What is the best way to get a Touching Love Story?

I desperately need a Touching Love Story to get a certain deviless of my tail. What is the easiest way to earn one?
I have Persuasive and Watchful over 100, but not a PoSI yet.[li][/li][li]
edited by Listic on 11/9/2014

Don’t know what the best way is for certain, but I’d probably just grind out Prisoner’s honey, and then combine it in your inventory to make Romantic Notions, turn the romantic notions into Visions of the Surface, and then change them into love stories. Time consuming, but it’d work.

For reference, getting Touching Love Stories is MUCH easier as a POSI (Polythreme is good, but the wiki has a few other suggestions you could investigate).

Oh, your other option would be to go pickpocketing in Spite, if your shadowy is decent. Or get people to send you gift boxes, which have a low chance of having one. High level bundles can have them too, but both these options would take a while.
edited by RandomWalker on 11/9/2014

Also, if you have another third tier resource in greater abundance, you can side-convert it to Visions of the Surface, then convert up one level.

D’oh. Would have mentioned dismallyOriented’s suggestion, but I had it in my head that you needed SotC to do that for Correspondence Plaques, which is totally not the case. Good call, dismallyOriented.

[quote=dismallyOriented]Also, if you have another third tier resource in greater abundance, you can side-convert it to Visions of the Surface, then convert up one level.[/quote]Thanks!

Can I convert Appalling Secrets to Visions of the Surface, too? How do I do that?

[li]

Yes! Convert the Appalling Secrets up to Journals of Infamy, and then side convert to Correspondence Plaques. The Plaques can be converted to Visions of the Surface, and finally into Touching Love Stories.

[quote=Listic]Can I convert Appalling Secrets to Visions of the Surface, too? How do I do that?[/quote]By having Connected to: the Duchess 5 (15 CP) you can spend a night with the Duchess’ cats to convert 333 x Appalling Secret to 105 x A Journal of Infamy. Then you convert 50 of those to 51 x Correspondence Plaque, and then you convert 50 of those to 51 x Vision of the Surface. Unlike most conversions that require a connection, spending a night with the Duchess’ cats doesn’t reduce the connection.

You could also convert 33 x Appalling Secret to 10 x A Journal of Infamy, but that takes a lot longer. I never bother with those ‘default’ conversions, only the ‘bulk’ conversions.

Thanks, that worked!

RandomWalker, how do you grind out Prisoner’s honey?

Hi Listic,

I must admit that it’s been a long time since I had a pre-POSI character, and I don’t get through that much honey in the normal run of things.

Looking at your reported stats and lack of POSI status, I think your best bet for grinding honey would be to firstly grind enough wine to get you into the shuttered palace (or wait for an opportunity to visit the wry functionary, if you’ve been lucky corresponding with him after the Ambassador’s Ball), and then start writing the Duchess Poetry. Every poem gets 22cp Bohemian, and you can trade 120cps in at the Shuttered Palace for 240 honey. As far as cash crops go it’s pretty poor, but it’ll get you your honey.