Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

Bragging Rights Messages in this topic - RSS

Asclepius Unbound
Asclepius Unbound

2/12/2015
I'm rather proud of myself: on an Invictus run, with one character, I managed to unlock:

- Manual of Miracles
- The Boke of Sharps
- A Dream of Red
- Scion
- The Horizon Codex

My future characters' runs should be fun. And a lot easier.

--
Alas, Asclepius Unbound is now forever beyond the reach of invitations. A successful Seeker.
0 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

2/12/2015
Nice one! If you got Boke of Sharps, then the Codex must have been via the Merchant Venturer - even more impressive!

(I'm currently working on a legacy game myself - six characters, one for each background and ambition plus one Shadowy Stranger, each earning one legacy item until the last has all the bonuses. Not, I admit, on Invictus, because having that go wrong would be most vexing.)

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
0 link
Asclepius Unbound
Asclepius Unbound

2/12/2015
Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook wrote:
Nice one! If you got Boke of Sharps, then the Codex must have been via the Merchant Venturer - even more impressive!

Indeed, and thanks.

Started as Shadowy Stranger, did the Sphinxstone runs interspersed with Surface runs to the Anarchists until I unlocked Manual of Miracles, then finished the Anarchists for Boke of Sharps. Was romancing in the background to set up Scion, and then somehow made the check to get the Scarred Sister (really didn't expect that, but I'll take it!). Dropped her off for A Dream of Red, did a few runs back and forth to unlock Scion properly, while doing some Merchant Venturer stuff (pretty much everything he asked for was gettable either at Wolfstack or Palmerston, and this character had a lot of money, so I just threw money at the problem). Used the Presbyterate Adventuress to get a Searing Enigma, then realised I had a problem. My Hearts was too low, I didn't have any Secrets left nor an easy way to get some without travelling far (used an inherited map that was really useful for those money-runs - Salt-Lions directly East of the Cumaean Canal). So ... I went to Whither and defied the gods on my way to the Avid Horizon. Because what could go wrong?

As it turned out, nothing. Big Grin

--
Alas, Asclepius Unbound is now forever beyond the reach of invitations. A successful Seeker.
0 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

2/12/2015
Asclepius Unbound wrote:
So ... I went to Whither and defied the gods on my way to the Avid Horizon.

So... kind of a "sod all you lot; I'm out of here"? With "ancient and capricious deities" for "you lot" and "the Unterzee, the Neath and the laws of reality" for "here"?

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
+1 link
Asclepius Unbound
Asclepius Unbound

2/12/2015
Exactly! Twas rather good roleplay, really!

--
0 link