment). And that means I have only several days to reach 200 in order to sell my soul (again) this holiday to the devils. Would like to embark on a tournament of chess with anyone, anytime within this week so I can reach that 200 in time.
Thank you for you time and intellect!

--
The Ashen Anesthesiologist - Paramount Londoner

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

The long journey to eccentricity:
On March 10th, 2018, reached 15 on all quirks, simultaneously. The Quirky Anesthesiologist
+2 link
Sestina Valdis
Sestina Valdis

11/2/2015
Edit: Have hit 200 Persuasive! Thank you, all!

Still open to other social actions (esp. Chess and Sparring) and RP. =)
edited by Sestina Valdis on 11/14/2015

--
Sestina Valdis, the Saccharine Satirist.
Appearance and Misc. Accoutrements
A Past Scattered Across Discarded Stockings

Fei Xue, the Artful Assassin.
Self

Edward de Riere, the Barebones Baron.

+2 link
Blitherington Smythe
Blitherington Smythe

11/15/2015
I'm looking for companions for all kinds of social actions at the moment, currently looking for help with the Constables in particular.

I've just made my name as a Person of Some Importance (yay!) and also have access to the House of Chimes if anyone's looking for something a little more... private.

Feel free to drop me a calling card, I'm always happy to make a new acquaintance.
edited by Blitherington Smythe on 11/15/2015

--
More than happy for social actions of any kind! If I request help with menaces, take that as an invitation for you to do the same. I seem to be unable to resist getting into sticky situations at present.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Blitherington-Smythe
+2 link
malthaussen
malthaussen

11/2/2015
@Sestina Valdis: so appropriate that a visit to those rooms gives... smiles.
@Gonen: How does the horsie move, again?

-- Mal

--
"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Will do all socials except Loitering or Private Evenings (all my Free Evenings are accounted for), and Affluent Photographer Betrayals only, please. I am not currently accepting calling cards.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/malthaussen
+2 link
Garham
Garham

8/18/2017
Hello, im pretty new to the game so im gonna accept every activity since i noticed you need friends to do certain activities.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Garham
+2 link
Besidome
Besidome

8/20/2017
I'm looking for cooperative social contacts for whatever social-nonsense the game throws out. smile Shadowy, Persuasive, Watchful, Dangerous in that order.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Besidome

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Besidome
+1 link
AdaBysshe
AdaBysshe

10/28/2017
I'm looking to benefit from flattery at Dante's Grill (grinding MW). Anyone interested in giving me some of their waves in exchange for a decrease in Nightmares/Wounds, please do send me a message (perhaps along with a calling card) and I'll quickly invite you.

--
Ada Bysshe in Fallen London
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ada%20Bysshe
+1 link
CatLady
CatLady

11/3/2017
Dear Londoners,
Accomplished AUTHOR and IRRESISTIBLE, MAGNIFICENT PERSONA, offers services* as your MASTER OF CEREMONIES. Ensures that your** DINNER at DANTE'S GRILL will be certainly MAKING WAVES amongst participants.

*for a price of SURPRISE PACKAGE

**Send CARDS and INVITATIONS or other FORMS OF GETTING ACQUAINTED to "CatLady_"'s lodgings. On BUSY SEASONS - including HALLOWMAS, Festival of Exception Rose, and others, WILLING PARTIES served by order of inquiry.

---
/CatLady
edited by CatLady on 11/3/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/CatLady_
+1 link
dorian07
dorian07

9/28/2017
Hello to everyone! I'm looking for companion, mostly shadowy things. I'm a newbie, and not fluent english, please, be aware of this!

My character: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/dorian07

PS: Sorry for the unauthentic name.
+1 link
Crowden
Crowden

11/2/2017
New to the game, and not entirely sure how this all works yet, but game to try smile
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Coveden%20Crowden

If anyone has the confession of the Jovial Contrarian, I'd like to trade for that before Hallowsmas ends. (When does it end, by the way?)
+1 link
Sigil Nightingale
Sigil Nightingale

10/26/2017
Hi all,
Looking for partners with any and all social interactions, and hoping to enlist some help with Nightmares.

Open to any requests as well!

Thanks for the help!
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Vladimir%20Markov

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sigil%20Nightingale
+1 link
Sigil Nightingale
Sigil Nightingale

11/19/2017
Looking to make acquaintances for any and all activities.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sigil%20Nightingale
+1 link
Canvas Brimming
Canvas Brimming

11/9/2017
Drop off a calling card! A business card! Hell, a napkin with a scrawled down address! A good chunk of my previous acquaintances seem to have given up on their Neath-lives, haven't seen them in days... It's getting lonely. Not me, though! I'll respond to letters and invitations in matter of hours. And, of course, should you ever find yourself in a pickle with Neathy menaces, I'll be happy to help. Looking to meet the interesting characters of Fallen London.
~C.B.

--
Canvas Brimming, The Nostalgic Investigator - A private investigator, a Wilmot's End regular and a rising pawn, with an insatiable sense of sentimentality towards the Surface. Why don't you leave a card?
~(Very active, RP always encouraged and appreciated!)
+1 link
berrymascarpone
berrymascarpone

11/3/2017
I'm pretty new to the game, and looking for friends to loiter or play chess. Looking for help with nightmares too, and I can return the favor of course. Any help is appreciated!

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Berry%20Mascarpone
+1 link
Marie Thlydd
Marie Thlydd

11/13/2017
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Marie%20Thlydd

Hullu Hullu

I am Marie Thlydd, a new arrival to the Neath that is Fallen London. While my skills are small at the moment I am still a deft hand at Chess and I enjoy long walks in the dark, loitering around and just spending time with new friends.

I wouldn't mind aiding a few like minded individuals but I hope to be warned if a betrayal is coming my way.

Until then.
+1 link
Urthdigger
Urthdigger

3/20/2012
Hex wrote:
Little The wrote:
Now that I have the full Screaming Map, and therefore have something to do other than grinding the Velocipede Squard quest endlessly, I must reduce my capacity to 1. I apologize for the sharp decline, but the action points do add up.

By the way, I managed to get an extra 30 First City Coins recently. Any Marvellers need them?

Edit: Oh, and another request -- no menace-related social actions, please. They're inefficient. Get a Winsome Depressed Orphan for Nightmares, get some Making Waves points for Scandal, and ignore Wounds and Suspicion. You'll be fine.
edited by Little The on 3/17/2012

I'd like the coins please! I need them for the hearts desire Ambition and have been having a hard time finding them my twitter is @juwairiah0

Also i'd be happy to be put down for all four i think, i'll have to pass on menace type activities though as my nightmares are reaching rather uncomfortable levels.
and im a newbie so not entirely certain how it all works but im sure i'll figure it out
edited by Hex on 3/20/2012

It's not too difficult. There are four storylet options that I mention in my initial post: Finding a way to deal with your nightmares can still be done anywhere as I recall, though dealing with the constables was recently moved to only occur at your lodgings. Dealing with scandal is under "matters of society and scandal", and dealing with wounds is under "something potentially dangerous". Probably the easiest way to understand how they work is to simply give it a shot! You say you're having trouble dealing with nightmares, so get your hands on a sudden insight if you don't have one already (via playing chess with someone), and fire off a nightmare reduction to one of our volunteers, such as myself, or even to several different volunteers if they're getting up high. Here's a little chart to see how many actions you can send out to get as close to 0 without going over, as menace reductions from social actions remove 5 at a time.

1 (1 CP): none
2 (3 CP): none
3 (6 CP): one
4 (10 CP): two
5 (15 CP): three
6 (21 CP): four
7 (28 CP): five
8 (36 CP): Can't send menace reductions from the royal bethlehem!

As you can see, a good rule of thumb is to take your menace level, and subtract two.

Also, on the subject of menace reductions being inefficient, I do not believe that to be the case. While it is theoretically possible to escape from Newgate in 2 turns, the cards to escape are excessively rare. Especially with the action cap per day being removed, it is woefully inefficient to sit around in prison flipping cards. As for scandal, "making waves" CAN remove it entirely, but this costs a LOT of that quality. While that is the only use for that quality, and I'd encourage folks to take advantage of it if they have enough and their scandal gets too bad, getting the quality itself can be a pain: The only sources I know of are a yearly event (the feast of roses), and winning when doing social actions. Unfortunately, the problem here is two-fold: Lower level folks are less likely to win against most folks (and could probably use the added second-chance anyway), and higher level folk tend to not care too much for social actions. Not to mention it seems to increase 1 CP at a time, and did I mention it plummets when you use it? I care enough about social actions that I made this thread in the first place, and even I don't have enough making waves to splurge it. Lastly on the case of nightmares, doesn't the less than laudable laudanum habit decrease the effectiveness of laudanum? The only menace I would say it's inefficient for is wounds, and that's only because past a certain, early point of watchfulness, playing chess on the boat is as effective, if not more. Provided you have the gear to consistently place you down RIGHT before going up a tier. But for folks who don't, I still offer it as an option.

Finally, a side note on reducing menaces: Keep an eye out for opportunity cards that help with them, such as "A Moment's Peace", "Official Incompetence", "A Hearty Meal. They seem to also reduce menaces by 5 CP, for only a single action and no side-effects. The only exception I've found is the "A Moral Afternoon", which has a subtle option and a regular option. I still need to see if there's any difference between the two outside of earning a confident smile for the subtle option. Also, it decreases suspicion by 1, but only by 1 CP, I need to see if it's the same for scandal, or if it's the usual 5 CP.

--
Looking for second chances to maximize your loot output from those troublesome storylets? Check out our handy gang of volunteers in this thread, or even volunteer yourself!

@Urthdigger on twitter
+1 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

6/28/2012
NyteSong wrote:
I have a rather silly question my dears. How does one separate, on Twitter, all the different likes and dislikes of one's associates. Some folks only like chess, some like everything EXCEPT nightmares, others are up for whatever the evening calls forth.

I don't want to be crass and invite folks to the wrong event! I am still learning my way around and wish to do things correctly.

I am also playing "Night Circus" by the same company and find myself erroneously inviting EB folks to walk through the maze with me at the Circus of Dreams! eek! such a faux pas

Any advice is welcomed and appreciated darlings.
edited by NyteSong on 6/28/2012

I just made a Notepad file listing friends, with separate lists for Second Chances, Menace Reduction and various other needs/requests (like sharing Research Notes or sending Boxed Cats), to be sure I don't bother always the same people ^^ I (every now and then) update the list according to this thread's changes.

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
+1 link
malthaussen
malthaussen

11/3/2015
Certainly the tongue and ear can provide a myriad of pleasures.

-- Mal

--
"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Will do all socials except Loitering or Private Evenings (all my Free Evenings are accounted for), and Affluent Photographer Betrayals only, please. I am not currently accepting calling cards.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/malthaussen
+1 link
maleclypse
maleclypse

10/6/2017
I've recently gotten a new job irl that I worry is going to take some of the time I've been able to apply to London. So moving in order to regain some interesting actions I was wanting to play chess games and regular duels with people. I can guarantee being able to respond at least once a day to any social things. Thanks!

--
Maintaining a controlling interest in my soul requires a pretty constant negotiation between the various shareholder interests. Thankfully the Fingerkings 23% control makes a pretty good foil to unite the other factions enough to get to 51%.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Maleclypse
+1 link
Mizadil
Mizadil

1/11/2018
Greetings, and well met!

I am in need of new dinner companions, as most of my acquaintances appear to have gone north.

Also not opposed to occasional sparring, chess, and tournament of lilies. No loitering please.

--
Mizadil :: http://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Mizadil

:: A Paramount Presence ::
Correspondent :: "Never too busy to help educate your orphans."
I always have time for a game of chess, and will reciprocate Neath's Mysteries.
+1 link
Mizadil
Mizadil

11/19/2015
Greetings,

I am a minor poet seeking friends with whom to play chess and other games, and perhaps share my nightmares before I lose what's left of my sanity. As a matter of course, any friend of mine can count on my help with anything that may plague him or her.

--
Mizadil :: http://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Mizadil

:: A Paramount Presence ::
Correspondent :: "Never too busy to help educate your orphans."
I always have time for a game of chess, and will reciprocate Neath's Mysteries.
+1 link
Callistemon
Callistemon

12/22/2017
Would love to participate in a good ol' fashion brawl! Maybe a dinner or two, or even a friendly game of chess to discuss matters of the cloth. Feel free to make yourselves my acquaintance and safe travels to ya!

(OOC: I love role-playing so bonus points for anyone that would like to join me on that).

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Callistemon
Avatar art by Nesskain: nesskain.deviantart.com/
+1 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

8/19/2017
I'm interested in increasing my dangerous, so I'll welcome some nonlethal sparing bouts.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anne%20Auclair
+1 link
Stygota
Stygota

6/9/2016
Having been an avid chess enthusiast and oft-times opponent of a certain gaunt boatswain you all may know, I find myself driven to play a lot of chess recently. Certain peculiar hungers demand certain obsessive behaviors.

I am looking to play many, many, many games of chess. I am currently an Exceptional Friend, pulling down 40 actions every 6-odd hours. I plan to spend almost all of them on chess. So, come one, come all. My only warning - you'll probably only be pulling in one sudden insight per invite for a while...

Leave a note in the invite if you want me to also send you a chess invite back. Nothing like hours and hours of chess.
edited by Stygota on 6/9/2016

--
A once hungry, now sated Hunter with a silver tongue: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Stygota
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

10/21/2016
As not everyone knows, I'm going to add it here!
When looking for partners to increase skills follow these steps:
1) Make sure both of you have less than 5 SC (second chances) and one starts by sending 4 invitations.
2) Partner accepts them all, uses them to have less than 5 and only after this sends 4 more invitations.
3) After receiving the 4 invitations repeat step 2.

This way, even if one losses 3 games, but wins last no SC will be waste due to limit. Receiving the next invitations is a flag which means your partner used those SC and able to accept new ones.
edited by Skinnyman on 10/21/2016
edited by Skinnyman on 10/21/2016

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
+1 link
Faroukh Sekou
Faroukh Sekou

4/22/2016
Good evening.

My name is Dr. Faroukh Sekou, and I have recently arrived in Fallen London through means I shall not detail at present, suffice it to say that I don't believe I have yet been missed.

The rats in my pantry, whatever their virtues, are not exceptional conversationalists, and so I am endeavouring to make more suitable connections with various other denizens of the Neath.

I'm not yet positive how to direct you to my address directly, but ask around the Search Box for "Faroukh Sekou," and you should be given suitable directions by someone more familiar with the alleyways nearby.

I am looking forward to making your acquaintance!

Edit: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Faroukh~Sekou
edited by Faroukh Sekou on 4/29/2016
+1 link
Branwyn
Branwyn

5/2/2016
In Fallen London I am known as Branwyn, addressed as Doctor. Of...? Yes. Of that. That, too.

I have ever so many favors, coffees, dinners, and affections to bestow those who bestow on me the favor of their acquaintance.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Branwyn
+1 link
Issaries
Issaries

9/2/2017
I have received a few invitations to play chess, but can't seem to accept them. I presume this is because in the time between my receiving the invitation and me responding to it, the other party has started a game with someone else?

In any case, I reiterate my willingness to play chess with whomever.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Issaries
+1 link
Sandi Gummy
Sandi Gummy

7/10/2016
Hello all I am new, please send me social invites!

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Julia~Jokes

Hello all I am new xD
You can play chess or do things with me ^^
+1 link
Alexandra Mavrokordatou
Alexandra Mavrokordatou

8/17/2016
Good evening! My name is Alex, and I made a FL account several years ago, and recently restarted it after playing Sunless Sea.

My character is based lightly off her real-world namesake, but is currently withdrawing further from good society in her all-consuming quest for the Correspondence.

I'd love to get more involved in the community aspects of the game, so please feel free to send my character any social actions in-game.

I am also seeking a Patron if any Watchful or Persuasive soul is inclined.

--
Alexandra Mavrokordatou, Scholar of the Correspondence
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Alexandra~Mavrokordatou
+1 link
James Rolfe
James Rolfe

8/25/2016
Hello all,

Not much to say of me for the time being, I arrived in the city and still finding my way around. A compatriot of mine years ago came down to the city and told me of the city, no idea what happened to him but I suppose that is the way things work here. In any case I've just been doing odd jobs here and there as I settle in to life here. Feel free to send a calling card. I'd love to have an excuse to leave my current residence for a few hours. The marm is a pleasant woman but the hymns get on my nerves, never been the religious sort I must say.

I'm free for chess, or something of the more...less than upright bent. My previous work on the surface led me into many different...business opportunities, shall we say. Again, feel free to send a card.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/James~Rolfe
+1 link
Amsfield
Amsfield

11/10/2017
Amsfield wants to break in his shiny new lance the right way. I'll accept a lethal match once he's done with his current buisness.
Also, Venshik could use some trusts to betray so if you want dupes for some reason drop him a card and indicate that you're ok with it.

--
Amsfield: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Amsfield
A devotee of pleasures intellectual and fleshy. Always fabulously masked.
Honoria Kastern: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Honoria%20Kastern
A hunter, a shooter and a fisher. Also a patriotic busy body. Mildly corrupted.
Maiser: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Maiser
A young firebrand of obviously criminal intent.
Venshik: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Venshik
Not a nice person.
Asmeria: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Asmeria
Quiet, thoughtful and possibly mad. Excellent listener though. Favours grey.
+1 link
nurry7
nurry7

9/25/2016
Keen on all forms of social interaction;
Particularly meeting for coffee
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/nurry7
+1 link
Lyrositor
Lyrositor

10/6/2016
I have an urgent need of chess training in preparation for an upcoming tournament. Barring any exceptional opportunities, I will be doing nothing but accepting any and all invitations to a Game of Chess for the next few days. I am generally extremely active throughout the day, so I should be able to respond quickly. If you'd rather I send the offers, I can do that too.

Profile: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lyrositor

Current Watchful: 65+14
edited by Lyrositor on 10/6/2016
+1 link
James Carter
James Carter

10/9/2016
My in - game name and my profile name is excatly the same - http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/James~Carter

I have plenty of free evenings to use, feel free to either ask me out for dinner or PM me to ask you for dinner!

Also, I plan on collecting as many Hard-earned Lessons as possible. So send me all your sparring challenges!
edited by James Carter on 10/9/2016

--
Always accepting invites to dinners, sparring bouts and games of chess! Acceptance time may vary depending on...circumstances.
+1 link
Revival Lake
Revival Lake

8/8/2017
I likewise accept any and requests that don't lower my Making Waves. Upcoming wedding and all, you see! If you'd also like a couple drops of Cider sent your way, just let me know in the note~

--
Find me in Fallen London! Either a Revival%20Lake or as Glamredhel! I love trades and roleplay and, of course, gifts~
+1 link
Nicole Charade
Nicole Charade

11/2/2017
I'm keen to loiter, hold dinner parties and play chess. I can help with reducing suspicion (if I refuse it's because my own is too high). I don't dupe people.

I'm happy to accept any interaction from The Neath's Mysteries card.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/NicoleSPACESYMBOLCharade
Professor Nicole Charde, at your service. Correspondent, lady of adventure and professional solver of problems. Always happy to exchange research, give lectures on the correspondence and help with reducing Suspicion
+1 link
Sankami
Sankami

8/3/2017
Open to all interactions - particularly interested in Lethal Sparring Bouts. Very, very interested in those. Please. I'm desperate. But actions that increase Making Waves are great too.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/sankami
+1 link
alkemicVixen
alkemicVixen

7/10/2017
I'm open to all interactions, positive or negative. I'm also an author, and available for salons.
edited by alkemicVixen on 7/10/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/alkemicVixen

I accept all social interactions. Seeking Tournament of Lillies challengers.
+1 link
Wishful Thinking
Wishful Thinking

11/3/2017
So after an unfortunate series of events I have found myself once more just starting out, Irrigo or so I'm told. (One of my friends thought that it would be a very neat prank to delete my account, as I'd left it open on my laptop.) Contact me via the following card from now on, if you so wish. I'm a bit new to London though, quite wet behind the ears even if I'm getting on my feet fast as I can.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Raven%20Xanthus. A mistake has been made but colored Irrigo, never again.
+1 link
MistressMinx
MistressMinx

5/24/2017
Greetings and salutations to all! I've not been playing long (50 days ish) and I've been tap tap happy and built my 'Qualities' up somewhat............ But of course there are certain actions that require a basic form of socialising!
What exactly that entails, I'm not entirely sure................ But feel free to add/message me and elaborate on this confusion.

To add to this snot drip of confusion, I have tried innumerable times to link my name/signature. And for some $*€^>! Reason (Yes probably stupidity I agree), I just don't seem to be doing it.
But I'm Tartycustard on FL. So if you could all form an orderly queue and add me 1 at a time, that'd be great?!?!?!
Please!!!? Thank you in advance, any help or tips that can be reciprocated will be x

--
Tartycustard
+1 link
RickMave
RickMave

8/13/2018
RickMave, 63 watchful, 91 shadowy, 75 dangerous 98 persuasive

Looking especially for hard earned lessons and sudden insights to raise my stats, but willing to participate in other pastimes.

Interested in nightmare and scandal reduction, I offer any menace reduction on my part. No lethal duels or dupes please
+1 link
Bitty
Bitty

10/1/2017
Hey i'm looking for someone to loiter with to get hastily-scrawled warning notes, will be able to do other second chance actions to make up for it!

--
Main, Heathen(Nemesis)
Aten(Seeker)
Sook(Bag a Legend)

Open to all non-harmful social actions. Not into RP and will respond normally.
+1 link
Bitty
Bitty

1/11/2018
im so close to watchful 200 on my main i'll chess anyone

--
Main, Heathen(Nemesis)
Aten(Seeker)
Sook(Bag a Legend)

+1 link
Bitty
Bitty

11/19/2017
All my accounts except my seeking account are down for pretty much all activities, I would just prefer no lethal sparring bouts and no loitering on my main!

--
Main, Heathen(Nemesis)
Aten(Seeker)
Sook(Bag a Legend)

+1 link
Daytorah
Daytorah

11/13/2017
Link in signature.

Prefer friendly activities.

--
"In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony sun's blessing, but because I am enlightened by my own intelligence."

A traveler's shadow returning.
+1 link
Adelaide deBusschet
Adelaide deBusschet

11/21/2017
Greetings delicious friends!
I fear for both my mind and body after fighting the Vake and am in need of physical and mental aid. Please send help. Feel free to add me for all other social events too. Matters of society are in my blood after all! Haha!
edited by Adelaide deBusschet on 11/21/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Adelaide%20deBusschet
Adelaide deBusschet, a lady of high society.

Feel free to send me any sort of social invites, excluding cats in boxes.
+1 link
pokpokza
pokpokza

11/21/2017
I am down for anything that isn't bad or fatal to my character. I am new in Town, I can roleplay or talk normally, you can ask me to do any social stuff. Let's go! http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Edwin%20Prust
+1 link
tsiolkovsky
tsiolkovsky

1/21/2018
Over breakfast you spot a neat little request nestled within the personal messages column of the Burly Street Courant. it is written in such a way as to appeal to the most cold hearted fellows. It says:

Wanted someone of high moral calibre to help reform a poor dissipated sinner who has fallen into scandalous company…

However I am a fairly good at chess and make an excellent dinner companion, having a small orange key that fits the lock of a room within the House of Chimes. I am also sometimes up for a bit of fisticuffs and dear I even say Baritsu.

Should you wish to come to my aid then please present your Carte de Visite at my lodgings # Mirador Villas, Watchmaker’s Hill.

Yours in all hopefulness

T. S. Iolkovsky

Would it, you wonder, be an amusing distraction? Only time will tell.

(http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/tsiolkovsky)
+1 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

6/23/2018
Guymanbot wrote:
I have been playing for a week now. Going for a character who is torn between being a gentleman thief or a detective novelist. I have no idea how these interactions work. I follow PST timezone.

These interactions can be started from your lodgings by attending to matters of "Watchfulness and Nightmares" or "Danger and Wounds" or "Shadows and Suspicion" or "Persuasion and Scandal".
There you can pick once according to the stat: Dangerous = Sparring; Shadowy = Theft/Loitering; Persuasion = Coffee; Watchfulness = Chess
In Matters of Society you can pick a private dinner (it's mostly advised to attend to one if you're invited); or get invited to Dante's Grill (as long as you're not a PoI)

Once you've initiated the activity and there is a reply, check your messages, there you'll see how your opponent replied etc.
Cheers and good luck!

--
Honeyaddict, Scarlet Saint, Paramount Presence
pleasure to meet you.

Has some ideas the Masters won't approve of like some items and establishing a Colony in Parabola.

I will accept most social interactions (not duping). I do enjoy role playing as well.
Have some possibly still active codes!
+1 link
The Revered Abolitionist
The Revered Abolitionist

8/2/2018
Greetings Friends,

I have returned from my travels an once again require chess partners. If you are looking to play, please get in touch.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/The%20Revered%20Abolitionist
+1 link
The Revered Abolitionist
The Revered Abolitionist

2/11/2019
Once again looking for chess partners, I welcome any and all challenges

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/The%20Revered%20Abolitionist
+1 link
nyana
nyana

11/17/2018
I'm up for most social activities, really! Menace reduction, chess, sparring, coffee - I love meeting new people! Not patronage yet, for I have to yet hit overcap with my accounts.

If we go in particular character though? My main acc (HD) is open to be invited to salons or just have chess games, she loves those wink oh, and sparring bouts are always welcome with BaL and Nemesis alts, specially! And dinners... Dinners are lovely, no?
edited by nyana on 11/17/2018

--
The Ethereal Versifier ; Glasswoman & writer. Bohemian-alligned. Friendly and dreamy, known to many a devil or thug. Open for chess games, coffees, packages and loitering.

The Rambunctious Navigator (Bag a Legend) ; Monster-Hunter & cartographer. Ex-naval officer, always followed by two-fisted rats. Open for sparring, coffees, loitering and chess games.

The Lethargic Enforcer (Nemesis) ; Licentiate & ocassional undercover. Weary but dangerous, has a fondness for honey. Open for sparring, loitering, coffees and boxed cats.
+1 link
EscapistEscapade
EscapistEscapade

6/23/2018
UPDATE 2: I am now PosI and a Conjuror. Invite me to perform at your orphanage! Looking for Nightmare reduction occasionally, and ideally responsive partners for chess or sparring occasionally, or a bit of coffee after I attend a party.

Also looking for invitations to see the Seventh Letter to see through the Eyes of Icarus and sips of Cider to dream of the Garden.
edited by EscapistEscapade on 8/3/2018

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Escapist%20Escapade Crooked Cross available for speaking engagements for your Salon
+1 link
Mountrose
Mountrose

8/13/2018
Greetings delicious friends!

I would be delighted to make new acquaintances with whom to share wine, honey, a hookah, or indeed any social interaction ; particularly helping each other out with menaces. All in good fun of course, so please refrain from betrayals or lethal games.

Dabbling in Port Carnelian politics has taught me the value of underworld contacts so I'm currently looking to increase my abysmal shadowy skills. I have acquired a staggering amount of whisky flasks so repeated long hours of loitering are no problem.

Do not hesitate to call, my door and wine cellar are always open!

Mountrose
+1 link
Antidas
Antidas

8/25/2018
A good day to all of you. For all intents and purposes, my name is Antidas and I would love to find a companion with whom I can test my skills, both in chess and in a friendly spar.
With no malice intended, I feel that I must specify that the candidate must present a brilliant mind and the constitution of an ox. I do not wish to test myself against noodle-armed philistines.

On that note, I have been experiencing the most troubling dreams, as of late. I would much appreciate if a physician could contact me, regarding this matter. A christian one, if you'd please.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Antidas
+1 link
Marcus Caselles
Marcus Caselles

9/5/2018
I guess it's good to see that after several months of playing, I'm still quite the newbie here. I welcome interactions and witty repartee with my fellow fallen Londoners.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Marcus%20Caselles
New to the game, open to reasonable social interactions...
+1 link
Mitch Young
Mitch Young

10/7/2018
Hey everyone,

I'm a relatively new player who's looking to make his first acquaintances. I'm up for invitations to do just about anything and am totally willing to RP (I don't do it by default though, so let me know upfront if you want that). Some RP notes about my character.

He's a watchful fellow who seeks three things: his brother's killer, the secrets of the neath, and to become a capable everyman.
He doesn't trust devils. He's willing to work with them for personal benefit, but is ultimately pro-human. He's not above breaking the law for what he wants, but he can't resist his desire to help others and wants to see London become a prosperous empire of the neath.

I'm a paid subscriber, but my financial situation means I'm rather stingy with buying and spending fate. Also, I'm not yet a POSI.
Don't hesitate to approach me, I'm looking for literally anyone who will become an acquaintance. Also my suspicion is a bit high, help is appreciated. Also, I wouldn't mind a patron in any field (preferably watchful).

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Is%20this%20name%20available

--
Is this name available, https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Is%20this%20name%20available
+1 link
SmugSkeletor
SmugSkeletor

10/8/2018
Greetings and salutations!
Seems like even here, in a place where death is more of a minor annoyance, it IS possible to slip into a coma. Imagine waking up after two long years only to find out the world has moved on, along with your old acquaintances.
I humbly ask you, my wonderful friends: do not hesitate to contact me, either for harmless entertainment or a friendly spar.
--------------
POSI returning to Fallen London after 1,5 years of absence, just in time to witness the glorious redesign.
I'm willing to accept any invitations, no matter how trivial.
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Ordo
+1 link
Implacable Meddler
Implacable Meddler

10/10/2018
A young rising star in the Neath, this mysterious individual of indistinct gender is open to all offers of distractions - provided you are prepared for indiscrete inquiries as time demands!

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Implacable%20Meddler
+1 link
Gidgo130
Gidgo130

7/24/2019
Greetings, all. I am a relatively new player and would love to acquire acquaintances. I am open for any and all social interactions.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Gidgo130
+1 link
EmmaYlva
EmmaYlva

4/21/2013
Hi everyone, would like some friends to play with. I have played for a while but never with friends. EmmaYlva is my FL.
+1 link
Lady Eris
Lady Eris

6/6/2015
My delicious friends, my brother in law William has paid a visit to the Neath and seems to be enjoying things considerably. If any of you kind folk would care to show him the sights, it would be much appreciated. The poor fellow needs every chance he can get to escape from my sister, so he is likely to accept any and all invitations.

You may find his direction here if you would be so good.

[For the avoidance of doubt, yes, this is my alt. Not my actual brother in law. And I don't have a sister.]
edited by Lady Eris on 6/6/2015

--
Lady Eris Psmith, Society darling, devoted wife. Dangerous when crossed. Accepts most social invitations. Distributor of Parabolan Kittens. Welcomes new acquaintances, especially those who write 'in character'.

William Templeton, Viscount Manningham, newcomer, gentleman, all-round good egg - accepting absolutely all invitations.
+1 link
Arkonsel
Arkonsel

1/18/2018
Hello, delicious friends!

I'm an Exceptional Friend with access to the House of Chimes (just let me know if you want to feast at Dante's Grill or have an intimate evening with me) and I'm open for all social actions except the Affluent Photographer.

Please don't dupe me! I'm good with exchanging menace reductions too - the one I most frequently need reduced is Scandal, for unknown reasons.

I'm also an Author and open to doing appearances at Salons smile
+1 link
Dorian Foster
Dorian Foster

3/2/2014
Just a few more words...!!! I am very close, writes the author Dorian Foster, in the small newspaperly ad. I feel as though I am on a precipice of discovery, and could use some assistance in understanding some of the shadows of London...for research, of course.

OOC: Shadowy is the only thing preventing my from becoming a POSI (I am at 95). I'd appreciate some help with loitering, though all menace reduction is welcome. smile Also, please do share advice, if there is anything I should do before getting there (PM, if you are willing)...
OOC2: I seem to have reached my score! Now I brew the tea and wait. Menace reduction is always welcome, still. The things I do for realism...AHEM.
edited by dorianfoster on 3/4/2014
+1 link
Boklasarmarkus
Boklasarmarkus

8/6/2015
Feel free to bombard me with an absolutely indecent amount of chess requests, I will also accept other social requests, but keep the amount resonabel.

My account name: boklasarmarkus
edited by Boklasarmarkus on 8/6/2015
+1 link
Daydreaming
Daydreaming

3/27/2014
Good evening to all, fellow citizens. I am open to every kind of social action except photographers, and also would be interested in cats, calling cards, suppers and whatnot. Menace help too, but be reasonable (and no dupes, please).

• --
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Daydreaming
    Most pleased to accept every kind of social action (except photographers and loitering) and calling cards.
  • +1 link
    Bellamy
    Bellamy

7/8/2014
    Despite my occasional ventures out into the vast, dark zee, I would be pleased to make the acquaintance of... mostly anybody, really. Should I survive my next voyage.

Either way, an invitation or two from any person would not go amiss. Coffee. Kittens. Robbery. All of those wonderful things.

--
    Dame Natasha, a breathtaking and crafty lady looking for a shadowy patron.
    +1 link
    Seurat
    Seurat

7/26/2015
    Once I knew many, once I distributed affection and attention to all who caught my gaze for even a brief moment. Where have those old partners gone? I have never gone, have always been, and still remain. I've seen the future, or perhaps the past, and preserved the mirror to retain or perhaps ensure that timeline. Now I am returned from that particular quest. Now I am seeking...new faces. New acquaintances who have an interest in...whatever it is I give.

If you were to wonder more about what my affections could entail, and perhaps asked around only to discover the multitude of gifts given to a host of delicious friends last Feast of the Rose... I cannot deny the reality of that. But now it is just you and me - only you, only me.

Send a raven to the spire emporium that somehow remains standing, even after that Nasty Bit of Work with the Masters.

• http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Seurat
    edited by Seurat on 7/26/2015

--
    Find me in London here.
    I have no stipulations for contact. Find me -- I see you already.
  • +1 link
    Demoncrat
    Demoncrat

5/2/2015
    Friends Both Exceptional and Delicious,

My parlor is open to calling cards of all nature, and I look forward to making the acquaintance of any upstanding individual interested in chess, sparring, dinner conversation, or the redistribution of properties currently misplaced in the hands of others. Further, as a virtuous and not-at-all-scandal-ridden denizen of Fallen London, I feel it is my utmost duty to offer my assistance to any poor fellow, lady, or person of mysterious and indeterminate gender in need. Should you be in such dire circumstances, please do note that from time to time I may be consumed by vicious nightmares and/or viewed with utterly unwarranted suspicion from the constables, and as such may be forced to decline.

Please direct all inquiries, with appropriate correspondence, to the attention of Demoncrat.

Yours Etc. etc.,

D. Crat

--
    http://www.fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Demoncrat
    +1 link
    Socratease
    Socratease

8/6/2015
    I'll take anything. Currently most interested in Suspicious Lingering and Sparring Bouts.

Especially Sparring Bouts. I will fight all of London.

--
    Eyes turned NORTH.
    +1 link
    idyl
    idyl

5/23/2015
    Greetings,

I'd be glad to partake in any social activities, so feel free to request me. In particular I'm looking for a sparring partner, as I can never seem to get enough hard-earned lessons!

--
    “Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est"
    +1 link
    Von Prabik
    Von Prabik

7/9/2015
    I feel that I should prostitute myself here. Ladies and gentlemen! Hoodies! Feast your eyes on this magnificent specimen of manhood, the mysterious, the fierce, the loquacious Gottfried von Prabik. I come from Prussia to bring the iron first of Ordnung down on the unreasons of the Neath. All shall be expunged. Also ready to box, play chess, quite ready to eat out at Caligula's or in private, pillow-fight. But no loitering, please. I don't aim quite as high as New Newgate. Role-playing is welcome - why not.
    +1 link
    Hobnail
    Hobnail

6/22/2015
    Chess. CHESS! My coral set glims and glitters so! Come, come and see, come into my parlour and sit with me in the apocyan glow and we will learn together...

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Hobnail

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Hobnail
    +1 link
    Arkadian
    Arkadian

7/12/2015
    A clumsily written note, spattered with ink and... good Lord, is that blood? One hopes it is blood. A blood-spattered note is infinitely more respectable than the other possibilities.

"hello delicius frends!
    most charming, most dangerus frend seeks company, any sort! most exellent host! ladys and gentlemens both welcome!
    ask for Arkadian!"

Ugh. And the spelling - atrocious! Perhaps you ought to leave it where it lies.
    edited by Arkadian on 7/12/2015
    +1 link
    Cinderis
    Cinderis

7/16/2015
    Hello, fine ladies and gentlemen of our dear subterranean London!

I seem to have found my way into this shroomy paradise through uncertain means, but the call of the Neath is strong and it beckons me farther into its depths. As such, I would very much like to become familiar with the lovely denizens of this intriguing world.

I'm more than happy to accept any invitations one might wish to extend and will readily return such favors. I can be as informal or formal as one likes, according to how interested they are in playing a role of sorts. Right now I simply find myself wanting some company in this wonderfully dreary place, whether it's over a nice coffee or more personally through the post.

Alas, I do find myself on the verge of a break from reality as my nightmares have become much more volatile since arriving here. An ear or three to rid my mind of some of the darker thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I will return kind with kind, but do remember that this lady is quite new to this experience.

-Hopefully yours,
    Cinderis
    +1 link
    Aximillio
    Aximillio

4/4/2013
    Danae wrote:

I think it's poorly thought out to require usernames rather than character names, but the Masters of the Bazaar have their reasons, I presume. I believe this needs to be made clearer in the explanations of social actions.

This is due to Role-playing reasons, I believe. Your Storynexus name is the same for all Storynexus games, whilst your Fallen London character is limited to Fallen London only. Imagine if you had a name from a game based in 2000 B.C., then played a game about futuristic ufos. That wouldn't fit too well for everyone.

I completely agree it should be made clearer, however, which is why I made the thread in my sig in the first place =)

--
    Possibly returned after a long hiatus. Please do not send live rats or tournament requests.
    +1 link
    Tabs
    Tabs

4/7/2012
    Oh, hello. I'd love to loiter, eat supper, and spar with you all. My friends might be tired of seeing those messages in their inbox. My Twitter's @dirtytabs. smile

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Tabs
    +1 link
    Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)
    Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)

2/16/2014
    Delicious friends,

As my signature has reflected for approximately a month, my gender is female. (Cis female, to be precise.)

I have just edited it to better emphasize that and added a note that I am going to start denying requests from people who address me using male titles or pronouns, because while I am happy to take requests for social actions and help out fellow players, the last straw, it has fallen.

Assuming that male is the default, unmarked state is wrong and harmful. Don't do it.

Most sincerely indeed,
    An Ocelot
    edited by an_ocelot on 2/16/2014

--
    Social Actions: send them to Kade Carrion (she/her; no Tournament of Lilies, please). an_ocelot has gone NORTH and cannot benefit from social actions!

Possibly-Useful Things: Spreadsheets and hints and link collections, oh my.
    +1 link
    VRB
    VRB

11/19/2017
    Willing to help with all mutually beneficial activities.
    +1 link