Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

Can't seem to download new stories Messages in this topic - RSS

Bardigan
Bardigan

2/4/2015
Latest patch seems to have made it impossible for me to download new stories, as I keep getting stuck on the "Downloading Images" portion before the download just stops.

Is anyone else having similar problems?
edited by Bardigan on 2/4/2015
0 link
Fretling
Fretling

2/4/2015
Unfortunately, no. Well, fortunately for me, I guess, but unfortunate in that I have no idea what's causing it for you. Have you tried clicking the update button and then quickly alt-tabbing out for a long time until you're sure it's done? My creaky laptop sometimes crashes or stalls if I keep an updating or loading game as the active window, so I make a habit of that.
0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

2/4/2015
It worked for me just as I am reading this post.

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, cider, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
0 link
Bardigan
Bardigan

2/5/2015
Fretling wrote:
Unfortunately, no. Well, fortunately for me, I guess, but unfortunate in that I have no idea what's causing it for you. Have you tried clicking the update button and then quickly alt-tabbing out for a long time until you're sure it's done? My creaky laptop sometimes crashes or stalls if I keep an updating or loading game as the active window, so I make a habit of that.

Huh, well would you look at that! I'm using a laptop too and apparently the technique worked after I gave it a few tries. Many thanks!
edited by Bardigan on 2/5/2015
0 link
Zeek
Zeek

2/6/2015
Mine tells me that import fails.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Zeel - Zeel, also known as the Hollow Hellion. A soulless, heartless, empty individual who will only deal with those who are advantageous to him.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jass The Sly Socialite, or the Devious Rogue, depending where you see her. Jass lives a double life, alternating between the God-fearing, popular socialite and one of the many crime-lords of London.
0 link
Casidy2
Casidy2

2/6/2015
Bardigan wrote:
Latest patch seems to have made it impossible for me to download new stories, as I keep getting stuck on the "Downloading Images" portion before the download just stops.

Is anyone else having similar problems?
edited by Bardigan on 2/4/2015

Yes, I've had the same thing happen repeatedly for updates - I sometimes have to try downloading the new updates a couple of dozen times.

--
"The waters were gathered together, the floods slept in the Sun's blindness, and the depths rose like the Moon, in the light at the edge of the Sea."
0 link