What's the hardest component to grind?

I’ve been grinding personal reccomendations for a while now, and the whole thing has been horrible. Without entrance to the court, I assume it would take even longer. Are there worse grinds for components in Fallen London? I sure hope not.

Personal Reccomendations can be obtained by completing a Talk of the Town cycle from A Polite Invitation (probably 3 or 4 draws of the card though(. It’s slow because you’re dependent on drawing the card but it’s more interesting and gets quite a bit of making waves. Also, it’s particularly nice as it has its own deck and doubles your deck upon your return to London.

Whirling Contraptions and Legal Documents are my least favorite.

All of those are expensive. Whirring contraptions can also be obtained through the intrigue carosel, though i’m not sure that’s worth doing.

Legal documents are worse, but they have less uses, too. If you don’t care about the library, i believe you only need one. Book of hidden bodies isn’t easy to get either.

Book of Hidden Bodies is the worst for me. Legal documents are just easier to buy. Just flat out buy them and pretend there is no way to get them otherwise.

Oh, i meant just flat out buying them is hard. When i wanted them, i didn’t have reliable maniac’s prayer sources, besides flat up grinding them, which is painful even when you can do it. after all, each one costs 30 echoes in maniac’s prayers.

Whirring Contraptions were the worse for me. Because I needed 20, and the Intrigue carousel paid out 1 at a time. 1 every 44 actions meant 880 actions for the Contraptions needed for my Zub. The Lenses were annohying, too, because of the luck needed for getting the Magnificient diamonds… but did not need as many, so it was not that bad. Plus, not lucky purchases still gave me nice fodder to sell.

You don’t even need Legal Documents for the Library, if you are willing to grind research on the islands.

Portfolios of Souls no longer have any grindable sources other than directly assembling them. The card Below the Neath has two rare successes that give out Portfolios, but they’re extremely rare successes. It seems as about as rare as getting a Blemmigan, going from how often I’ve seen people get the rare success on the IRC.

For anyone interested: used to be you could get Portfolios via the Labyrinth of Tigers with all four base neathymon.

[quote=Cecil ]Portfolios of Souls no longer have any grindable sources other than directly assembling them. The card Below the Neath has two rare successes that give out Portfolios, but they’re extremely rare successes. It seems as about as rare as getting a Blemmigan, going from how often I’ve seen people get the rare success on the IRC.

For anyone interested: used to be you could get Portfolios via the Labyrinth of Tigers with all four base neathymon.[/quote]
What happened to the Neathymon option? What was the results changed to?

[li]

[quote=th8827]Whirring Contraptions were the worse for me. Because I needed 20, and the Intrigue carousel paid out 1 at a time. 1 every 44 actions meant 880 actions for the Contraptions needed for my Zub. The Lenses were annohying, too, because of the luck needed for getting the Magnificient diamonds… but did not need as many, so it was not that bad. Plus, not lucky purchases still gave me nice fodder to sell.

You don’t even need Legal Documents for the Library, if you are willing to grind research on the islands.[/quote]
Yes, i know that now. I didn’t then.

And yeah, whirring contraptions stink when you need 20, but so does everything. the Zub was supposed to be really expensive, and 1200 echoes sell value in items just for the contraptions would be horrible even if it were a different item.
edited by Grenem on 3/26/2016

[quote=Grenem][quote=th8827]Whirring Contraptions were the worse for me. Because I needed 20, and the Intrigue carousel paid out 1 at a time. 1 every 44 actions meant 880 actions for the Contraptions needed for my Zub. The Lenses were annohying, too, because of the luck needed for getting the Magnificient diamonds… but did not need as many, so it was not that bad. Plus, not lucky purchases still gave me nice fodder to sell.

You don’t even need Legal Documents for the Library, if you are willing to grind research on the islands.[/quote]
Yes, i know that now. I didn’t then.

And yeah, whirring contraptions stink when you need 20, but so does everything. the Zub was supposed to be really expensive, and 1200 echoes sell value in items just for the contraptions would be horrible even if it were a different item.
edited by Grenem on 3/26/2016[/quote]

Comprehensive bribes are the worst for me, because of all the luck needed. I’ve spent over 200 actions, and haven’t gotten a single comprehensive bribe yet.

Why not just buy the bribes? The nostalgia line of items isn’t terribly difficult to grind.