Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

Tentacles, Tentacles Everywhere! Messages in this topic - RSS

Malgorath
Malgorath

2/11/2015
I believe I may have found a bug, or really badly weighted event. While zailing down to Port Carnelian, I stopped at Grand Geode, as it was my first time visiting. I gained a lot of terror there and left with >80 terror. I then got a random event where a tentacle emerged from the water and one of my crew was pushed overboard. This wasn't that bad as I had 7/7 crew (-3 from the clay men item), but I then got it again ~20 seconds later, then after 5 more seconds. By the time I got to Port Carnelian, I had 3 crew. I'm not sure if it was bad luck on my part, or there's some issue with this event that is making it fire far too often. But I am now very worried about zailing with high terror if I can lose so many people so quickly.

--
Phil - TRAVELLER RETURNING

Malgorath - A new member of the Neath.
0 link
GerbilSchooler
GerbilSchooler

2/11/2015
Stop pushing your crew overboard, good sir!
0 link
Nocculi
Nocculi

2/12/2015
"Malgorath" wrote:
But I am now very worried about zailing with high terror...

The mechanic would seem to be functioning as intended, then!

(I mean, that definitely seem to be more frequent than I experienced it! But teetering on the brink of insanity while in the middle of the vast dark zee is not a comfortable place to be. >.>wink
0 link
Gregg Johnson
Gregg Johnson

2/12/2015
It tends to happen with increasing frequency the closer you are to 100 Terror. I've rarely had it happen below 90.

For some reason turning the lights off also, anecdotally, seems to help... but... uhmmmm...
0 link