Would a register of Seekers be useful?

As it appears SMEN is underway again (huzza!), would it be useful to have a compendium of that small percentage of insane characters who are Seeking the Name? Although I am myself of modest vintage, I have done some research into the history of this particular activity, and it appears that some advantage may be derived from having a circle of acquaintances specifically dedicated to this hopeless endeavour. In earnest of which, I append my profile.

&quotSmall percentage&quot…

I would like people who are willing to cheer us on by taking menaces . . .

There is some advantage to having collaborators, but a public listing where you can also pick up Rivals is ill advised. Don’t forget that time when

the fingerkings put a hit out on seekers so that non-seeker players could leave the royal Beth a little sooner provided their passed their menaces, amplified, on to seekers against their will.

Basically have friends, but in general stay hidden from the public. Like I haven’t lol, rip me :’)

I’m a strong advocate of social play, but in the case of seeking I would strongly advise seekers themselves to seek out more discreet methods of finding friends, like private messaging.
edited by NiteBrite on 6/8/2016

@ an_ocelot: Good point. While the content is inappropriate for Malthaussen’s character (he doesn’t do Faustian bargains), he would be more than happy to facilitate the madness of others. Bloody enabler, he is.

– Mal

[quote=NiteBrite]Don’t forget that time when

the fingerkings put a hit out on seekers so that non-seeker players could leave the royal Beth a little sooner provided their passed their menaces, amplified, on to seekers against their will.

Salt, Storm, and Stone but that is an incredible story. If that happens this time hit me up for help with the nightmares, I’ll do anything to oppose Them.

For the record, RandomWalker, Stroller, and Third Walker have no intention of seeking the name, but would be happy to cheer from the sidelines, and are always up for a game of chess or ten.

I am currently an accidental seeker (I clicked not-the-chestnuts). I plan to clear it if I can, and will provide assistance as asked.

Have you found a way to clear it completely? I chose an option on the UP card that gave me 1 of SMEN and MM, and would love to clear it from my main. I do not have a ship, access to the LOT or MH, but everything else is fair game. Also not a PoSI.

[quote=NiteBrite]There is some advantage to having collaborators, but a public listing where you can also pick up Rivals is ill advised. Don’t forget that time when

Basically have friends, but in general stay hidden from the public. Like I haven’t lol, rip me :’)

I’m a strong advocate of social play, but in the case of seeking I would strongly advise seekers themselves to seek out more discreet methods of finding friends, like private messaging.
edited by NiteBrite on 6/8/2016[/quote]

How did that work? Did they put up a phantasmagorical illusionary sign in the lobby?

Now that you mention it, having a list of people willing to help out may be beneficial for Seekers. They could private message the kind souls and get help where needed. Hmm, interesting idea.

@Exceptionally Delicious: I believe under your circumstances the only resort is to await an Opportunity Card that will provide you with a good meal.

– Mal

I’ve thought about this before actually, and while I believe Seekers would do their best to hide their intentions, I believe. However, those who might be willing to aid in the Search could use a gathering place among the forums. Someplace that Seekers could come and anonymously find those willing to aid their search.

I suggest a club, something with a fancifully Bazaarian name. Say, the Neighborly Enabling Masked Society (NEMS -> SMEN).

Given how I play my character she will not be Seeking the Name.

But she is more than willing to help whatever poor soul that has decided to. Feel free to add me to an assistance directory.