Why are there no foxes in the city?

Likewise, and since every single player missed every single hint, I wonder if they exist at all?[/quote]

I know there’s at least ONE hint that you see when turning Zee-Ztories into Partial Maps, on just a normal success.

&quot’…and they say that the Neath would be brighter than the Surface, but for the mountain of glass and ash at the farthest south. That’s where all the foxes went. Why do you think the candles are so-named?'&quot

edited by Allanon Kisigar on 2/7/2014

Likewise, and since every single player missed every single hint, I wonder if they exist at all?[/quote]

I know there’s at least ONE hint that you see when turning Zee-Ztories into Partial Maps, on just a normal success.

&quot’…and they say that the Neath would be brighter than the Surface, but for the mountain of glass and ash at the farthest south. That’s where all the foxes went. Why do you think the candles are so-named?'&quot

edited by Allanon Kisigar on 2/7/2014[/quote]

[li]
That would be why streetfelineblu concluded (in the link in their signature) that the answer was &quotthey went south, to the elder continent&quot. Which may well be the truth of where they are instead of London, but as we now know it is not why they aren’t here.

I think I’ve finally noticed one of these oblique hints. The Muffled Intriguer, who I think is also the Civet, has a strong distaste for cheese. Cheese being the food of rats, it might suggest a hatred for rats in general. The Civet, in some of the Foreign Office content, is implied to be a fox, or at least has some foxy descriptions in the text.

[quote=Suitov]Well, now we know the official answer from Word of Tiger.

Mr. Cups granted dominion over scraps and refuse to the rats instead of the foxes… although we wonder if the foxes subsequently left, were banished, or fell afoul of L.B. skullduggery.[/quote]

Sorry for reviving this old thing! I just saw this on someone’s journal and couldn’t help but wonder whether it might be the obliquest of all oblique hints:
Not out-foxed, but certainly out-ratted!

http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/A_lull_in_hostilities:_redouble_your_efforts
(it’s the tagline of the failure message)