Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

Getting rid of crew? Messages in this topic - RSS

Luxira
Luxira

2/4/2015
I just want to double check, but given that there are some advantages to running with a less than full complement of crew, I don't suppose there is a relatively easy way of getting rid of crewmembers?
0 link
lady ciel
lady ciel

2/4/2015
You can lose crew doing certain things - exploring the Wisp Ways; gathering supplies at Aestival or visiting the surface.

I also think that letting your terror or hunger rise too high can lead to events where crew members are at risk.

--
ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
0 link
Rocket Heeled Jack
Rocket Heeled Jack

2/4/2015
Getting rid of Terror at the chelonate often gets rid of crew at the same time, flank speed without an avid suppressor cuts down on crew very well if you don't have a good hearts score, and of course....

Beasties...

They do really well with crew smile

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Rocket~Heeled~Jack
0 link
Fretling
Fretling

2/4/2015
Doesn't that risk capsizing your ship?

IIRC there's a chance of losing crew if you get your ship fixed by (London) rats, but that's luck-based; there's also some random explore events that can lose crew, mostly anything that involves fighting (Gaider's Mourn has a couple, Port Cecil and Demeaux Island as well).
0 link
GerbilSchooler
GerbilSchooler

2/4/2015
But, despite all of these ways to lose crew, I don't believe there's a "Dismiss Crew" button (which I assume would be tossing the bugger over the side or starving them until they died?)
0 link
Fretling
Fretling

2/4/2015
What kind of bosses have you been working for, GerbilSchooler!?

It might be nice to have a "dismiss crew" option in London. Typically if a crewmember does something that bad while at zee, there's the option to turn them into a Prisoner and eventually drop them off at Wisdom.
0 link
GerbilSchooler
GerbilSchooler

2/4/2015
Fretling wrote:
What kind of bosses have you been working for, GerbilSchooler!?

Lol, I'M the boss!
Man... I felt so bad when I sunk a civilian vessel... my bo'sun had to kill one of my crew as she wept and lunged at me in a cudgeled fury. upset
0 link