Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

Steam Achievement Hunting Messages in this topic - RSS

NiteBrite
NiteBrite

2/10/2015
I am at 27/30 of the total possible steam achievements. One I know how to get, but two of them have me completely baffled and so I thought I'd ask the community for ideas. Spoilers, obviously:

[spoiler]The first one is Roaring Rise: it has an icon of the ship over a large eye, so my thought was it was an achieve for finding "The Eye" tile. I spent 3 days genning new captains and maps, running a serpentine search pattern along the column 2/3 divider and 4/5 looking for Something Forgotten. Eventually I found "The Eye" and it shook my screen and all, but it didn't give me any achievement. I was so certain that was what it wanted, but it didn't work. I manually saved the map just in case. But does anyone have any ideas what this achievement might be if not "The Eye"?

The second one is A Past Wreathed In Shadows: It has the shadowed stranger icon. So I tried starting a captain with a shadowed past. That didn't do it. I tried then taking a past from an officer and selecting an ambition and completing it. That didn't work either. Is there something else you can do with the shadowed past I am missing, or am I on the wrong track entirely? Any one have any ideas what this achievement might be?[/spoiler]

Thanks in advance for any help or thoughts on this matter.

--
I AM currently accepting calling cards.
Stats loss counter: reset, irrigo equivalent: none
[00:34] <@ortab> NiteBrite's laugh is that of a condemned soul gazing into the abyss.
Merciless Modiste avatar by Paul Arendt (based on an original image by Joe England)
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/TheBriteModiste
0 link
WormApotheote
WormApotheote

2/10/2015
Is there something for completing the sphinxstone storyline with a shadowed past?

--
No, I don't pull the Eater of Names.
0 link
Zee!
Zee!

2/10/2015
I've been wondering if "Past Wreathed In Shadows" might be for finishing a game without selecting a Past?
0 link
NiteBrite
NiteBrite

2/10/2015
I tried retiring in a fancy lodgings without a past, but maybe that's not enough. You can't get a traditional ambition without a past either. There are a few "endings" that aren't an ambition I might try later, but that's all I know.

--
[00:34] <@ortab> NiteBrite's laugh is that of a condemned soul gazing into the abyss.
Merciless Modiste avatar by Paul Arendt (based on an original image by Joe England)
0 link
Asclepius Unbound
Asclepius Unbound

2/10/2015
NiteBrite, for the Eye, maybe you have to have the quality of Nightmares about the Eye when you find that tile?

WormApotheote wrote:
Is there something for completing the sphinxstone storyline with a shadowed past?

There is: I just did it. It's how you get the Manual of Miracles. But there was no achievement associated with that.

--
Alas, Asclepius Unbound is now forever beyond the reach of invitations. A successful Seeker.
0 link
WormApotheote
WormApotheote

2/10/2015
Is it possible some of these achievements are for the ambitions that aren't implemented yet? ...although to be honest I'm not sure what how they would be with those names, but.

--
No, I don't pull the Eater of Names.
0 link
Fhoenix
Fhoenix

2/10/2015
Have you tried looking at The View from Above while without a past? Would be interesting to know result even if you don't get an achievement.

Seeing as how nobody on Steam has those achievements it's quite probable they are either bugged or not implemented.

--
My Character
0 link
Lashkar
Lashkar

2/11/2015
Maybe you need to get your A Recurring Nightmare ("You have begun to suffer nightmares of a vast eye") up to a certain level and then sail over the Eye?

--
Wriothesley: Call me "Risley". My first character, around midgame
Asesina Ballenas: whale killer. Alt, recently PoSI
Happy to accept most social actions; will help with menace reduction if it's reciprocated.
0 link
ZeaCat [Banned]
ZeaCat [Banned]

2/11/2015
Roaring Rise seems broken at the moment.

I attempted it vanilla and then with all three God favors, and with 'eye of the hunter'.

I was really banking on "eye of the hunter" being the trigger. :/
edited by ZeaCat on 2/11/2015
0 link
Asclepius Unbound
Asclepius Unbound

2/12/2015
I think eye of the hunter's only use is in Venderbight.

--
Alas, Asclepius Unbound is now forever beyond the reach of invitations. A successful Seeker.
0 link
The Dark Gentleman
The Dark Gentleman

2/27/2015
  • I don't know if it's still being sought, but Roaring Rise is achievable at present. Just did it.

• --
    The Dark Gentleman~ Social actions welcome. Menace reductions upon request. Newspaper interviews by appointment. Falconry by invitation only.

"THE HOURS FEAR THE NAMES.
    THE NAMES FEAR THE LONG.
    THE LONG FEAR THE KNOW.
    ALL FEAR THE HOURS."
  • 0 link
    General Specific
    General Specific

2/28/2015
    The Dark Gentleman wrote:
  • I don't know if it's still being sought, but Roaring Rise is achievable at present. Just did it.

• How?
  • 0 link
    fortluna
    fortluna

2/28/2015
    Find the tile with the giant Eye and sail over it. The flavour text should read "Something forgotten lies here."
  • 0 link
    NiteBrite
    NiteBrite

2/28/2015
    It was broken until recently, such that even if you did find the thing it didn't give the achievement. But it's noted as fixed in the latest patch notes.

--
    +1 link
    MisterGone
    MisterGone

2/28/2015
    Fhoenix wrote:
    Have you tried looking at The View from Above while without a past? Would be interesting to know result even if you don't get an achievement.

Huh. That seems like it's either going to totally break the game or lead to an awesome Easter Egg.

--
    If you'd ever like to enjoy a good round of pugilism or discussing the higher mysteries, Reginald Drownheart may be the dapper gentleman for you!

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Reginald~Drownheart~
    0 link
    fortluna
    fortluna

2/28/2015
    It gives the usual result, just without the Past option.
  • 0 link