Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.
the topic is closed | show rated messages only

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Seeking Mr. Eatens Name [locked meta thread] Messages in this topic - RSS

Urthdigger
Urthdigger

11/13/2013
I could do with being betrayed as well... what are the requirements for it?

--
Looking for second chances to maximize your loot output from those troublesome storylets? Check out our handy gang of volunteers in this thread, or even volunteer yourself!

@Urthdigger on twitter
0 link
Spacemarine9
Spacemarine9

11/13/2013
The description doesnt make reference to any requirement, besides that you trust the person with Destin's Candle. There may be otherrequirements but until the option unlocks its not really possible to say

--
my rats will blot out the sun
Ratgames
FL lore/mechanics questions and answers
#FallenLondon IRC (irc.synirc.net) Channel! Click to join via Mibbit.
#SunlessSea IRC channel! Like the above, but zee-ier.
0 link
Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)
Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)

11/13/2013
Also, I feel obligated to say that we don't KNOW yet that being betrayed spreads the candle, that is mere speculation . . .

--
Social Actions: send them to Kade Carrion (she/her; no Tournament of Lilies, please). an_ocelot has gone NORTH and cannot benefit from social actions!

Possibly-Useful Things: Spreadsheets and hints and link collections, oh my.
0 link
Urthdigger
Urthdigger

11/13/2013
Well, hopefully I trust a few people with the candle. Been doing my best to keep nightmares and wounds and 3 all the time, and accept all the invitations that come my way (I'm down to 2!)

--
Looking for second chances to maximize your loot output from those troublesome storylets? Check out our handy gang of volunteers in this thread, or even volunteer yourself!

@Urthdigger on twitter
0 link
NinjaComedian
NinjaComedian

11/13/2013
an_ocelot wrote:
Also, I feel obligated to say that we don't KNOW yet that being betrayed spreads the candle, that is mere speculation . . .

I knew that going in myself, but having missed the Candle during the glimpse of the future I'm willing to take this chance now even if it doesn't spread it. After all thee are only 6 opportunities to get this Candle left and each will be worse than the one before.

I'm mainly basing this on the text on the storylet that says "The candle will spread like a sickness."

Of course, if it does spread the candle to the other player I'm expecting the player who receives it to receive a world of hurt to go with it. Last time was accepting a Destiny that was -3 to all stats so this will be worse than that at least, if it does actually give the Candle to the betrayed player.
  • 0 link
    Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)
    Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)

11/13/2013
    Oh, NinjaComedian, me too, and I think it very likely, I just don't want it to become set in stone before we get any actual proof . . .

--
    Social Actions: send them to Kade Carrion (she/her; no Tournament of Lilies, please). an_ocelot has gone NORTH and cannot benefit from social actions!

Possibly-Useful Things: Spreadsheets and hints and link collections, oh my.
    0 link
    Corran
    Corran

11/14/2013
    I hope that whoever receives it first will let us know exactly how much it hurt...

--
    My Fallen London profile
    0 link
    IHNIWTR
    IHNIWTR

11/14/2013
    question re: the Well

• I'm pretty sure the site of the actual betrayal of Mr. Eaten was somewhere NORTH, and that the God Eaters themselves are hiding in tomb colonies. But as for the well: there's the particular location in Hunter's Keep with the strange glowing furry thing guarded by a mysterious and probably inhuman servant. What's that all about? I thought the Well was a reference to the third city than more to an actual well. And has anyone figured out what's the deal with Hunter's Keep itself? and why the "sisters" stories all seem to be similiar, if not identical?

--
    https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Daniel%20Vaise
  • 0 link
    lady ciel
    lady ciel

11/14/2013
    There are a lot of Wells - Mutton Island which definitely has links to Mr Eaten; the one in Big King Square also has an Unaccountably Peckish option so I think the one on Hunter's Keep is something different. Fascinating place though and I would love to know more about the sisters and their servant. Also what is exactly in that well.

--
    https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/lady%20ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
    0 link
    Murky
    Murky

11/15/2013
    Has anyone performed the burning of an error yet?

--
    Add me whenever: @th4tOn3Guy
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Murky
    0 link
    Laluzi
    Laluzi

11/15/2013
    Yep. It slashes the sender's stats by an enormous but variable amount, hits the recipient for about five levels in everything, and gives them the candle.

--
    Feel free to ask if you need something! Uninterested in Trailing the Affluent Photographer.
    Mercer - an enigmatic and brutal individual. Frightfully strong. Has even more frightful manners.
    0 link
    NinjaComedian
    NinjaComedian

11/15/2013
    Laluzi wrote:
    Yep. It slashes the sender's stats by an enormous but variable amount, hits the recipient for about five levels in everything, and gives them the candle.

It may not be a variable amount - it may be that it sets each stat to half what it currently is including the bonus from your equipment. At least that appears to be what all of mine ended up at.

• But it does give the recipient the Candle.

I always laughed at people saying we Seekers must be mad to do this, but this is the first time I really feel mad for Seeking.

What will St. E----'s Candle cost us?
  • 0 link
    Inpiun
    Inpiun

11/15/2013
    I'm up for being betrayed as well: it might actually be refreshing to revisit old storylets while grinding my stats back up.

--
    My profile
    @Inpiun
    0 link
    Murky
    Murky

11/15/2013
    still worth it if any one is willing to betray me with a candle. But they truly have ramped up the cost this time. Do you think its true that there are seven ways to get this candle like in the description?

--
    Add me whenever: @th4tOn3Guy
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Murky
    0 link
    Little The
    Little The

11/15/2013
    Hm. If Gawain's candle is the last, I'm starting to wonder if maybe it really is impossible to get. Perhaps the conclusion of the Gawain chapter is just that you decapitate yourself trying to get the candle, game over.

(And by the way, don't give me the candle please. I'm not willing to kill my stats to pass it on and I'd feel terrible if I broke the chain. Plus I'm considering dropping out of SMEN, so it would probably be a waste.)

--
    A gentleman of numerous descriptors that change far too often. Second chance and menace reduction invites are welcome.

My journey to Seek the Name is recorded for posterity here. I asked "Who is Salt?"

I am a member of the Temple Club. If you would like an invitation, feel free to request one!

Fallen London is a game of choices. When you make an important one, you can record your rationale here.
    0 link
    Spacemarine9
    Spacemarine9

11/15/2013
    St Gawain's Candle will allow your enemy to behead you. If the terror Alexis inflicted upon poor ol' me yesterday is any indication.

--
    my rats will blot out the sun
    Ratgames
    FL lore/mechanics questions and answers
    #FallenLondon IRC (irc.synirc.net) Channel! Click to join via Mibbit.
    #SunlessSea IRC channel! Like the above, but zee-ier.
    +1 link
    Little The
    Little The

11/15/2013
    Ah. So it won't kill us directly, but will probably lead to us getting anticlimactically killed off in the final chapter of the main story or our ambitions or whatever.

--
    A gentleman of numerous descriptors that change far too often. Second chance and menace reduction invites are welcome.

My journey to Seek the Name is recorded for posterity here. I asked "Who is Salt?"

I am a member of the Temple Club. If you would like an invitation, feel free to request one!

Fallen London is a game of choices. When you make an important one, you can record your rationale here.
    0 link
    Gillsing
    Gillsing

11/15/2013
    Would Hesperidean Cider make it possible to survive a beheading, or is there no coming back from losing your head? Or would it be like Morag the Immortal?
    +1 link
    Erik Vimes
    Erik Vimes

11/16/2013
    Man, i wish i could be beheaded. I want that candle.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Eric~Vimes
    +1 link
    Alexander Feld
    Alexander Feld

11/16/2013
    Don't worry, I'm sure Alexis is sharpening his axe as we speak.

--
    I am a star-gazer, story-eater, and a smelter of words.

I filch hidden things from hidden places, to hide once more in my dark cabinet of curiosities

Alexander Feld, the mad, damned, lord of seekers.
    +2 link