Your Opening a Bundle of Not your soul quality is.

I’m just curious if anyone has gotten something lethal from Some Likely Candidates story. I’ve been doing it for quite some time and have not gotten above troublesome, although I’ve gotten a few cats and many something wretched which are supposed to have similar ranges.

I know bad on me for losing my soul to affectionate devils, in my defense, I foolishly believed the Capering Relicker when he said he had my soul, and thought I could just click through to get it back. I hate that guy. Anyways its very frustrating to endlessly grind a story which may or may not even have the reward in it. Anyone have a recent success here?

The only ways I have heard of to get the required Bundle of Oddities value are

• &quotFishing with the Fisher-Kings&quot in the Flit[/li][li]&quotThe Student Body&quot in the University[/li][li]Piracy at Zee. (Unsure given the recent changes to Zailing.)[/li][li]an option on the &quotOne’s Public&quot card [/li][li]You can also get it from surprise packages, but the range is so wide it’s very unlikely (and expensive)

I would recommend the Flit, as it is easier to get to and more easily repeatable than the other options I listed.
edited by Hypersomnus on 7/28/2015

Fishing with the Fisher-Kings doesn’t work anymore. The Student Body, One’s Public, Surprise Packages and the Ragman’s Barge can give the correct value.

Ah! Thank you Sara. I wasn’t aware.

There is also a Fate Locked alternative which is much faster (and reliable) and shows up on the Opportunity Card unlocked with Your Very Own Infernal Contract. I believe it is 15 Fate (but increases in value each time you use it to regain your soul).

Or you could simply live without a soul! It makes very little difference on gameplay except for a few small instances (mostly in the university).

It is worth noting that if you happen to have chosen the spirifer route in the Soul Trade (Fate-locked) story, then being soulless does have a quite profitable option on the Capering Relicker card, which provides 300 souls. A handsome profit for a single action, especially when converting them in large qualities at Ladybones Road.

I have thought about spending the 15 Fate to recover my soul, but at the moment I’m quite happy to wait for it to show up in a Bundle of Oddities. :-)
(Besides, I have other things to spend Fate on at the moment. So this isn’t a priority.)
edited by Kittenpox on 7/29/2015

[quote=Kittenpox]It is worth noting that if you happen to have chosen the spirifer route in the Soul Trade (Fate-locked) story, then being soulless does have a quite profitable option on the Capering Relicker card, which provides 300 souls. A handsome profit for a single action, especially when converting them in large qualities at Ladybones Road.

I have thought about spending the 15 Fate to recover my soul, but at the moment I’m quite happy to wait for it to show up in a Bundle of Oddities. :-)
(Besides, I have other things to spend Fate on at the moment. So this isn’t a priority.)
edited by Kittenpox on 7/29/2015[/quote]

You can get that one without being in the Soul trade, just need no soul. That’s the option I thought would give back my soul.

@Sara are you sure The Student Body still goes up that high? I checked the wiki and it seems like the info might be out of date.

@Hypersomnus I just spent the last of my fate starting to try get my aunt’s soul back.

You can get that one without being in the Soul trade, just need no soul. That’s the option I thought would give back my soul. [/quote]
You can get it, certainly, but it becomes 50% more profitable when you own a certain piece of cutlery. :-)

[quote=38thDoE][quote=Kittenpox]It is worth noting that if you happen to have chosen the spirifer route in the Soul Trade (Fate-locked) story, then being soulless does have a quite profitable option on the Capering Relicker card, which provides 300 souls. A handsome profit for a single action, especially when converting them in large qualities at Ladybones Road.

edited by Kittenpox on 7/29/2015[/quote]

You can get that one without being in the Soul trade, just need no soul. That’s the option I thought would give back my soul.

@Sara are you sure The Student Body still goes up that high? I checked the wiki and it seems like the info might be out of date.

@Hypersomnus I just spent the last of my fate starting to try get my aunt’s soul back.[/quote]

It’s definitely possible that The Student Body doesn’t go up that high anymore. I did it not too long after the oddities value for one’s soul moved out of the Fisher-Kings range.