Where shall I spend my carnival tickets?

I’ve got hundreds of them from the conflict cards. And it seems none of the carnival stories worth my time now… Are there stories that I might missed, where I could spend large amount of tickets for something else? I’ve got all my connections (other than masters) above 10 as well.

I have over two thousand. Not even Mrs Plenty’s Perfumed Pleasure Garden made a significant dent, and that’s where I’ve spent most of my tickets. Occasionally I’ve spent a ticket on meeting the Widow’s agents after siding with the dock-gangs on the Acacia and the Butterfly.

I’m not a high level player and I have accumulated hundreds that I have no use for just flipping cards.

I find most of the options available (apart from building Connection up to 10) at the Carnival unpractical and not worthwhile. If only you could at least sell them or have some ticket-exchange storylet to mass-spend them. It’s a bit unbalanced IMHO.

One of the stories in the carnival can give portfolios of souls, if you’re trying to get those for whatever reason, but it’s probably not especially profitable to do that.

Which one? I know a story that cost you ticket and give you that on rare success, but I think it is a card.

[quote=zbr308]Which one? I know a story that cost you ticket and give you that on rare success, but I think it is a card.

I think WormApotheote means Beneath the Neath, which is a card, but which I think you can flip while outside the Carnival - at least, I think I flipped it while in the Labyrinth of the Tigers, because I remember being surprised to see it.

Hmm it looks like I confused the Below the Neath card and the Beneath the Neath storylet, so yeah that doesn’t let you spend carnival tickets effectively after all. >.<

imho, the carnival is more interesting/semi useful for new players or characters.

you can raise your rubbery connection while getting a bit of cryptic clues.
win some bats.
raise investigating without any skill test.
and get yourself killed, driven mad, exiled, or jailed without actually raising any menance to 8.

[quote=&quotMany&quot Chin]… exiled, or jailed without actually raising any menance to 8.[/quote]What? How? I only know of the Hall of Mirrors, and those only lead to dreams and death.

It also raises your menace to 8 when you do that.

It also raises your menace to 8 when you do that.[/quote]
sorry remembered it wrong. should be just death and going insane. but i was sure it used to kill me(mirror for the bag a legend ambition) without raising my wounds to 8.

The mirrors used to send you to the menace state without increasing the actual menace, but that was changed a few months back.

It used to, but not anymore.

The change notwithstanding I cannot find any reference of such change being implemented;

http://www.failbettergames.com/category/fallen-london/

The mystery thickens.

Well, the change logs were only started relatively recently (and in fact seems to have been on hiatus for a little while) - not every change is listed on the website.

QED