Which of you is most notable?

Do tell so I may shower you with admiration.

I’ve been doing a run through the fidgeting writer, starting with 1000 Senses of Deja Vu, and in my grind for deals with a devil, I gained a large amount of making waves. Which pushed me to go to court to grind materials needed for Identities Uncovered, and, more waves.

I don’t dream to suppose that I’m even close to the top, even worth mentioning really, so we’ll just concede that right at the beginning. But even as little of a fish as I am, it’s quite a grind to get to that next level. To what lofty heights have you climbed?

There’s definitely people who’ve reached the cap (at 15).

Not me, I’m only at 9.

i don’t know if anyone has reached 15 to buff all 4 stats, and then maintained 15 for no other reason.
I’m 7, but that’s not very good.

I don’t think it’s possible to buff all four stats at the moment. You need a specialization to boost any of them, and once you pick one specialization you’re stuck with it.

oh. opps. so there’s only one reason to reach notability 15, then? besides bragging rights, ofc. or, am i forgetting something?
edited by Grenem on 3/22/2015

oh. opps. so there’s only one reason to reach notability 15, then? besides bragging rights, ofc. or, am i forgetting something?
edited by Grenem on 3/22/2015[/quote]

For the bragging rights and for the COLOUR PLATE.

Kinda. You need 15 to set your chosen stat to 215, but you don’t need 15 Notability to raise your stat in general. It’ll add however many points you have to your stat at any point, so if you’re only 2 Watchful shy of reaching Scholar of the Correspondence 21 you don’t have to make your way up to Notability 15 to achieve it. You can trade in your 2 points at the first opportunity.

edited by Sara Hysaro on 3/22/2015

[quote=Sara Hysaro]Kinda. You need 15 to set your chosen stat to 215, but you don’t need 15 Notability to raise your stat in general. It’ll add however many points you have to your stat at any point, so if you’re only 2 Watchful shy of reaching Scholar of the Correspondence 21 you don’t have to make your way up to Notability 15 to achieve it. You can trade in your 2 points at the first opportunity.

edited by Sara Hysaro on 3/22/2015[/quote]
true. I just assumed either a ‘true completionist’ or anyone who’s done with the nadir might want to max it out on the first go, since aquiring notability is slow and/or expensive.
of course, i could be mistaken- i often am. is there any notable value in the extra 15 points- i know you might get scholar of the correspondence for watchful, and save another confident smile for the roser’s challenge in the nadir- where you shouldn’t be going anyways, with the stats- for persuasive. a few more coins for robbing drunk rats for shadowy, and… that’s all the ones i know. is there any other uses?

EDIT: to OP, if you want to find people with max notability, google: colour plate fallen london. i think that’ll lead to some profiles at least.
here’s one i found that way: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Cocytus?fromEcho=36
edited by Grenem on 3/22/2015

You could use it to improve your odds on the Overgoat card if you specialized in Watchful, the K&C Lodging has a Dangerous challenge, and the Master Jewel Thief’s card has a tough Shadowy challenge. There’s probably one or two other options I’m forgetting about.

Ones Public (and the Unlikely Garden card in the Nadir, but that was already mentioned and also will erode your persuasive, so maybe not the best choice.) come to mind for Persuasive. Also chess with death.
edited by WormApotheote on 3/23/2015