Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

How to become suspicious Messages in this topic - RSS

Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

1/3/2012
For reasons entirely my own, I want to go to prison. I find, though, that becoming suspicious enough to raise a few constables' eyebrows in this city is far more work than one would've thought. So, if there is a way to become VERY suspicious VERY fast, I would like to know. Thank you. Delicious friends.

--
Old hand, still occasionally playing.
0 link
Dmitri Zhiriakov
Dmitri Zhiriakov

1/3/2012
Becoming suspicious VERY fast is problematic for obvious reasons(it's a menace) but you can get it up reliably by eating spore-toffeee at the carnival, vouching for other suspicious citizens of fallen london and naturally by failing shadowy challenges. name-seekers can get to new newgate real fast but only on the relatively high level~
0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

1/3/2012
Dmitri Zhiriakov wrote:
Becoming suspicious VERY fast is problematic for obvious reasons(it's a menace)

It's not THAT obvious as some of the other menaces (especially Scandal & Nightmares) can be raised quite easily if one wants to... wink

--
0 link
Felicity Chase
Felicity Chase

1/3/2012
I did this recently; I'm in New Newgate now, in fact.

If your Shadowy is high enough, failing challenges will increase Suspicion.

You could help provide alibis for your friends to decrease their Suspicion. (This probably isn't very fast, but I figured I'd help my friends since I was collecting Suspicion anyway.)

There are also several items that increase your Suspicion, like the prison mask.

--
@FelicityChase
Currently accepting: Almost all social actions. But please don't send me invitations to private dinners. And Nightmares may take a very long time to accept, unless you're willing to take some of mine in return.
0 link
Nigel Overstreet
Nigel Overstreet

1/3/2012
I honestly can't think of a faster way than social actions to increase suspicion quickly and I'm sure there are no shortage of folks who are in need of an alibi.
My favorite way is to taunt the detective, but that method is slow in it's coming.

--
The Romantic Egotist: Most Hedonistic Man in All of Fallen London
Are you or someone you know Overgoated? Please, let me know!

Cider Club
0 link
Dmitri Zhiriakov
Dmitri Zhiriakov

1/3/2012
Also while mr sacks is in town go ahead and try to steal his sack-a variety of menaces will be upon you sooner than you can say "candlejack"
edited by Dmitri Zhiriakov on 1/3/2012
0 link
Maurna Frost
Maurna Frost

1/3/2012
I have found that failing at tasks in Spite and the Flit do quite the job.

~MF
A Lady in pursuit of a forger

--
~MF

I greatly enjoy meeting delicious new friends and participating in deliciously exciting new adventures! Please feel free to drop a card to meet for dinner, exchange favors, give an interview, or any other activity that comes to mind. I DO particpate in exchanges requiring Fate, BUT you must contact me first; twitter, facebook, or here on the forums via PM.

Note: I am currently exchanging parcels with a large number of dear friends and my parcel opportunities are rare. I am always willing to exchange but your rate of return may be rather slow. To find others to exchange with I recommend the Starveling list.
0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

1/3/2012
Dmitri Zhiriakov wrote:
Also while mr sacks is in town go ahead and try to steal his sack-a variety of menaces will be upon you sooner than you can say "candlejack"
edited by Dmitri Zhiriakov on 1/3/2012

A very good idea indeed, how could I forget about that?
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I went to prison and did what I wanted to do there.

P.S. I like the new "even more daring escape" method for leaving New Newgate very much!

--
0 link
G. Augustus Gourmandghast

1/3/2012
If you should ever require more suspicion, I must beseech you to take some of mine. I have the problem completely opposite: it all grows for me much too quickly. But I simply can not help myself. There's always mischief to make.

--
Just 'Gus' will do, thank you.
0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

1/4/2012
Well, Gus, I've got rid of it all after leaving New Newgate and I find Suspicion the easiest menace to manage. No problem with providing a few alibis... I've sent you a Facebook invite.

--
0 link

1/4/2012
Marvelous, delicious comrade. My most esteemed gratitude is yours!

--
Just 'Gus' will do, thank you.
0 link

1/18/2012
It depends what level you're at/where you have access to. High end, in Court use "The people's art" to make money out of becoming suspicious; if you've been kicked out of Court, then head out to Zee and engage in piracy. With lower stats, rely on failed Shadowy challenges.
0 link