Your Election Winner for 1897!

I can confirm that yes, he is the default Ambassador to Arbor for those who missed the event. It’s a neat legacy, but sadly has nothing to do with his Election promises at all (which from I’ve seen is the point of disappointment for some people).

That’s fair. I was looking forward to seeing what he was doing during his weekend too. Did any exceptional stories mention him as Mayor? I know the stone guest did for Feducci.

My character is in no way enthused by this, but as a player I’m rather excited. One of the continual strains in electoral feedback is that we want to see more of an impact from our choices, and this seems to promise it. Now, I could be getting my hopes up; one holiday appearance and a Christmas Fate story would technically be &quot[cropping] up from time to time.&quot However, it does sound like we’ll see Virginia a bit more than the past mayoral average.

Does this mean we will, in fact, get St. Melliflua’s Sanitarium for Poor Unfortunate Souls? Oh, probably not–but a boy can hope.

It’s this for me. I’ve enjoyed the Contrarian’s seasonal appearances – FotZ in particular was great, and I’ve read echoes from Hallowmas and the envoy heist (as he is not ambassador for me) that are also lovely – but none of them are things that happened because he was mayor, just things that happened during his term that he therefore took part in. We’ve got a good amount of his character, but I also voted for him because of his plans. The mayor card’s hooks were great (hiding from Ministry officials, unknown weekend business), so I am disappointed that it didn’t even really get a mention at all after that.

Well, we can’t be sure that he hasn’t held a Constables’ Ball.

New Mayor card is out. Options are Church and Devils.

I’ll be missing those Revolutionaries favors… /tear

[quote=Kaijyuu]New Mayor card is out. Options are Church and Devils.

I’ll be missing those Revolutionaries favors… /tear[/quote]I know the feel, but needed only 327 more cards (~25%) to reach LoN 50 is somehow comforting.
Because I just assume that the next mayor won’t have revolutionary connection,but with the less favourite classes and individuals!

It’s this for me. I’ve enjoyed the Contrarian’s seasonal appearances – FotZ in particular was great, and I’ve read echoes from Hallowmas and the envoy heist (as he is not ambassador for me) that are also lovely – but none of them are things that happened because he was mayor, just things that happened during his term that he therefore took part in. We’ve got a good amount of his character, but I also voted for him because of his plans. The mayor card’s hooks were great (hiding from Ministry officials, unknown weekend business), so I am disappointed that it didn’t even really get a mention at all after that.[/quote]

Agreed completely. As much as I enjoyed the Ceremony, I was also quite disappointed as it was the first year since establishment of the Election when the Christmas Fate story had no connection with the Mayor or their plans. Doubly disappointing personally since it was also the only time when a candidate I supported actually won, and a character with some of the best, most engaging and endearing writing in the game as far as I am concerned.

Let us hope that it wasn’t the last we’ve heard from the Contrarian. August now and forever!

…why is everyone in the spas so interested in Rubbery Men?

At least in SSkies, there’s something odd about their souls

At least in SSkies, there’s something odd about their souls[/quote]

Given that the new Fallen London spa is the idea of Virginia, a Devil, it would make perfect sense for Rubbery Men to have odd souls as well.

I’m not entirely sure what’s going on with this spa business, but it’s all very fascinating!

Perhaps there will be a story about the Contrarian’s business in the future? I too am disappointed, but there are still plenty of places (Festivals, ES) where the story can unfold.
As for the spa, I am pleasantly surprised it turned out so disturbing - everything else would have been a betrayal of Virginia’s character.