Zailing

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]I’m confused by the new zailing mechanisms. I’m currently trying to get to Polythreme, paid in advance for a speedier journey (maps & zee-stories), thought I had already picked the Sea of Voices option once, but was pushed back to the beginning of the journey with all progress (and menace) nullified. Now I had to raise the Approaching Journey’s End to 10, which was not very speedy or different from the old way. [/color]

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]Where did I go wrong? Is there a guide to this new-fangled stuff somewhere? Or am I missing something blatantly obvious? [/color]

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]All I wanted was some romantic notions… [/color]
edited by SmallFish on 9/9/2015

To reach Polythreme you need to cross both the area encompassed by the Southern Archipelago (The Broad Unterzee) and the Sea of Voices. These are two separate areas each of which use Approaching Journey’s End and Troubled Waters qualities, with slightly different sets of cards and storylets.

Your maps helped you with the first, shorter stage of the journey to get to the Sea of Voices, but didn’t do anything for the part where you had to navigate the Sea of Voices to Polythreme.

Alright, good to know! Thank you for the quick and concise reply.